Sign in to follow this  
MikeMallett

DIRTcar Nationals Updates

We'll be doing updates tonight from the DIRTcar Nationals for the big-block Modifieds.  We'll have recaps of each race, line-ups and results as soon as available.  

You can get it all here: http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/New17/?p=25666

Be sure to refresh often as it will be constantly updating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If you are checking the recaps and the forum out, what do you think of this format?  Looking for suggestions to improve our coverage.

Absolutely love the recaps. They are well written and clearly articulate the highlights of each race. Nicely done. 

Good action toward the front watching Perrego, Wight and Pauch all making moves towards the top spot with Decker. Sheppard nearly got by him too but misjudged the hole a bit and Decker shut the door causing Sheppard to loop it.

I was thoroughly entertained watching on DIRTvision.

5 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Good action toward the front watching Perrego, Wight and Pauch all making moves towards the top spot with Decker. Sheppard nearly got by him too but misjudged the whole a bit and Decker shut the door causing Sheppard to loop it.

I was thoroughly entertained watching on DIRTvision.

Sounds like a good one if there was some passing or very close to being some passing. I couldn't help to imagine it to be a bit boring since the top 3 starting positions finished in the same order they started in. Glad I was wrong and happy to see Billy pick up the win. Was there any contact between him and Sheppard?

The show of the race was Billy Pauch in my eye. He went up to no man’s land and was coming. He had about 3 laps he shoved the nose in middle of 1 and 2 it looked like he readjusted and ran out of time. Larry didn’t give up either he ran his usual never quit mood! Billy Decker ran a smart race. Best part was no chance of waking up to snow tomorrow:))

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Sounds like a good one if there was some passing or very close to being some passing. I couldn't help to imagine it to be a bit boring since the top 3 starting positions finished in the same order they started in. Glad I was wrong and happy to see Billy pick up the win. Was there any contact between him and Sheppard?

I believe there was some contact. I’d have to see a replay for sure but I’m fairly certain Sheppard got slightly into the back of Decker and then tried to hit the breaks hard which caused him to over rotate the turn and loop it to the right. 

EDIT: Definitely some contact but it was more into the side of Decker than the back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Big block race was awesome.

Billy Decker takes it over Larry Wight and Billy Pauch.

I agree 100%., it was a great race.

The results definitely don't tell any of the story. 

• Like 1

That was an awesome race. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

I agree 100%., it was a great race.

The results definitely don't tell any of the story. 

Decker and Wright had the exact same best lap time of the race at 19.533. I thought that was amazing, Billy on the 3rd lap and Larry on the 1st lap.

7 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

I believe there was some contact. I’d have to see a replay for sure but I’m fairly certain Sheppard got slightly into the back of Decker and then tried to hit the breaks hard which caused him to over rotate the turn and loop it to the right. 

EDIT: Definitely some contact but it was more into the side of Decker than the back. 

Looks like it was a pretty good race.  Thanks for posting that.

I guess I must have missed it; Jimmy Phelps and Mike Mahanney aren’t running? Any insight as to why? I think I read somewhere that Phelps is a teacher but perhaps I’m misremembering. Why isn’t Mike racing? Sorry if this has already been discussed. 

1 hour ago, JohnyC said:

I guess I must have missed it; Jimmy Phelps and Mike Mahanney aren’t running? Any insight as to why? I think I read somewhere that Phelps is a teacher but perhaps I’m misremembering. Why isn’t Mike racing? Sorry if this has already been discussed. 

I thought it was Ryan Phelps that was the teacher.

Sheppard wins followed by Friesen and Britten. What a race. Could have thrown a blanket over the top 4 for the first 10-15 laps. So glad I bought the $39 late model package. These two mod features have been well worth it already!

Still two more nights of racing too.

Incredible race tonight between the very best in the business in Sheppard and Friesen. Got to say that the guys at DirtVision do a very good job covering the event. Well worth the price.

12 hours ago, JohnyC said:

Mike is filming mandees blogs , Jimmy isn't a teacher Ryan is , hbr stayed home ...

8 hours ago, LaVoix said:

Incredible race tonight between the very best in the business in Sheppard and Friesen. Got to say that the guys at DirtVision do a very good job covering the event. Well worth the price.

I agree.  Very happy with the "dirtondirt" coverage and especially the action.   

I'm a big NASCAR fan too, and had the Duels on the tv while watching the dirt races on my ipad.  No comparison.  

Other than B Shep out front, even the late models are putting on a show.