Sign in to follow this  
WheelsUpHammerDown10

Bridgeport Doug Hoffman 60 over special

Anyone heading to Bridgeport on Saturday? I'll be visiting my sister and be in the area and we're planning on heading over. I enjoyed my first trip there a few years ago for the King of the Big Blocks show.

Looks like they had 41 cars in attendance last season. Should be a similar number this year? Is Friesen expected to be there?

On 3/24/2019 at 6:48 PM, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Anyone heading to Bridgeport on Saturday? I'll be visiting my sister and be in the area and we're planning on heading over. I enjoyed my first trip there a few years ago for the King of the Big Blocks show.

Looks like they had 41 cars in attendance last season. Should be a similar number this year? Is Friesen expected to be there?

Im honestly not sure what the field will look like this weekend. With no Deyo or SDS races at the track this year I'm not sure how many NY cars will make the trip down. It is however, basically the only mod race this weekend so we will see. 

31 cars here at Bridgeport. No Friesen.

The open small blocks seems to be the engine of choice. Heat 2 it was the top 3 cars. Howard passed a bunch in Heat 1. Maresca has looked strong in heat 3 with a big block. Billy Pauch won heat 2. Was a three-way battle for the lead including a 3-wide all the way through turn 3 and almost to 4.

Nobody in the same stratosphe as Billy Pauch tonight. Nearly a half a track lead on lap 35 but caution comes out. 9 laps left.

pauch, sammons, Howard, horton, vondohren, Maresca 

Billy Pauch takes it with ease over Davey Sammons. Would have liked to have seen no lapped cars in the middle once Laubach brought out that caution.

Horton VonDohren and Howard top 5 I believe.

16 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Why wasn't Sheppard there?

He didn't want to make all the other drivers too scared to race 🤣

http://www.bpspeedway.com/bridgeport-speedway-adjusts-modified-rules/?fbclid=IwAR01wWpvkAj4MUF76pQy7SFe1t0nkHUwudN9llLCZlpJuXpJsvMn_a9qBk4

Bridgeport making some quick adjustments to their rules after the Doug Hoffman special. Granted half the show was run in the day time instead of a normal Saturday night show, but the open small blocks with the sail panels surely put a hurting on most of the big blocks. 

Small blocks will not be allowed to have sail panels anymore. Also, they've adjusted the rule book with the lapped cars after that caused quite a bit of confusion. It's now 10 laps to go instead of five laps to go the lapped cars are moved out of the way and sent to the back.