Sign in to follow this  
HighPlainsDrifter

Deyo's STSS Florida bound in 2020

2 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

I live about 6 hours from STSS country. Does it still promote itself as that? I know people on here still do. 

I noticed on the website it says it's a 'manageable' series that makes traveling affordable for the weekend racer.

Again, I think it's great that they are offering up great money and I understand they are not points races. It just seems odd coming that a series that started out as a "working man series" and still says on its website that it's a manageable series that makes travel affordable for the weekend racer, that it's hosting races in Florida. 

The bigger questions will be; how many cars will the STSS shows get and how will this impact (if any) the field of cars at Volusia?

"It started out as a working man series and still says on its website that it's a manageable series that makes travel affordable for the weekend racer"

They are hosting non point races so YES the STSS is still a manageable series for the weekend racer. 

The working man series was a great marketing label when the series was in it's early stages.....it has since outgrown the label. I think that's a good thing.

I also think car counts at Volusia will benefit from having the STSS in Florida.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

"It started out as a working man series and still says on its website that it's a manageable series that makes travel affordable for the weekend racer"

They are hosting non point races so YES the STSS is still a manageable series for the weekend racer. 

The working man series was a great marketing label when the series was in it's early stages.....it has since outgrown the label. I think that's a good thing.

I also think car counts at Volusia will benefit from having the STSS in Florida.

You are not understanding what my multiple repeated posts have said. Not once have I criticized Deyo or the STSS, in fact I've said that what they are doing is a great thing (for those who can afford to haul a racecar to Florida).

I'm merely pointing out how funny/odd/ironic it is, that this specific series is now hosting events in Florida and paying great money. If you think about it, the SDS should really be the one paying this purse as it is presented as and assumed to be the more offical travelling series.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

I live about 6 hours from STSS country. Does it still promote itself as that? I know people on here still do. 

I noticed on the website it says it's a 'manageable' series that makes traveling affordable for the weekend racer.

Again, I think it's great that they are offering up great money and I understand they are not points races. It just seems odd coming that a series that started out as a "working man series" and still says on its website that it's a manageable series that makes travel affordable for the weekend racer, that it's hosting races in Florida. 

The bigger questions will be; how many cars will the STSS shows get and how will this impact (if any) the field of cars at Volusia?

It’s racing my man. There ain’t nothing affordable about it. You know that as well or better than most. Look at the money that gets poured into modifieds weekly just to make it onto the speedway surface let alone finish the race. Of course the promotional tagline is ironic the same way “sportsman” or “street stock” is anything but. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RJO said:

From the North Florida Speedway Facebook page, February 6 2020 practice and racing February 7, 8, and 9 for Northeastern Center Seat Modified. Looks like schedule conflicts to me. 

So can anyone confirm, is there a conflict with dirt car dates? Inquiring minds want to know 

The STSS , whether it is "working mans series" or not? The PAY is GOOD.

So, regardless of how it started......How do you stop  "professionals"  from entering ? The pay is in many cases better than the pro series    . so...…….  ?🙄

I  do however think in some cases the STSS can still be considered more of a related working man's series, as opposed to many other series/sanctions. Modifieds ,Sprints ,Lates , and other

Regarding  the STSS vs SDS

1,  Both the North and South  STSSs each have 8 and/or  9 races respectively?  So, If a team chose to just run one region or the other?.... Less travel, less time off.  A team can also follow either series. or both the entire North and South STSS, without going to OH ,Quebec, or North Carolina.

Florida races are a wash for each series. Since all are no points

2, STSS no time trials. Opinions can differ on this... but it seems weekenders/smaller teams prefer draw

3, STSS the purse is spread out more evenly than the SDS is. More drivers get a piece.    Not quite, but sorta ESS like?

4, No contract drivers on STSS.   This goes along with number 3^

• Like 6

So, is there just one track in Lake City? (North Florida renamed as All-Tech?)

