Jump to content



Sign in to follow this  
HighPlainsDrifter

Deyo's STSS Florida bound in 2020

Recommended Posts


Now it's time for dirtcar to up there purse money for Volusia. Going to be interesting though. Now teams going to Florida will need to bring American Race tires along with Hoosiers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dirtcar just added sds races....full points....at any other track capable of racing....February 5th-8th

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is awesome. More incentive for mods to make a trip down to Florida and make a week of it as they can hit these shows and then go to Volusia the following week. To me this seems more like the series working together rather than scheduling over each other. Sure Deyo is offering more $$$ to win but that might get DIRTcar to open up a bit on the purses.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait a minute... isn't the STSS supposed to be the 'working man series'?

How is the 'working man' who can only afford to get to their local track on the weekend or only travel locally, suppose to support this Florida swing?

Perhaps it's no longer the 'working man series'? 

I understand these races are non-points, but it seems to go against what the STSS is all about...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DIRTCar97 said:

Wait a minute... isn't the STSS supposed to be the 'working man series'?

How is the 'working man' who can only afford to get to their local track on the weekend or only travel locally, suppose to support this Florida swing?

Perhaps it's no longer the 'working man series'? 

I understand these races are non-points, but it seems to go against what the STSS is all about...

Wait a minute. I thought it was okay to tow to Florida because it was a vacation in the winter time? Aren't working men allowed to take a vacation? J/K I don't think anyone has considered the STSS a "working man's" series for awhile now.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

Wait a minute... isn't the STSS supposed to be the 'working man series'?

How is the 'working man' who can only afford to get to their local track on the weekend or only travel locally, suppose to support this Florida swing?

Perhaps it's no longer the 'working man series'? 

I understand these races are non-points, but it seems to go against what the STSS is all about...

The only "constant" is "change". Lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By being non-points no one is forced to go down.  Just like the races at Volusia are non-points for the Super DIRTcar Series.  If guys want to go they can, if they don't, they can stay home.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares about working men or non working men... its Modified racing paying a decent purse...

My god people whine about everything.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I wonder where this leaves North Florida Speedway then.....on the outside looking in?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, P&T Racing said:

Who cares about working men or non working men... its Modified racing paying a decent purse...

My god people whine about everything.

Where's the whining?

I just pointed out that the series that once promoted itself as the working man series, seems to get further and further from that 'motto' year after year. It's not a bad thing either, competition for DIRTcar can only cause them to up their game as well. 

If anything, it all seems a little bit ironic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, luke81 said:

So I wonder where this leaves North Florida Speedway then.....on the outside looking in?

 

From the North Florida Speedway Facebook page, February 6 2020 practice and racing February 7, 8, and 9 for Northeastern Center Seat Modified. Looks like schedule conflicts to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RJO said:

From the North Florida Speedway Facebook page, February 6 2020 practice and racing February 7, 8, and 9 for Northeastern Center Seat Modified. Looks like schedule conflicts to me. 

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RJO said:

From the North Florida Speedway Facebook page, February 6 2020 practice and racing February 7, 8, and 9 for Northeastern Center Seat Modified. Looks like schedule conflicts to me. 

Isnt that place for sale? Will they even be open then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Devin Willis said:

Isnt that place for sale? Will they even be open then?

According to posts I saw online it's been up for sale since 2017. They have a full schedule posted for this year to race and Facebook page shows racing set for January/February 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

Where's the whining?

I just pointed out that the series that once promoted itself as the working man series, seems to get further and further from that 'motto' year after year. It's not a bad thing either, competition for DIRTcar can only cause them to up their game as well. 

If anything, it all seems a little bit ironic.

"Once promoted itself as"......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

"Once promoted itself as"......

 

I live about 6 hours from STSS country. Does it still promote itself as that? I know people on here still do. 

I noticed on the website it says it's a 'manageable' series that makes traveling affordable for the weekend racer.

Again, I think it's great that they are offering up great money and I understand they are not points races. It just seems odd coming that a series that started out as a "working man series" and still says on its website that it's a manageable series that makes travel affordable for the weekend racer, that it's hosting races in Florida. 

The bigger questions will be; how many cars will the STSS shows get and how will this impact (if any) the field of cars at Volusia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RJO said:

According to posts I saw online it's been up for sale since 2017. They have a full schedule posted for this year to race and Facebook page shows racing set for January/February 2020.

The old saying goes "everything is for sale" but in this case here I don't think the owner has it up for sale.  The Face Book post that keeps popping up listing the track for sale I think is just a false/fake advertisement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jeff Lawrence said:

The old saying goes "everything is for sale" but in this case here I don't think the owner has it up for sale.  The Face Book post that keeps popping up listing the track for sale I think is just a false/fake advertisement. 

https://racingnews.co/2019/02/24/north-florida-speedway-dirt-track-for-sale/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say since Deyo has found success in his tours, that it is no longer promoted as such (working man).

That ship has sailed...

It was a great promotion to get it off the ground.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

The only "constant" is "change". Lol.

"Changes aren't permanent, but change is." 

Still the best band in the universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
















×