I see The Natural Dale Planck is making a return to the 358 division at the high banks of the Fulton speedway. Should be another great addition and great year ahead...

• Like 2

I hear he's running for Aj Miller's family out of eastern NY. Aj is a sportsman driver at Fulton and wants to learn from Dale before he moves up

Good to hear he was always a favorite of mine. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Justracing44 said:

was his main sponsor back in the day nice and easy grocery shops? having a hard time remembering or if I'm confusing it for someone else 

The driver you are probably thinking of is Donnie Wetmore. Nice and Easy was a big sponsor of him .

It is possible that Nice and Easy might of sponsored Planck as well though? not sure on that

Didn't they sponsor Mitch Gibbs for awhile too? 

18 hours ago, In the Shadows said:

Didn't they sponsor Mitch Gibbs for awhile too? 

18 hours ago, HighPlainsDrifter said:

Yes. Paul Kinney too. 

And Steve Paine.

21 hours ago, leroy said:

The driver you are probably thinking of is Donnie Wetmore. Nice and Easy was a big sponsor of him .

It is possible that Nice and Easy might of sponsored Planck as well though? not sure on that

No, he was thinking of Dale Planck.

50583699_10156449075032772_7401014947850

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michaelxallen said:

We (Brogan Cadillac) sponsored the Schmidt #5 .  Probably Doug Hoffman.

The 5h was indeed driven by Doug Hoffman but had a terrible finish. On lap 89, both he and Frank Cozze called it a day. I would have to assume it was due to a crash, but the results don't give a reason.

1 hour ago, brian moore said:

I think nice and easy stores where all sold. They are all owned by  7-11. 

CST  brands Circle  K......

On 1/28/2019 at 4:48 PM, brian moore said:

I think nice and easy stores where all sold. They are all owned by  7-11. 

On 1/28/2019 at 6:04 PM, old racer said:

CST  brands Circle  K......

The nearest nice 'n easy stores to me are in Waterloo, about 15 miles away, which essentially means that I don't go there very often. I never knew they were taken over/sold and now I am bummed. I am not a major pizza fan, but I was hungry after a Fulton Rush Hour show one year and I needed gas to get home. When I left the track it was a little after 2am. Somebody said there was a 24 hour gas station in Phoenix about 5 miles away on Route 57, so that's where I went. I grabbed a Coke and bought 2 slices of their Buffalo chicken pizza for the ride home. It was AWESOME. Had the perfect amount of wing sauce, blue cheese and mozzarella.

I don't like change. My most recent experience with a Circle K was in Charlotte last fall. It was lunch time and I wanted a sandwich. What they offered was tasteless ham on stale bread, made on a conveyor line and packaged in one of those triangular clear nylon sandwich packs that you need a machete to cut into. I wasn't impressed. Now that I know that Circle K and nice n' easy are united brands, I won't go there any more. I'll just support Byrne Dairy in NY and Sheetz on road trips.

47 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

The nearest nice 'n easy stores to me are in Waterloo, about 15 miles away, which essentially means that I don't go there very often. I never knew they were taken over/sold and now I am bummed. I am not a major pizza fan, but I was hungry after a Fulton Rush Hour show one year and I needed gas to get home. When I left the track it was a little after 2am. Somebody said there was a 24 hour gas station in Phoenix about 5 miles away on Route 57, so that's where I went. I grabbed a Coke and bought 2 slices of their Buffalo chicken pizza for the ride home. It was AWESOME. Had the perfect amount of wing sauce, blue cheese and mozzarella.

I don't like change. My most recent experience with a Circle K was in Charlotte last fall. It was lunch time and I wanted a sandwich. What they offered was tasteless ham on stale bread, made on a conveyor line and packaged in one of those triangular clear nylon sandwich packs that you need a machete to cut into. I wasn't impressed. Now that I know that Circle K and nice n' easy are united brands, I won't go there any more. I'll just support Byrne Dairy in NY and Sheetz on road trips.

Bob if you ever get into an area were they have Wawa's check them out. Their sandwiches and hoagies are 10 times better then Sheetz.

• Confused 1

I have not been to Waterloo /Seneca falls/Auburn in at least two months. But at that time I could of sworn there were at least three  Nice n Easy between Geneva and Auburn.   Two on 5&20.  One on 318. 

Are these really all Circle K now?

50 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

They may have changed the name but I have bought pizzas ( chicken bacon ranch is my favorite) & wraps sense the name change. And there has been no change in the taste of the food sense Going to a Circle K. Not saying it won’t change but sofar still the same. 

• Like 1

The owner of nice n easy passed away 5 or 6 years ago. They still ran the stores after he passed but then sold out. Nice n easy was based out of Canastota Ny. The owner was a huge race fan. 

10 hours ago, RJO said:

Bob if you ever get into an area were they have Wawa's check them out. Their sandwiches and hoagies are 10 times better then Sheetz.

Wawa's were the big deal when I went to New Jersey for This Week on DIRT and Rush Hour, but that was years ago. Maybe they've changed since I was there last, but at the time I wasn't overly gaga about them.

Speaking of New Jersey, anyone know what the toll is for a passenger vehicle to us the Commodore Barrie Bridge these days?  Not 100% certain yet, but there is a good chance I'll be going to Bridgeport this year.

21 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

Wawa's were the big deal when I went to New Jersey for This Week on DIRT and Rush Hour, but that was years ago. Maybe they've changed since I was there last, but at the time I wasn't overly gaga about them.

Speaking of New Jersey, anyone know what the toll is for a passenger vehicle to us the Commodore Barrie Bridge these days?  Not 100% certain yet, but there is a good chance I'll be going to Bridgeport this year.

$5.00 You pay coming back out of New Jersey, going in no stop.

• Like 1