Or are there actually two dirt tracks less than 10 miles apart ...

Google Maps suggests there are two tracks, but I know sometimes that info is incorrect.

7 minutes ago, BillSmith said:

Google Maps suggests there are two tracks, but I know sometimes that info is incorrect.

Yes there are two tracks. 

20 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

So can anyone confirm, is there a conflict with dirt car dates? Inquiring minds want to know 

No one mentioned Dirtcar however North Florida has Crate Sportsman scheduled on 2 of the 3 dates.

This was posted on Feb. 16:

2020 National Info:
We would like to clear up a little chatter. YES we will be holding our annual events here at North Florida Speedway for 2020. We would like to thank everyone for the amazing support with our 2019 shows. Thank you to all UMP modified that showed up and weathered the crazy weather with us. Each year the show seems to get better and better. As for our Northeaster modified show, we are so grateful for the amazing support and turn out for our first ever event with you all. We look forward to growing the event and making it even better every year. Thank you to the drivers and fans that have reached out inquiring about us hosting the class again in 2020. So with this said here is our dates for 2020 Nationals. We have also spoke with speed shift TV and they are aboard to cover both events again. They were great to work with and we look forward to a continued partnership.
January 30th open practice with racing January 31st February 1 & 2- UMP Open Wheel Mofieds & UMP Super late models.
February 6th open practice with racing  7, 8 & 9 Northeastern Center seat modified.
Full details for both weekends will be posted at a later date. Please continue to check back through out the year. Thank you again to everyone for all your support and we wish everyone a great 2019 racing season!

3 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

I would think Volusia may get more cars now than previous years. Thanks to added money from the STSS?

1 hour ago, DIRTCar97 said:

You are not understanding what my multiple repeated posts have said. Not once have I criticized Deyo or the STSS, in fact I've said that what they are doing is a great thing (for those who can afford to haul a racecar to Florida).

I'm merely pointing out how funny/odd/ironic it is, that this specific series is now hosting events in Florida and paying great money. If you think about it, the SDS should really be the one paying this purse as it is presented as and assumed to be the more offical travelling series.

Ya Think?

The DIRTcar Nationals/WRG could/should of been paying better money for the modifieds for the last 20 yrs or so. Ever read quotes regarding this from some or the drivers?

Deyo gets involved regarding modified racing in  FL and pays better his first year promoting

• Like 1

I have said this before on here, but this board is bizarre when it comes to purses.  Northeast Modifieds have run for $2,000 forever in Florida, yet posters on here try to take shots at a guy paying a minimum $5,000 every night for our cars.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, BillSmith said:

Not so funny thing.  I traveled to FL in 2017 and did not know either of these tracks existed at the time. Not until recently did I know about All Tech. North Florida, or Henry Co.

If dirtcar changes the mod purse at Volusia, the sds drivers can thank deyo for that now as well. Just like the sds this year.

Until the stss becomes a 30 or so race schedule, with horrible logistics, and a racing format that all but guarantees a “working man” cannot win an event, it will remain the working mans series. 

8 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

If dirtcar changes the mod purse at Volusia, the sds drivers can thank deyo for that now as well. Just like the sds this year.

Until the stss becomes a 30 or so race schedule, with horrible logistics, and a racing format that all but guarantees a “working man” cannot win an event, it will remain the working mans series. 

As someone who belongs to a 'working man' team, we prefer the DIRTcar qualifying format over a draw format. 

We draw terribly and would rather determine our destiny rather than leave it up to chance. 

• Like 4

Here's your bi-weekly reminder that you're allowed to be a fan of the STSS and the SDS! Hell, you can even be a fan of weekly racing, too! 

We've had so much good news this off-season, yet when every single announcement comes the thread on here gets hijacked. Everyone just uses it to knock this track or that; this series or that series. I can't be the only one that just gets excited when stuff like this comes out, right? 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KB19 said:

Here's your bi-weekly reminder that you're allowed to be a fan of the STSS and the SDS! Hell, you can even be a fan of weekly racing, too! 

