Sign in to follow this  
HighPlainsDrifter

Deyo's STSS Florida bound in 2020

On 3/5/2019 at 7:30 AM, DIRTCar97 said:

Wait a minute... isn't the STSS supposed to be the 'working man series'?

The current sportsman division also used to be called “budget” sportsman 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PatsJags14 said:

The current sportsman division also used to be called “budget” sportsman 

Still is compared to racing a small block or big block

20 hours ago, con7 said:

The mods are the B division at Volusia. It’s seems a tad unrealistic to pay a full mod purse when the lm race for 50k purses on 3 of the 5 nights they share the bill with the mods. Especially at a place like Volusia which has nowhere near the seating capacity of a Charlotte which can support multiple divisions being treated to main event level purses. 

Charlotte has the Sprint Cars as well paying well over $50,000 a night, so even if the crowd is bigger they have to pay another purse, and they pay the Modifieds a hell of a lot more than $2000 in Charlotte, even if it's still not a "great" purse.

Volusia costs 39 bucks for GA and 48 for reserved and it's packed.  The pits are also packed with people....if you don't think Dirtcar is making big money in FL then I don't know what to tell you. 

Late Models are the A division during the Nationals, but a large percentage of that crowd is from the Northeast and Canada, so I am sure they would take an attendance hit without the mods there, especially at the prices they are charging.  The one division Late Model shows that I've been to at East Bay are not nearly as full (of course Volusia has the advantage of being within spitting distance of Daytona as well)

Sad thing is some areas have no tracks and Lake City has 2 running the same basis class on the same night:( I know this year they were going to sorta work together and running alternating weekends. Phil at North Florida has been there a long time. 

Who knows, what to say All Star sprints don’t switch to North Florida ? It’s a sad situation for the really race junky that want to taking in as much quality racing that there’s conflicts:( but I understand it’s business:( 

1 hour ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Sad thing is some areas have no tracks and Lake City has 2 running the same basis class on the same night:( I know this year they were going to sorta work together and running alternating weekends. Phil at North Florida has been there a long time. 

Who knows, what to say All Star sprints don’t switch to North Florida ? It’s a sad situation for the really race junky that want to taking in as much quality racing that there’s conflicts:( but I understand it’s business:( 

Unfortunately there is really no way around the conflicts.  Even race junkies have limited vacation time and the cost of being in Florida for 3-4 weeks wouldn't be cheap.

Lately teams have been coming to Florida / Georgia a few days early to do some testing anyways.  I wonder if teams will drop their test sessions and use the STSS at All-Tech as a test session with the bonus of winning money in the end. 

Renting speedways for a day can't be cheap, even if its spread out across a few teams.