Jump to content




Recommended Posts

Anyone coming to Grandview tomorrow night for the Bruce Rodgers memorial? The track is advertising Super Matt and Stew, along with Pauch SR, Horton and all the regulars.

it should be a good show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tim Hindley is bringing his bb car to both gview AND OC on sun Can you say no sleep?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure your health insurance is up to date ! Speedway management has done NOTHING in the past two decades to upgrade any creature comforts for the fan once you are inside the gate. Be very careful of which board that you step on while navigating the bleachers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

Make sure your health insurance is up to date ! Speedway management has done NOTHING in the past two decades to upgrade any creature comforts for the fan once you are inside the gate. Be very careful of which board that you step on while navigating the bleachers!

Fake news! They did so! They painted the railroad ties yellow that separate the turn 4 and front stretch bleachers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncle tom said:

Make sure your health insurance is up to date ! Speedway management has done NOTHING in the past two decades to upgrade any creature comforts for the fan once you are inside the gate. Be very careful of which board that you step on while navigating the bleachers!

yep, and yet it is still a fun place to go watch a race.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

45 modifieds at Grandview tonight.

Wondering why only 4 heats? Thought they might have run 5. Too many cars in a heat IMO. Wondering what others think the cut off should be. In my humble opinion 8 to a max of 10 cars in a heat is the limit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheppard over Strunk and Umbenhauer. 50 mods showed up. Anyone who took the green got $1k tonight. Lots of big names with trouble tonight. Hell, last year's track champ didn't even qualify. Missed by one spot. Typical elbows up racing and a fast surface. Makes the four hour drive worth it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SteveC38 said:

Sheppard over Strunk and Umbenhauer. 50 mods showed up. Anyone who took the green got $1k tonight. Lots of big names with trouble tonight. Hell, last year's track champ didn't even qualify. Missed by one spot. Typical elbows up racing and a fast surface. Makes the four hour drive worth it. 

I think Laubach was 3rd, at least he came out to be interviewed afterwards. Racing was good and pretty clean most of the night and far as I know nobody fell through any of the rotten boards that the grandstands are supposed to be full of.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ranger22 said:

I think Laubach was 3rd, at least he came out to be interviewed afterwards. Racing was good and pretty clean most of the night and far as I know nobody fell through any of the rotten boards that the grandstands are supposed to be full of.

Ranger....are you saying Grandview Speedway has finally started investing in the comforts of their fans once you get inside the gates ? Please tell me the improvements made ! I promised myself I would not return until they started investing in my good time. If you tell me the particulars of improvements made, I will surely look forward to returning to a track that I invested 30 plus years of my Saturdays attending and working on cars in the pits !

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shyglizzy said:

No improvements

Hey they installed a new scoreboard in the 2nd turn........and it even shows what time it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

Ranger....are you saying Grandview Speedway has finally started investing in the comforts of their fans once you get inside the gates ? Please tell me the improvements made ! I promised myself I would not return until they started investing in my good time. If you tell me the particulars of improvements made, I will surely look forward to returning to a track that I invested 30 plus years of my Saturdays attending and working on cars in the pits !

Well Tom, I went to my first race at Grandview in 1974 to watch my Uncle, Spent most of the 80's and 90's crewing on different modified teams and was lucky enough to be on feature winning teams and was even lucky enough to be on a championship team one year. I too have spent a lot of years there and know exactly what I was going down to every Saturday night. I had a great time every week no matter what the outcome was, win, lose dnq it didn't matter. Last night I went for the first time in probably 5 years because I wanted to be a part of the night honoring a gentleman that we drank more than one beer with on Saturday nights through the years. If you can't get past what Grandview is I feel sorry for, you missed a pretty good race last night and after that I plan on attending a few more this year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ranger22 said:

Well Tom, I went to my first race at Grandview in 1974 to watch my Uncle, Spent most of the 80's and 90's crewing on different modified teams and was lucky enough to be on feature winning teams and was even lucky enough to be on a championship team one year. I too have spent a lot of years there and know exactly what I was going down to every Saturday night. I had a great time every week no matter what the outcome was, win, lose dnq it didn't matter. Last night I went for the first time in probably 5 years because I wanted to be a part of the night honoring a gentleman that we drank more than one beer with on Saturday nights through the years. If you can't get past what Grandview is I feel sorry for, you missed a pretty good race last night and after that I plan on attending a few more this year.

so Ranger, what you are basically saying, and correct me if I am wrong.....there has been NO improvements to the speedway grounds as it pertains to the paying customer in many decades ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On an aside, Shepard has swept the weekend. Nice bank to start the season for the 9s team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 12:06 AM, JohnyC said:

Wondering why only 4 heats? Thought they might have run 5. Too many cars in a heat IMO. Wondering what others think the cut off should be. In my humble opinion 8 to a max of 10 cars in a heat is the limit 

Grandview has always run big heats. Back in the days of 9:1 Pennsylvania Tri-Track, the cutoff was 50 cars for four heats or five.

As far as no improvements being made, most rational people realize the pace is not going to be around forever -- especially now that Bruce Rogers is dead. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncle tom said:

so Ranger, what you are basically saying, and correct me if I am wrong.....there has been NO improvements to the speedway grounds as it pertains to the paying customer in many decades ?

😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bob Krummel said:

Hey they installed a new scoreboard in the 2nd turn........and it even shows what time it is.

You’re right and it’s a nice addition 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, leakin_fluids said:

Stew updated after the race saying he got up to 2nd and then fell back to 6th, ending the race with 2 PSI left in the RR.

Talked to some people today that said the Doctor's LR flat and Stew's RR almost flat may have been "related'. But that is bullring racing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



















×