Sign in to follow this  
DaRooster

Hearn to run OCFS weekly.

Looks like money’s talk.   Glad to see him going back home.   And he could be missing sds events on conflicting dates.   Hmmmm.   Looks like another big name for the Fonda 200

• Like 3

Known since last summer but some didn’t want to believe it. Money talks and Hearn walked right to the money! 

• Like 1

Brett can pick up some serious point money running both BB and SB there (I think 55K between the 2). Heck, OC is even giving away their weekly program for free to the fans.  

• Like 1

So how many people that said Hearn was no way gonna leave Valley are ready to eat crow? I still laugh about the guy that said he had a friend that was close to Hearn & no way he was leaving the Valley. This is a perfect example of you just gotta wait to see how things play out. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaRooster said:

"It's the smart move."  Michael Corleone to Tom Hagen - "The Godfather"

Eeek. But what happened to Tessio? Lol.  Almost as bad as our local hockey team in Syracuse using a quote from 300 for motivation.  And what happened there.  

• Haha 2

I don’t think this was a very difficult decision. As good as Brett is a LVS, he’s that much better at OCFS. To go somewhere that you’ve had so much success AND get to run for that much money is a no brainer, especially when you’re racing for a living. Best of luck to the rest of the field. I know that it's a tough field down there, and I’m a Perrego fan, but let’s be honest, everyone will be racing for 2nd place.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I can't see any downside to this move for him.  Not that he needs any of our approval, but this seems like the exact right decision.  And I feel like DIRT might take notice of the talk about the conflicts, because while his words are very supportive and positive about DIRT they're also non-committal to making the SDS series happen.  

• Like 1

When winning the OCFS big block championship is the same as winning the SDS title it's a no brainer to run the entire OCFS schedule. Plus he's running a small block which will pay 15k if he wins that title.

How many people go to SDS shows just to see Hearn? It’s an added bonus to see the ole master, but I haven’t seen him run too competitive at the last handful of SDS races I’ve been to. I don’t see Hearn missing a few points races as a game changer for fans of the SDS.

• Like 1

Brett had finished 6th in SDS points three years in a row now, 5th in points the year before .  

21 hours ago, luke81 said:

I can't see any downside to this move for him.  Not that he needs any of our approval, but this seems like the exact right decision.  And I feel like DIRT might take notice of the talk about the conflicts, because while his words are very supportive and positive about DIRT they're also non-committal to making the SDS series happen.  

Agree

1 hour ago, leroy said:

Brett had finished 6th in SDS points three years in a row now, 5th in points the year before .  

Agree

I think only 6-8 guys made every show the last couple years so this might speak more to showing up and qualifying than actual results. Could see him falling outside the top 10 this year if more guys commit to the full schedule. 

Hearn is a hall of Famer who’s enjoyed a career that should be the envy of almost anyone racing in the northeast but he’s also over 60 and while that isn’t old in real life, it is in the racing world. He’s going to slow down. In fact, I think he has already slowed down. Where Hearn is in a great position is that he’s planned ahead and is probably set when he chooses to let go of the driving thing and will probably transition into retirement in more of a consulting capacity. This man, love him or hate him, fully deserves the nickname corporate jet 

• Like 1

OCFS is much closer to home and pays better than the Valley, and his driving career is winding down. I don’t see why anybody is all that surprised here. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Well if howie paid more he would stay 😁

How do you know?

1 hour ago, Josh Bayko said:

OCFS is much closer to home and pays better than the Valley, and his driving career is winding down. I don’t see why anybody is all that surprised here. 

It’s not really closer because he is still racing at Albany Saratoga on Friday night. And from what I understand that they have a campground which I believe is the campground the sponsors him that they stay at for the summer.