Sign in to follow this  
Dirttrackin84

LOL over or under 25 modifieds

31 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

22racingteam...what’s funny?

Just you.   You don’t know shit about me.   I’m not one of those Fonda homers on here.   Not to often do I stick up for the place yet you think I do.  I’m surprised u didn’t bring up glen ridge some how.   So being that u know fill us in on what drivers just hate Fonda.  

Whether some drivers or fans hate a track it’s still not a good business decision to try and run against a high paying show.   Dirt tryed it at weedsports against ocfs 200 and what happen?   They had to cancel that Sunday because they had no fans showing up.  And guess what some drivers and fans don’t like that place either.  

• Like 1

regardless of who picks  the  event dates,    Dirtcar or the tracks

Just because a track picks a date to host a SDS race.   DIRTcar still has to agree to sanction it.  No? ?

its not like any track that wants a SDS date gets one

Also …….. Martin is the one who posted it was Dirtcar that changed the September Canandaigua event to  a non points event

26 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Just you.   You don’t know shit about me.   I’m not one of those Fonda homers on here.   Not to often do I stick up for the place yet you think I do.  I’m surprised u didn’t bring up glen ridge some how.   So being that u know fill us in on what drivers just hate Fonda.  

I never claimed to know who hates Fonda just that not everyone likes it...

1 hour ago, 22racingteam said:

Leave the homering to me....👍

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, valleyfan said:

I never claimed to know who hates Fonda just that not everyone likes it...

Well no shit.   Not every driver and fan likes all tracks..   shit Fonda is my home track but I don’t even have it listed in my top 5 tracks I like in the northeast. Crap look at the valley a lot of people don’t like that place me personally I enjoy my 2-3 trips a year there.   

Fanning the flames :D

I'll bet if you asked Billy Decker if he likes Fonda, he'd probably say it wasn't his favorite track.

Five Mile Point scheduled against Super DIRT Week.

Your absolutely right Bob. It seems whatever DirtCar does most people will bitch and complain about. But to those people Deyo can do no wrong. Both series have there good and bad points. Both series can thrive so let's support them while we can. You never know what tracks will and can survive today. JMO!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Fanning the flames :D

I'll bet if you asked Billy Decker if he likes Fonda, he'd probably say it wasn't his favorite track.

Five Mile Point scheduled against Super DIRT Week.

His favorite probably not but I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t say he hates the place either.  I could be wrong.   It was his home track for years

41 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

His favorite probably not but I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t say he hates the place either.  I could be wrong.   It was his home track for years

Where did I say “hate”?

3 hours ago, 22racingteam said:

If Fonda was Billy's home track, I'm not remembering that. I am just saying that in recent years, Billy has taken some fugly tumbles there. I would also bet that Billy had a strong love for Syracuse.

I am editing my own post because I forgot to add something. Lighten up on the swearing a bit. An occasional cuss word is ok. But in two consecutive replies in this thread, you said shit 3 times. I saw a 4th time in another thread last night while catching up on some of what I missed.

4 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

If Fonda was Billy's home track, I'm not remembering that. I am just saying that in recent years, Billy has taken some fugly tumbles there. I would also bet that Billy had a strong love for Syracuse.

Billy was a regular in the late 80’s early 90’s before he left and went to the valley 

To make things abundantly clear and eliminate all the rumor mongering:

I requested and received a SDS race sanctioned for September 28th at Land of Legends.  There was no DIRTcar event scheduled for that weekend and is a great opportunity for the track and our fans.  Since there is no other Hoosier/VP Modified racing going on in a 250 mile radius and operating a DIRT race track means having such races, this became an easy decision.  We have organized a fantastic event that will be lucrative for dozens of race teams and offering fans a great show for their money.  High drama heat races,  sensational last chance qualifiers and a high speed 50 lap finale where every driver in the top 20 goes home with $1000 or more.

I also made the decision to change it to a non-points race as a courtesy to the few SDS Platinum drivers who have other cars in their stable.  Whether they race sprint cars, NASCAR Trucks, or Late Models, they can choose where their best opportunity to make a living exists for them lies each week.  I respect those businessmen making an investment into racing, no less than they should respect me for giving them opportunities to profit from that investment.

