Sign in to follow this  
Dirttrackin84

LOL over or under 25 modifieds

I personally don't care. I'll be at Fonda, which will have a GREAT car count.

With that said... Only the big guns won't be there. I would expect the usual Canandaigua racers to be in attendance plus maybe a few other guys, so I'd say they get over 25.

• Like 1

Looking at the comments, this conflict was existing well before the announcement of today. Kudos to DIRTcar in changing into a non-points race, this will avoid a lot of headaches to a lot of race teams and might have a positive impact for the future with BD...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mart96 said:

Looking at the comments, this conflict was existing well before the announcement of today. Kudos to DIRTcar in changing into a non-points race, this will avoid a lot of headaches to a lot of race teams and might have a positive impact for the future with BD...

KUDOS?!?!?!

Dirt should've never scheduled 2 SDS events against the Fonda 200 to begin with...... Now give them credit for doing what they should've done all along?!?!?!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Scott Friers said:

KUDOS?!?!?!

Dirt should've never scheduled 2 SDS events against the Fonda 200 to begin with...... Now give them credit for doing what they should've done all along?!?!?!

DIRT doesn't pick the dates, the tracks do. Mart96 gives them kudos because he's aware of this fact through working with DIRTcar through Cornwall for years. The only point race dates that DIRT schedules themselves are Super DIRT Week and the World Finals. That's why Utica Rome was able to change their date when they requested it.

Now, back on topic... I'd think LoL will have a decent field. Not many of their regulars will go to Fonda, plus with the way the payout is set up I could see them getting quite a few of the CNY cars that don't have any American Racers. I'm going to say mid-high 30s.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KB19 said:

DIRT doesn't pick the dates, the tracks do. Mart96 gives them kudos because he's aware of this fact through working with DIRTcar through Cornwall for years. The only point race dates that DIRT schedules themselves are Super DIRT Week and the World Finals. That's why Utica Rome was able to change their date when they requested it.

Now, back on topic... I'd think LoL will have a decent field. Not many of their regulars will go to Fonda, plus with the way the payout is set up I could see them getting quite a few of the CNY cars that don't have any American Racers. I'm going to say mid-high 30s.

I call bullshit...... 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

I call bullshit...... 

It is a  little strange that dirtcar did not the pick  the date , but they are the one who decided whether or not the race offers points?

One would think at the very least, just because a track  promoter picks a date,  DIRTcar must have  to agree to it

Yea....I’m sure everyone was jumping to schedule a sds race with a large payout against Fonda....No promoter wants to lose their ass against a show like that...

• Like 1

Weedsports was willing to lose there ass against the ocfs 200 a few years ago.   Dirt definitely picked those dates 

1 hour ago, 22racingteam said:

Weedsports was willing to lose there ass against the ocfs 200 a few years ago.   Dirt definitely picked those dates 

Mother Nature handed them their karma

Baumes... anything you can add here?

9 hours ago, 22racingteam said:

It’s more like dirtcar was more than willing to lose Weedsport’s money, so they picked those dates....

On 4/6/2019 at 4:07 AM, BobMiller said:

Baumes... anything you can add here?

Jamie already stated factual information. Some refuse to believe anything that isn’t negative regarding WRG.

• Like 1

I agree. It's hard to explain the truth to people who don't want to hear it and refuse to listen.

• Like 1

So your telling me tracks pick the sds dates not dirt?   So weedsport is the one that picked to race against the ocfs 200 a few years ago?  That’s hard to believe but if u guys say so then it must be true.  Also hard to believe 2 tracks wanted to run against Fonda’s 53k to win race.   If that is all true then there is some really dumb promoters out there

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 22racingteam said:

So your telling me tracks pick the sds dates not dirt?   So weedsport is the one that picked to race against the ocfs 200 a few years ago?  That’s hard to believe but if u guys say so then it must be true.  Also hard to believe 2 tracks wanted to run against Fonda’s 53k to win race.   If that is all true then there is some really dumb promoters out there

For what it's worth, don't forget that when the Super DIRT Series schedule came out and tracks scheduled these races, the Fonda 200 was paying less than half of that $53,000 to win. It was always going to be a big race, I get that, but $53,000 is a whole different ballgame than $20,000. Hell, I'm a perfect example of that. When it was first announced I was thinking about probably going, when it changed to $53,000 to win I booked a hotel the next day.

