48 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

NASCAR also suffers from serious overexposure. There’s way, way too much NASCAR programming on in a week during the season. 

Hopefully in 2021 the season will be wrapping up in October. There’s too much track time in just a weekend. With all the tech and simulators now there’s no need for all those practices and competition cautions at the start of the race if it rains on Saturday. It gives the big teams to much of an advantage to get the car dialed in when they already show up near perfect. Just give these guys a 10 minute warm up session before the race and leave it at that

56 minutes ago, PatsJags14 said:

I’d say the opposite about the points. There was never a reason to watch in the fall

There was "never" a reason to watch in the fall? Get out of here with made up claims that are obviously not true.

Show us the year when a guy sat out 30 percent of the season and was crowned champion.

The system now is a contrived, fake, phony sham that often effs the guy who had the best season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can remember a bunch of years the championship came down to the last week or the last few weeks.   Look at last season harvick Kyle and truex dominated all season yet Joey is the champ.   Come on.  It’s a joke and gimmick.   U could win the first 9 races in the final 10 races and not win a title.    And stage racing another gimmick.   Here throw a yellow so we can let them catch up because your to fast for them.     

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

I can remember a bunch of years the championship came down to the last week or the last few weeks.   Look at last season harvick Kyle and truex dominated all season yet Joey is the champ.   Come on.  It’s a joke and gimmick.   U could win the first 9 races in the final 10 races and not win a title.    And stage racing another gimmick.   Here throw a yellow so we can let them catch up because your to fast for them.     

Nascar copied stick & ball sports for how to determine the championship. Sad thing is most racefans don't like Playoffs type championship in racing. Sad thing is I've said this before & i'll say it again. I don't see nascar getting rid of this championship format. The powers tobe have to big of egos to admit they did wrong on this format for the championship.

• Like 2

Someone correct if I'm wrong here but say driver a wins a race or 2 early in season. He is qualified for championship correct. Not saying it'll happen but he says the hell with it, finds right Doctor and sits out til playoffs. Maybe the whole team does. Then wins championship. That's a lot of money not spent after you win one. And you got a decent chance to win championship. Not saying itd ever play out that way, but man if it did how would nascar spin that one. 

Or cause I don't know, once they qualified do they even have to show up til playoffs. Wouldn't be no different if they didn't qualify every week right?

2 hours ago, dan dan said:

Someone correct if I'm wrong here but say driver a wins a race or 2 early in season. He is qualified for championship correct. Not saying it'll happen but he says the hell with it, finds right Doctor and sits out til playoffs. Maybe the whole team does. Then wins championship. That's a lot of money not spent after you win one. And you got a decent chance to win championship. Not saying itd ever play out that way, but man if it did how would nascar spin that one. 

Or cause I don't know, once they qualified do they even have to show up til playoffs. Wouldn't be no different if they didn't qualify every week right?

It wasn’t in that order but Kyle Busch already won a championship while missing a good portion of the season. 

I couldn’t believe how empty the stands were for the Bristol race. I was embarrassed for them. I agree with too much exposure but the internet doesn’t help their cause either. I agree with a lot of the reasons posted here. If this trend continues there won’t be a NASCAR before too long.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, montess said:

Nascar copied stick & ball sports for how to determine the championship. Sad thing is most racefans don't like Playoffs type championship in racing. Sad thing is I've said this before & i'll say it again. I don't see nascar getting rid of this championship format. The powers tobe have to big of egos to admit they did wrong on this format for the championship.

Problem is in stick and ball sports once u get to the championship there isn’t 28 other teams on the field deciding your outcome or getting in the way.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dan dan said:

You would start off way behind without the bonus points obtained during stages and by getting more wins. This is where consistency is huge. This aspect is different from the year Kyle Busch won.

you also need to stay top 30 in points. As Kyle Busch and tony Stewart were when they missed races due to injury and moved onto the playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, PatsJags14 said:

You would start off way behind without the bonus points obtained during stages and by getting more wins. This is where consistency is huge. This aspect is different from the year Kyle Busch won.

you also need to stay top 30 in points. As Kyle Busch and tony Stewart were when they missed races due to injury and moved onto the playoffs. 

Shit Kyle could miss 15 races and get in the top 30 in points lol.  And as long as u win a race in each stage the bonus points don’t matter 

3 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

There was "never" a reason to watch in the fall? Get out of here with made up claims that are obviously not true.

Show us the year when a guy sat out 30 percent of the season and was crowned champion.

The system now is a contrived, fake, phony sham that often effs the guy who had the best season.

How easy we forget all the years guys rode around testing for their new teams the last few weeks of the season 

it was a good points day, didn’t wanna push it for spots at the end

Nothing to gain by pushing it on lap 75 battling for position 

All (insert name here) has to do is start the races today and he wins the title a week or two before the season ends

I don’t understand why “fans” complain, then nascar acts on those complaints and then they complain nascar fixed the problem 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, PatsJags14 said:

How easy we forget all the years guys rode around testing for their new teams the last few weeks of the season 

it was a good points day, didn’t wanna push it for spots at the end

Nothing to gain by pushing it on lap 75 battling for position 

All (insert name here) has to do is start the races today and he wins the title a week or two before the season ends

I don’t understand why “fans” complain, then nascar acts on those complaints and then they complain nascar fixed the problem 

What complaints? 

