Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought friessen is a platinum driver, with the exception of when their's a truck race.If that's the case how come he is going to be at Orange County on saturday rather then the SDS at can-am.

42 minutes ago, Stewyfan44 said:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought friessen is a platinum driver, with the exception of when their's a truck race.If that's the case how come he is going to be at Orange County on saturday rather then the SDS at can-am.

I trust that this isn’t accurate. I read on here that it’s the same rules for everyone so if this is in fact the case he would forfeit his status. Mind you I doubt he really cares one way or the other. The trucks are his primary and the dirt stuff is just a chance to augment his income 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stewyfan44 said:

Maybe because his boss runs OCFS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

I trust that this isn’t accurate. I read on here that it’s the same rules for everyone so if this is in fact the case he would forfeit his status. Mind you I doubt he really cares one way or the other. The trucks are his primary and the dirt stuff is just a chance to augment his income 

I thought I read that since the truck series is a national touring series, they would make an exception.Maybe I misunderstood.maybe somebody knows for sure.

33 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

Was there not a couple of guys from Quebec or maybe they had second thoughts?

yes their was, just can't remember who,I'm sure Corriveau would be if he was allowed in the US.I wish Steve Bernard could run the series but with his work commitments he can't do it

Québec guys that signed Platinum agreements are Paul St-Sauveur and Mikael Labrèche. 

Corriveau can’t cross the border, Bernard can’t follow the whole tour because of work commitment. He will run a Teo Pro Car this year by the way.

9 minutes ago, 6969racing said:

Hearn is on the list of platinum drivers.  His press release said that he'll be at OCFS on Saturday.

I think that’s the right choice. Hearn is no longer a threat to win the SDS championship 

I have to laugh every time I read the phrase "platinum drivers".  In my opinion its gotten quite old. Especially when there are more than a couple drivers on the list that don't really fit with what I would refer to as "platinum drivers". Im glad to see drivers race where they want and not be held hostage by a dirt racing organization. 

46 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

I think that’s the right choice. Hearn is no longer a threat to win the SDS championship 

It’s definitely the right choice when ocfs track title pays the same as the SDS title.  A lot less travel 

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I have to laugh every time I read the phrase "platinum drivers".  In my opinion its gotten quite old. Especially when there are more than a couple drivers on the list that don't really fit with what I would refer to as "platinum drivers". Im glad to see drivers race where they want and not be held hostage by a dirt racing organization. 

I have to laugh every time I read the phrase “held hostage by a dirt racing organization” in regards to grownups capable of making their own decisions.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, racemonster said:

Where is Perreggo going Saturday?

Weekly OCFS in the #44. This week I'm sure he'll be at Can-Am with Graham.

10 hours ago, Rannyville_Concrete_Eater said:

I'm thinking this is the list of platinum drivers.  http://www.superdirtcarseries.com/drivers   No Friesen.

Here's one of the problems with World Racing Group websites.....those driver lists are usually outdated.   Not only the list itself, but the driver / team info and website links they provide for the drivers.   Even the WoO Sprint and WoO Late Models lists are very outdated.   In the internet and social media age, there's no good reason these can't be updated. 

• Like 3

So it sounds like at least three of the platinum drivers will miss the first series race. Alrighty then 

From what I heard leading up to Hearns announcement on where to run full time this year is that Orange County was in negotiations to become dirtcar sanction so Brett could get show up points.     I’m speculating that they couldn’t come to an agreement because of OC close ties with Deyo.    Therefore The drivers loyal to orange county and Deyo like stew, Perrego and a Hearn stick with the good money at Orange County first and dirtcar series second.  Shortly after canandaguia drops there dirtcar series on the Fonda weekend and the turf war continues.  

Orange County should step up and offer show up points even though they aren’t Dirt. Look at all the Dirtcar tracks that are offering show up points on there Centennial weekend. It’s a win-win for the drivers.

12 hours ago, JohnyC said:

So it sounds like at least three of the platinum drivers will miss the first series race. Alrighty then 

they had better go. otherwise there will be 'penalties'.😀

goes back to another thread where I said .    'Just sign up".

granted ,  most drivers who sign try to make it to at least a  few races

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ric said:

Here's one of the problems with World Racing Group websites.....those driver lists are usually outdated.   Not only the list itself, but the driver / team info and website links they provide for the drivers.   Even the WoO Sprint and WoO Late Models lists are very outdated.   In the internet and social media age, there's no good reason these can't be updated. 

Both WoO sites are current as far as drivers that started the 2019 season with them. 

• Like 1