41 minutes ago, Batman said:

Who is going on race this Saturday? I know group of Platium members will go. 

I'll be there..can't wait

Ryan Arbuthnot will have the big block there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Batman said:

Rez X team?  Mike Maresca, Johnny, Brinnia, and Carey?

Mike Maresca has been traveling all over the Northeast so far this year to hit the shows at Bridgeport and Georgetown so I’d be shocked if he wasn’t at the SDS opener that is basically in his backyard.

I will be there as well!

I was told, car count should be north of 40 modifieds and at least 30 Sportsman, several drivers from Quebec are making the haul

Kudos to Can-Am for scheduling this race...looks like they're going to hit a home run. Should get a great field and good weather and hopefully the crowd will follow.

A lot of people thought this show was never going to happen great for them and looks like great weather 9s for the win LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even though good weather is in the forecast, bring all your winter clothes. It will still feel very cold when it gets dark. 

I think sportsman numbers are going to be way above 30. I'm thinking somewhere between 40 and 50.

• Like 1

Wow, I was a big naysayer on this because it is so early (we have snow on the ground here in Malone, about two hours northeast of Can-Am). Serious respect if they pull this off, hope the track is not too wet and doesn't rut up. Hope they hit it out of the park.

8 hours ago, BillSmith said:

Wow, I was a big naysayer on this because it is so early (we have snow on the ground here in Malone, about two hours northeast of Can-Am). Serious respect if they pull this off, hope the track is not too wet and doesn't rut up. Hope they hit it out of the park.

Funny you say that... about 2 hours North of Can-Am (in Renfrew) we just got another 2 inches of snow on Tuesday. It's seem so odd working on the car and packing up the trailer with 5 foot high snow banks and fresh snow still around the shop.  

I hope they don't get much rain tomorrow as that will probably determine whether or not they race on Saturday.

Alan Johnson said he might go since he finished his big block. I know Outlaw is running so that's why it's a Maybe.

3 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

Funny you say that... about 2 hours North of Can-Am (in Renfrew) we just got another 2 inches of snow on Tuesday. It's seem so odd working on the car and packing up the trailer with 5 foot high snow banks and fresh snow still around the shop.  

I hope they don't get much rain tomorrow as that will probably determine whether or not they race on Saturday.

We got a dusting of snow then. It was gone by 10:00 am Wednesday. 

Sunshine and 33° in lafargville right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoFast39Fan said:

I’m surprised Alan wouldn’t be at Outlaw without Sheppard and such a high paying race there. 

That was the original plan but the small block isn't ready, yet.

1 hour ago, brian moore said:

We got a dusting of snow then. It was gone by 10:00 am Wednesday. 

Sunshine and 33° in lafargville right now. 

33 degrees. Ooh, racing weather. :)

Spent a few Feb Saturday afternoons in the grandstands at Lincoln when it was spitting snow ... nobody seemed to mind.

Alan will be at Outlaw.

"After talking with Mark, already having our pit passes for Outlaw and having to buy a bunch for Can-Am not to mention a few other good points, it looks like we’ll be staying closer to home for the weekend. Fitting the bb for sail panels, among other things,  on the list of things to do now lol"

6 minutes ago, Stewyfan44 said:

does anyone know if they sell beer at the track..gotta know how many to put in the cooler just in case..lol

They do during the regular season 

1 hour ago, GoFast39Fan said:

They do during the regular season 

After the guy at the front gate stamps your hand turn left and pick your favorite flavor. 

Ok, weather forecast from channel 7 out of Watertown for tomorrow and Saturday. A few scattered showers possible tomorrow morning. Then around 5 in the afternoon there will be a line of showers coming through the area.  Highs around 6o. Saturday partly cloudy highs in the 50s. The next possible rain after tomorrow night won't be until Sunday night.  

WE ARE GOOD TO GO RACING. 

27 minutes ago, brian moore said:

After the guy at the front gate stamps your hand turn left and pick your favorite flavor. 

Can't wait..Hav'nt been to CanAm in a long time.Mohawk runs the same night and it's only 15 mins from my place.