And what problem?

I do not remember all these "complaints"you speak of.   But there sure is now

Based on viewership and attendance.   obviously there is big problems now. 

Not so much then

Many people liked the old point system . And whoever had the most points wins the title.    No matter how big the lead.  That lead was still earned.   Points works for just about any other racing series I can think of

No need for  a hocus pocus scheme to close the gap

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

Thank You

• Like 1

Maybe all the Matt Sheppard haters should start bitching to dirt.  Maybe then come dirt week whoever beats who out of 4-5 guys gets crowned the champ and all the money.  Then drivers like stew and Hearn wouldn’t need to make all the shows to Win the title.  Just need to win 1 race a year 🤣

Look at last season.  3 guys dominated all year. Harvick truex Kyle.   Who won the championship Logano.   A guy that didn’t deserve it.  But had the best final race of the season 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Maybe all the Matt Sheppard haters should start bitching to dirt.  Maybe then come dirt week whoever beats who out of 4-5 guys gets crowned the champ and all the money.  Then drivers like stew and Hearn wouldn’t need to make all the shows to Win the title.  Just need to win 1 race a year 🤣

There you go.  Take the top 4 in points at Charlotte. Whichever driver wins Saturday night is the Champion! 

Nice!

10 hours ago, 22racingteam said:

Look at last season.  3 guys dominated all year. Harvick truex Kyle.   Who won the championship Logano.   A guy that didn’t deserve it.  But had the best final race of the season 

It’s funny you say that. Logano was actually statistically the most consistent driver all last year. You’d think that result would make all the fans of the old system happy. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, leroy said:

What complaints? 

And what problem?

I do not remember all these "complaints"you speak of.   But there sure is now

Based on viewership and attendance.   obviously there is big problems now. 

Not so much then

Many people liked the old point system . And whoever had the most points wins the title.    No matter how big the lead.  That lead was still earned.   Points works for just about any other racing series I can think of

No need for  a hocus pocus scheme to close the gap

The old system would need to use the current points scoring and keep the added incentive on winning

I went to the Daytona 500 this year.  It was quite a spectacle.  I had never been to the track before.  Thye did a VERY good job for the fan experience leading up to the race.  Great access to the track.  Had a beer on the track and watched a concert.  I liked the pre-game.  I have no idea how the stages work.  I think it's just another wy to sell hot dogs and have commercials.  As far as the races - damn you are really far away.  Watching the cars go down the backstretch was like watching from a helicopter overlooking I-90.  I'd go back though. 

I also have been to Bristol when it was an impossible ticket to get.  The shittiest broken down hotel with green pond water in the pool was $250 a night.  Way too expensive.  Dirt racing around the area was awesome. 

To simplify what I meant was, I win the Daytona 500 and sit it out til playoffs and win championship. Wouldn't that beat all! As far as having to be in the top 30 to still be in, shouldn't be to hard for a top driver to stay in top 30 to just hit a race here and there considering they only getting 36 cars usually. That's going with me saying I won Daytona 500. 

Going with what I just wrote, could nascar do anything if you just hit the tracks your good at at stayed home for the rest til the playoffs?

5 minutes ago, dan dan said:

To simplify what I meant was, I win the Daytona 500 and sit it out til playoffs and win championship. Wouldn't that beat all! As far as having to be in the top 30 to still be in, shouldn't be to hard for a top driver to stay in top 30 to just hit a race here and there considering they only getting 36 cars usually. That's going with me saying I won Daytona 500. 

Going with what I just wrote, could nascar do anything if you just hit the tracks your good at at stayed home for the rest til the playoffs?

I don't think you would be able to sit out races for no reason. The 2 times it came into play were for injuries, and I believe nobody in Nascar thought Kyle B. would win the Championship. I think one of Nascars biggest problems is no one can relate to the younger drivers coming up. Back in the day fans followed the drivers from the short tracks to the Cup series, now there are divers who fans have never heard of running because of big check books.

Don't know either if you could sit out for no reason, but with that said their is drivers in all 3 series that don't hit all the races. They pick and choose. Granted I'm sure they are low funded ones. 

Oddly, as the vacant seats appear at each NA$CAR event and the rumors of the sport's decline abound, the stock (International Speedway Corporation) continues to do quite well, trading today at $43.44 per share.  Five years ago today, It traded at $32.45. 

Five years ago, Kodak stock closed at $30.64, today the shares trade at $2.90.

Go figure?  I think it should be clear that this financial stuff is all done using mirrors and ball bearings...

J. Langford Ratzso

8 minutes ago, Ratzso said:

Five years ago, Kodak stock closed at $30.64, today the shares trade at $2.90.

20 years ago, Kodak employed roughly 40,000 people in the Rochester area. Today they employ 4.

16 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

20 years ago, Kodak employed roughly 40,000 people in the Rochester area. Today they employ 4.

Excellent point, Bob.  

Five years ago Bristol had 170,000 fans attend the race.  This past weekend there were 462 in attendance.... 

Would have been 463 if Mr. Googles Pissano had attended. 

J. Langford Ratzso

• Haha 1