10 hours ago, frank rizzo said:

$100,000 to win. Who's going?

Should be a question of "Who Isn't Going"  But I understand that a lot of posters on this site say RACERS don't RACE for Money so I guess its a legit question. LOL

• Like 3

Highest purse ever. Man, I've got 3 wayyyy too early entry list threads to start this year between this show, SDW, and the Fonda 200

• Like 4

There's a Super dirt car series show same day so the tour guys will follow that.....

Im kidding, how many of you frantically were pulling up the schedule :)

• Haha 2

I know I was about to pull it up before I finished your post.

Who's going? Everyone.

Over/Under - 104 Mods sign in for this one.

Will any tracks give the mods off this night so they can participate if they so desire? Or do the drivers say the hell with it, I'm going to be a part of history?

21 minutes ago, frank rizzo said:

Will any tracks give the mods off this night so they can participate if they so desire? Or do the drivers say the hell with it, I'm going to be a part of history?

Fonda decided to end a week earlier for the fair this year to avoid any conflict with this event.

50 minutes ago, Justracing44 said:

There's a Super dirt car series show same day so the tour guys will follow that.....

Im kidding, how many of you frantically were pulling up the schedule :)

I laughed at first.....then I thought........"Those pricks just might do that......"

• Like 1

Plenty of conflicts

8/17 Thunder Mountain Speedway 
8/17 Land of Legends Raceway
8/17 Autodrome Drummond (Topless Night) 
8/17 Michael's Mercer Raceway (Championship Night)
8/17 Grandview Speedway 
8/17 Plattsburgh Airborne Speedway 
8/17 Delaware International Speedway 
8/17 Woodhull Raceway
8/17 Orange County Fair Speedway (160 laps $100,000 to win) 

25 minutes ago, racermurray said:

Plenty of conflicts

8/17 Grandview Speedway 
8/17 Woodhull Raceway

I don’t think the weekly regulars at any of those tracks except for maybe Canandaigua are the types to travel all that much. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

I don’t think the weekly regulars at any of those tracks except for maybe Canandaigua are the types to travel all that much. 

3 from Drummond could go and maybe 1 from airborne but most of the others don't travel like that. They are also 358s weekly

Edited by Devin Willis
  • Like 1

Defending champion at Grandview, Mike Gular, already announced he'll skip Grandview that week for OCFS

Matt Sheppard said in this weeks AARN that he will skip his weekly tracks and attend Ocfs 100 Anniversary races.

Isn't it a multiple day event? Thought I read that someplace. If so, the conflicts aren't just Saturday.

Thank goodness for people like Chris Larsen who can afford to give away money. I don't see how a show like this can make money unless it's an unbelievable entry fee but this is great for racers and fans.

3 day show, 12 cars will get locked in from those days, but other than that it's a complete show Saturday. No punishment for not being there those nights. First night full show with a $5,000 to win 40 lapper, then Friday will be a full show 80 laps $10,000 to win 

I’d love to see 104 cars but I’ll be a pessimist and say 75 show up.

Incredible OCFS is paying this purse and I can’t think of a better time for me to try and make my first ever visit there.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, racermurray said:

Plenty of conflicts

8/17 Grandview Speedway 
8/17 Woodhull Raceway

It's also Towmans Birthday,  What present for me...….I got the day covered!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, KB19 said:

Defending champion at Grandview, Mike Gular, already announced he'll skip Grandview that week for OCFS

Potentially giving up the Points at Grandview, depending on where he is at that point. If he is leading points or close, pretty sure he stays at Grandview. 

10 minutes ago, jodyr said:

Potentially giving up the Points at Grandview, depending on where he is at that point. If he is leading points or close, pretty sure he stays at Grandview. 

Considering he won the title last year, I'm sure he plans on being up near the top of the points at Grandview at that point. He's still planning on running OCFS that weekend.

Here's an exact quote from him, "I love Grandview, but they sometimes can be a little stubborn when to giving guys a night off, but you have to put up or guys are going to go where they want to go. Look,  they're going to offer $100,000 to win at Orange County in August, I'm going to be there. We might never have a chance to race for that kind of money ever again, so I am going and if you have a competitive enough car to do it you are nuts for not going and trying."  

• Like 5