Jump to content




Sign in to follow this  
115fanpr

New drivers at the Valley

Recommended Posts

Gaining 2 top drivers while losing one for a few races is overall a win for the valley. In two weeks we will see cars on the track and can't wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 115fanpr said:

Gaining 2 top drivers while losing one for a few races is overall a win for the valley. In two weeks we will see cars on the track and can't wait.

Yup, getting Batman and Marc Johnson while “losing” the Valley pet...going to be a great season at the valley of speed!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

Yup, getting Batman and Marc Johnson while “losing” the Valley pet...going to be a great season at the valley of speed!

Attendance will be down and the 115 will run away with the championship. Doesn't sound like a great season to me

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HearnNation20 said:

Attendance will be down and the 115 will run away with the championship. Doesn't sound like a great season to me

Attendance will barely go down if at all and the 115 hasn’t been very good in the BB so I wouldn’t have him cashing the championship check already. I’d put money on Keith Flach taking center stage at the banquet next Spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HearnNation20 said:

Attendance will be down and the 115 will run away with the championship. Doesn't sound like a great season to me

Who cares of attendance goes down. The 50/50 will still be the same price cause all the reagulars will still be there. And then it will always jump for the big events since they will still draw crowds. And as much as I’d like to say Kenny is going to walk away with I don’t think that is going to happen because I feel like this year this is the most even the valley has been in along time. Plus the quality in the cars has gone up. I wouldn’t be surprised going into the last night in points that there could be as high as 6 cars that could win the championship.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been there but I doubt their will be a massive loss of attendance cause Hearn left. Be some I'm sure. Now if the stands start looking like they do at nascar races howie should get worried!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dan dan said:

I've never been there but I doubt their will be a massive loss of attendance cause Hearn left. Be some I'm sure. Now if the stands start looking like they do at nascar races howie should get worried!

Haha!! Most NASCAR races I’ve seen lately would love to have Howies crowd.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, 115fanpr said:

Who cares of attendance goes down. The 50/50 will still be the same price cause all the reagulars will still be there. And then it will always jump for the big events since they will still draw crowds. And as much as I’d like to say Kenny is going to walk away with I don’t think that is going to happen because I feel like this year this is the most even the valley has been in along time. Plus the quality in the cars has gone up. I wouldn’t be surprised going into the last night in points that there could be as high as 6 cars that could win the championship.

For every fan that leaves to follow Hearn there will be 2 that come back after leaving because they were sick of watching Hearn win so much. Now all of the people that start walking out once Brett took the lead will stay and buy another hot dog and beer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HearnNation20 said:

Attendance will be down and the 115 will run away with the championship. Doesn't sound like a great season to me

OCFS lost quite a few when Hearn left.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

OCFS lost quite a few when Hearn left.  

I am sure that Orange County will attract more fans with all of the excitement but if they are charging $20 a seat they aren't going to fill up with former Lebanon Valley fans. Lebanon Valley is easily the best deal around with low admission and concession prices. The support divisions have always offered very exciting racing action and losing Hearn means our big block races should be more competive than they have been in years. Peter Britten and Marc Johnson will both be welcome additions to the field. I can't wait!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OC will do better at the gate with Hearn in attendance I believe.  But it will have nothing to do with Hearn fans leaving Lebanon.

OC is two hours south of Lebanon.

Lebanon Valley regulars , if they are Hearn fans, can get their Hearn fix at AS.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Art Roraback said:

I am sure that Orange County will attract more fans with all of the excitement but if they are charging $20 a seat they aren't going to fill up with former Lebanon Valley fans. Lebanon Valley is easily the best deal around with low admission and concession prices. The support divisions have always offered very exciting racing action and losing Hearn means our big block races should be more competive than they have been in years. Peter Britten and Marc Johnson will both be welcome additions to the field. I can't wait!!!

You upstate guys keep quoting $20 a ticket.  Where'd you get that from, CNN?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DaRooster said:

You upstate guys keep quoting $20 a ticket.  Where'd you get that from, CNN?

I heard on Fox News that admission is free because the Mexicans are paying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

You upstate guys keep quoting $20 a ticket.  Where'd you get that from, CNN?

The schedule on the OCFS website shows $20 admission for their regular weekly program.

I pay $16 at the Valley for rooftop seats, best bang for the buck in racing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, John Williams said:

I heard on Fox News that admission is free because the Mexicans are paying it.

What one of the three Mexican countries did Fox say is paying? Lmao! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

The schedule on the OCFS website shows $20 admission for their regular weekly program.

I pay $16 at the Valley for rooftop seats, best bang for the buck in racing.

So you did what any intelligent person would do... you looked it up. Its called Fact Checking.  I did the same. Its right there for all to see instead of making up a price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

What one of the three Mexican countries did Fox say is paying? Lmao! 

Puerto Rico 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$20 might seem like a lot compared with Fonda, Brewerton, etc, but in the NYC metro region it’s not unusual. I think NES is $20 for a regular show. Wall is probably like $18. Heck, I think East Windsor and Flemington used to be $14 in the early 90s, which is about $25 today.

Plus, OCFS has big blocks and the 358s as an undercard, but paying the 358s headliner money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be more worried about Fonda taking fans than Orange County.  It isn't a fun drive down there weekly.  I think Chris Larsen is doing great things and will get a good turnout, I just don't think they will be coming from the Valley (outside of the die-hard Hearn fans which there are PLENTY of).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

2 mods shows for $20 a week. Sign me up.  

2 mod shows at the Valley for $11 a week...see ya there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DaRooster said:

You upstate guys keep quoting $20 a ticket.  Where'd you get that from, CNN?

Since I don't go to airports I never see CNN....... You can find the $20 figure on Orange County's website of all places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Art Roraback said:

Since I don't go to airports I never see CNN....... You can find the $20 figure on Orange County's website of all places.

You'll have to show me.  Take a look at this, click on BUY TICKETS NOW!  Maybe it shows $20 for you up-staters.                                                          

https://www.orangecountyfairspeedway.net/schedule/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



















×