But, yes, that's what we're telling you. I'm not one to post hearsay or rumors. Bob Miller and Martin Belanger are pretty credible sources, notice they're not arguing. John Baumes still works for DIRT, so I understand the "conspiracy theorists" trying to discount what he says, but he seems like a pretty credible source, too.

• Like 2

But even at 20k to win why would u as a promoter what to try and run against that.   It was going to hurt your attendance no matter what.  Paying the SDS fee and then paying  a SDS purse with a Chance u could miss out on half your crowd just doesn’t make sense to me.  There was definitely a reason why they picked those dates.  And the same deal at weedsports a few years ago

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

But even at 20k to win why would u as a promoter what to try and run against that.   It was going to hurt your attendance no matter what.  Paying the SDS fee and then paying  a SDS purse with a Chance u could miss out on half your crowd just doesn’t make sense to me.  There was definitely a reason why they picked those dates.  And the same deal at weedsports a few years ago

You talk like if Fonda is racing that should be the only option available. Did it ever dawn on you that there are drivers and fans that just straight up don’t like Fonda? I know it’s hard for you to swallow but it’s true. Now come on, bring the usual BS answer that has nothing to do with the topic.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

You talk like if Fonda is racing that should be the only option available. Did it ever dawn on you that there are drivers and fans that just straight up don’t like Fonda? I know it’s hard for you to swallow but it’s true. Now come on, bring the usual BS answer that has nothing to do with the topic.

I was just thinking along those lines myself... Had the purse stayed at $20K with all the big boys up the Thruway racing, I was thinking of going to the SDS race or staying home even though Fonda is the track 20 minutes from my parents house and one I have a long association with personally.

I don't understand what people think sometimes. Fans are going to the track that delivers the names, not necessarily always the best racing and certainly not a race with drivers who they don't know. Fonda is a low rent area of NY with a fan base loyal to their local guys and the greater CNY top drivers, not Southern Tier, Northern PA or NJ guys. Promotors know this too and they're betting the way I would've. Without the names Fonda wouldn't have drawn that good a crowd and you stand a good chance of getting a lot of fence sitters to go to your track if they know the names will be there... Or assume the names will be there. Booking a SDS race gives the impression that you're going to have top guys. If those top guys don't show and you're already through the turnstile, oh well.

3 hours ago, valleyfan said:

22racingteam...what’s funny?

No matter what the circumstances are regarding who decides the schedule for any races, it would have been a courtesy to fans, drivers and teams to not schedule against one of the biggest races in all of dirt modified racing. The Fonda 200 was purposely placed on a weekend with limited conflict, which is a win for everyone. Once another big race is scheduled against it everyone loses something, whether it’s cars or fans. Neither show will do as well as it could have done. If the Fonda 200 was scheduled against SDW there would be a whole different attitude by everyone, and it wouldn’t be any dirtier play than what was done this year.  

5 hours ago, KB19 said:

For what it's worth, don't forget that when the Super DIRT Series schedule came out and tracks scheduled these races, the Fonda 200 was paying less than half of that $53,000 to win. It was always going to be a big race, I get that, but $53,000 is a whole different ballgame than $20,000. Hell, I'm a perfect example of that. When it was first announced I was thinking about probably going, when it changed to $53,000 to win I booked a hotel the next day.

But, yes, that's what we're telling you. I'm not one to post hearsay or rumors. Bob Miller and Martin Belanger are pretty credible sources, notice they're not arguing. John Baumes still works for DIRT, so I understand the "conspiracy theorists" trying to discount what he says, but he seems like a pretty credible source, too.

Sorry but all the nonsense with dirt and Fonda is what lead to some questioning who decided on the dates. 

But it seems everyone buries there heads in the sand when the other issues are brought up.

• Like 2