We've had so much good news this off-season yet every single an announcement comes, the thread on here gets hijacked. Everyone just uses it to knock this track or that; this series or that series. I can't be the only one that just gets excited when stuff like this comes out, right? 

Agreed!

3 hours ago, leroy said:

Not so funny thing.  I traveled to FL in 2017 and did not know either of these tracks existed at the time. Not until recently did I know about All Tech. North Florida, or Henry Co.

You mean Hendry County, not Henry.

I think these are two different tracks.   Deyo is at all tech speedway,  the one for sale is north Florida speedway.   They are very close together but different tracks

3 hours ago, KB19 said:

We've had so much good news this off-season, yet when every single announcement comes the thread on here gets hijacked. Everyone just uses it to knock this track or that; this series or that series. I can't be the only one that just gets excited when stuff like this comes out, right? 

Racing season can not get here soon enough. That is for sure!

14 hours ago, leroy said:

The STSS , whether it is "working mans series" or not? The PAY is GOOD.

So, regardless of how it started......How do you stop  "professionals"  from entering ? The pay is in many cases better than the pro series    . so...…….  ?🙄

I  do however think in some cases the STSS can still be considered more of a related working man's series, as opposed to many other series/sanctions. Modifieds ,Sprints ,Lates , and other

Regarding  the STSS vs SDS

1,  Both the North and South  STSSs each have 8 and/or  9 races respectively?  So, If a team chose to just run one region or the other?.... Less travel, less time off.  A team can also follow either series. or both the entire North and South STSS, without going to OH ,Quebec, or North Carolina.

Florida races are a wash for each series. Since all are no points

2, STSS no time trials. Opinions can differ on this... but it seems weekenders/smaller teams prefer draw

3, STSS the purse is spread out more evenly than the SDS is. More drivers get a piece.    Not quite, but sorta ESS like?

4, No contract drivers on STSS.   This goes along with number 3^

STSS South Series has "timed hot laps" that determine starting line ups for heats. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jodyr said:

STSS South Series has "timed hot laps" that determine starting line ups for heats. 

AND for the record most all teams like the time trail format, Gives you the perception you control your own destiny.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The mods are the B division at Volusia. It’s seems a tad unrealistic to pay a full mod purse when the lm race for 50k purses on 3 of the 5 nights they share the bill with the mods. Especially at a place like Volusia which has nowhere near the seating capacity of a Charlotte which can support multiple divisions being treated to main event level purses. 

I'd imagine North Florida is for sale, because why not?  Everything is for sale for the right price.  

As confirmed, yes there are 2 tracks.  All-Tech was dormant for a long time until recently, and I think last year may have been their first actual full season.

Hendry was also dormant for most of the last 10 years.  It was open on and off, typically for a few weeks until failing again.  The current promoter is working hard to make it a solid track again though.  

There's also a track called Putnam County that has had a similar life to Hendry for the last 10 years that is currently (and likely permanently) closed.    

22 hours ago, JohnyC said:

Yes and No. 

The Daytona 500 for 2020 is currently slated for 2/16.  

The DIRTcar Nationals always end on the Saturday Night before, which would be 2/15. 

That means that the Big Block Modified portion of the DIRTcar Nationals will be 2/11 - 2/15.  The dates for the STSS won't overlap the modified portion of the DIRTcar Nationals, but it will overlap with the DIRTcar Nationals event as a whole (2/4 - 2/15).  

If everything holds true, the STSS races at All-Tech would be scheduled against one All-Star Circuit of Champions event and two World of Outlaws events at Volusia. 

The dates that DIRTcar announced over the PA for next years DIRTcar Nationals were actually for 2/11 to 2/22, but I suspect with the 500 being on the 16th that those dates will get shifted.  I think they may have been thinking the 500 would be pushed back a week.