There are over 180 DIRT legal Big Block and 358 Modifieds eligible for this race, and probably another 200+ Sportsman modifieds that might be found in Canandaigua on September 28th.  We will have a great show and hope that if you can't make it to Land of Legends that night,  you get out to some dirt track near you and support the sport as a whole.  

The season will open next week on April 20th with the Cabin Fever 40 Sportsman, Big Blocks, 305 Sprints and Street Stocks.  Have a great season.

Paul Cole
Promoter and President
Land of Legends Raceway

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

On 4/5/2019 at 6:54 PM, Scott Friers said:

I call bullshit...... 

What say ye now?

• Like 4

Ya let's enjoy what we have now because before you know it there wont be any more big blocks around. Guaranteed;)

18 minutes ago, macho said:

Ya let's enjoy what we have now because before you know it there wont be any more big blocks around. Guaranteed;)

Chicken Little wants everyone to believe the sky is falling.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BobMiller said:

If Fonda was Billy's home track, I'm not remembering that.

Decker was a weekly regular in the 320s at Fonda. His first career win was in 1985 at Fonda. In, 1988, he switched to Lebanon Valley.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FightForTheRail said:

Decker was a weekly regular in the 320s at Fonda. His first career win was in 1985 at Fonda. In, 1988, he switched to Lebanon Valley.

I could be wrong I think billy left around the same time jack got mad and left for the valley.  Jack came back billy ever did. 

4 hours ago, macho said:

They've been saying that since 1976, macho. They are still here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oilman said:

They've been saying that since 1976, macho. They are still here.

Pretty sure that Lebanon and OC will have full fields of BB this season so they seem to be alive and well at those 2 tracks.

5 hours ago, BobMiller said:

What say ye now?

I say thanks for clarifying.....

Now you can keep your head buried in the sand on the other issues....

What are the other issues? For what it's worth I don't think anyone is "hiding their head in the sand." Brett Deyo and Dean Reynolds have accounts here and use them to promote their product, but can you expect them to respond to every criticism on here?

Look at when I posted factual information about how the schedule works. Even with a current DIRTcar employee verifying what I said, responses were, "I call bullshit" and "yeah right no promoter wants to lose their ass" etc. I'm willing to bet had Dean Reynolds posted himself the responses would've been the same until Mr. Cole's response verifying everything. 

Honestly, what other issues do you think they're hiding from? The higher ups from BOTH tours are very approachable, just go walk up and ask them what you want to know. More times then not you'll find they'll be very up front with you about whatever you want to know.

At the end of the day we're all race fans! Even the higher ups at the STSS or DIRTcar. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Paul Cole said:

To make things abundantly clear and eliminate all the rumor mongering:

I requested and received a SDS race sanctioned for September 28th at Land of Legends.  There was no DIRTcar event scheduled for that weekend and is a great opportunity for the track and our fans.  Since there is no other Hoosier/VP Modified racing going on in a 250 mile radius and operating a DIRT race track means having such races, this became an easy decision.  We have organized a fantastic event that will be lucrative for dozens of race teams and offering fans a great show for their money.  High drama heat races,  sensational last chance qualifiers and a high speed 50 lap finale where every driver in the top 20 goes home with $1000 or more.

I also made the decision to change it to a non-points race as a courtesy to the few SDS Platinum drivers who have other cars in their stable.  Whether they race sprint cars, NASCAR Trucks, or Late Models, they can choose where their best opportunity to make a living exists for them lies each week.  I respect those businessmen making an investment into racing, no less than they should respect me for giving them opportunities to profit from that investment.

There are over 180 DIRT legal Big Block and 358 Modifieds eligible for this race, and probably another 200+ Sportsman modifieds that might be found in Canandaigua on September 28th.  We will have a great show and hope that if you can't make it to Land of Legends that night,  you get out to some dirt track near you and support the sport as a whole.  

The season will open next week on April 20th with the Cabin Fever 40 Sportsman, Big Blocks, 305 Sprints and Street Stocks.  Have a great season.

Paul Cole
Promoter and President
Land of Legends Raceway

Already bought my tickets for the SDS/ESS speedweeks show! Can’t wait!