So with your theory then jake and rocky should close up shop? And I don't think sportsman is a beginner class anymore. In reality no class is, you race what you can afford and are comfortable with. I know guys that raced 4cyl and moved to a street stock and figured out in a hurry that wasn't working well with their wallet and moved back down. Also know a guy that run a street stock for a few years, had a bunch of wins , sold it, bought a hobby stock and when he won first words out of his mouth were I can afford this class. 

• Like 1

Rjo

yes they bring money but I’m pretty sure nowheres near what Kyle gets from sponsors when he drives! Kyle is smart in that he is building equity in his company when he drives . Have been to a truck race recently but I’d bet Kyle is selling shirts and apparel at the races that’s another added bonus.

I guess to add more. Was Rocky winning a bunch of races in the BB? NO, so I don't see a problem here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinesol said:

I guess to add more. Was Rocky winning a bunch of races in the BB? NO, so I don't see a problem here. 

Needs new big SB to run with SF at Fonda ...You are running for second which pays I think $1300 on ARs which some people don't do well on So he can run D-Bowl on Sunday for $1000 plus and win in 602 which cost 1/4th to 1/6th to buy Jake has probably won more 602s than anyone so don't lecture man on cost vs rewards .....People on this  site have no clue what cost are from A to Z to field a Mod ABSOLUTELY ZERO and because of that don't lecture people who do know what class and where they should run ....DJ ran 602 in Florida and D-Bowl and DID NOT WIN so there you go It's no cake walk to run 602....Tremont won biggest 1 day event on SDS last year in BB and does not dominate at D-Bowl in 602 .....If powers to be want more cars at Fonda and other tracks where BB and SB race together give W-16 150 to 200 weight break .....cheapest way to run faster cheaper is LESS weight ...that won't happen soon because some certain people don't sell them ....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Would there be such a outrage if mcreadie up and decided he was done with late models and occasional mod ride and hopped into oh for the hell of it lets say jakes sportsman full time? 

Yes even more so because Tim is triple the driver Rocky is. But if Tim drove for Jake they'd be in a big block. (If they could afford it lol)

• Haha 1

I’ve said it before and I will say it again; the big time teams in northeast dirt modified racing are both the best and worst things for the sport. They have done so many good things including running tracks, bringing new fans to the sport, etc but unintentionally they have also escalated costs, driving budgets through the roof. Talked about tires in a separate post and feedback suggested that some teams are spending up to 2 hours a tire. Time is money and it is impossible for the smaller guy to keep up. Long story short I think the future of BB racing is strictly a touring series. Ultimately that might be best anyway. Give the BB touring series +/- 35 events and move completely away from home track requirements. 

Just my two cents 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

I’ve said it before and I will say it again; the big time teams in northeast dirt modified racing are both the best and worst things for the sport. They have done so many good things including running tracks, bringing new fans to the sport, etc but unintentionally they have also escalated costs, driving budgets through the roof. Talked about tires in a separate post and feedback suggested that some teams are spending up to 2 hours a tire. Time is money and it is impossible for the smaller guy to keep up. Long story short I think the future of BB racing is strictly a touring series. Ultimately that might be best anyway. Give the BB touring series +/- 35 events and move completely away from home track requirements. 

Just my two cents 

Thank you for not being completely blind to the state of modified racing.

Oh my god I cant stop laughing... People telling Jake Spraker what he can afford and what class his cars should be running in! Lmao! Totally insane. Its not what he can do or should do with his cars, its what HE WANTS TO DO with his cars.  Big difference!

• Like 4

On 3/19/2019 at 5:12 PM, John Williams said:

It's better to be the big fish in a small pond.

It’s no fun not to win

better drop down a class and collect 13-20 wins

I don’t see an issue with Rocky going sportsman. He only ran one season in BB and he wasn’t dominant.  Happens more than people realize because those drivers aren’t as high profile as Rocky. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m sure that this wasn’t Rocky’s preference, as he’s a competitor and was starting to get his footing in a big block. Anyone who saw him at the Fonda SDS race can see that. However, if I were him I would take the high quality 602 ride over an under funded, less competitive big block option or a limited schedule in a big SB. If a competitive modified ride was offered to him, I would think it would be an opportunity he would jump at. Maybe not. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

It's easy to criticize when your spending someone else's money...... 

• Like 4

Teams with unlimited funding coupled with Sanctioning bodies that have eliminated any innovation have TOTALLY ruined racing in my opinion......It's to the point where you have to have DIRT's approval to use the porta pottys.....LOL

• Like 2

He's back............

In a modified..........

And a sportsman........

Best of Luck Jake, Rocky and the 1J team!!!!!

• Like 2

Just heard the report on Doug’s Dirt Diary... Rocky was able to convince Jake to give him another shot in a modified. This is a good story, and I’ll be pulling for Rocky this year. 

• Like 1

Iin my opinion, it’s Jake’s money, he can do what he pleases with it. 

• Like 1

Shit we still have 2 weeks before the season starts.  By then jake could decide to retire again sell out and then rebuy all new again before the season starts

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Hey hey hey you cant tell jake what to do with his money its his

Maybe Jake should just hire Stew, They would win every mod race they attended.....................

If you cant beat em drop a class and win more 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shyglizzy said:

Maybe Jake should just hire Stew, They would win every mod race they attended.....................

Stew has driven for Jake....

4 hours ago, 22racingteam said:

Shit we still have 2 weeks before the season starts.  By then jake could decide to retire again sell out and then rebuy all new again before the season starts

GOOD IDEA !! YOU WOULD BE HAPPY THEN RIGHT 22

10 hours ago, Jake Spraker said:

Why would I be happy?   It was just a joke man.   More cars the better..   I’m happy to see rocky staying in mods as he has nothing to prove in the sportsman but as a owner I would understand running 602 instead. If I had to guess u made a lot more money running crates the last few years over mods.  

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2019 at 11:41 AM, Jake Spraker said:

Keep that 602 Devils Bowl just raised purse to $1200. to win I can see it going higher in near future ......I would guess that's damm near what 2nd place at most BB tracks pay weekly...... Killer Crate  602.. complete $7967 without exhaust system....

I AM KEEPING A " KILLER CRATE KILLER" FOR THE BOWL  I SELL THEM FOR $7,900.  WITHOUT EXHAUST SYSTEM !!  MY 3YRS. IN CRATES WE HAD 76 WINS !!

2 hours ago, old racer said:

Keep that 602 Devils Bowl just raised purse to $1200. to win I can see it going higher in near future ......I would guess that's damm near what 2nd place at most BB tracks pay weekly...... Killer Crate  602.. complete $7967 without exhaust system....

On 4/4/2019 at 7:15 AM, Shyglizzy said:

Yeeeeeeaaaah ,  I'm gonna go ahead and say he already has , and It really didn't pan out like your fantasy eludes to.