As for Rez X Racing no Carey (family vacation)or Brianna (chose to skip this show) Louie Jackson Jr. will be there and most likely Mike Maresca as well 

1 hour ago, Joshua Jello Loughnot said:

I don't have facebook and the can am site doesn't have any info on tomorrow's times for the event besides heats at 6. Anyone have a link to tomorrow's schedule? 

from their facebook:

56565436_2229989817058720_57880442791002

• Like 1

58° and sunny with winds out of the south west at 14 mph. That is good for blowing the dust away from the grandstands. If you are going into the pits wear boots,  it rained last night. It will probably be in the 40s by the time we finish tonight. Just came by fuller's house. The truck and trailer is in his neighbor's driveway so he's racing somewhere today. Let's hope he is saving his gas money and making the 10 mile drive to can am.

Good crowd, good racing so far. Getting colder. I'm thinking that they will do well enough to do this again next year. 

2 hours ago, brian moore said:

The doctor is here in a Graham backup car. They had already given the primary car to max.

Being posted on FB that the Dr is in a brand new troyer.....

26 laps in 6 laps of racing. No actual real reason for cations other than Larry hitting a infield tire.

1 minute ago, brian moore said:

Sheppard, that sucks. 

DIRT might as well write out the check to Matt for the SDS points winner right now. 

I don't think there is anyone in modified racing today that puts racing as the highest priority as Matt and the results show. 

Larry went off on the wrecker, came back up through the pack. Got involved in another wreck where he had a flat tire and came back up for a top ten.

Another win from the front row or two.....:wallbash:

I bet way more eyes were on Larry coming up through the field than Matt leading the whole time. 

Good on Matt for putting himself in a position to get a good starting spot each race but, can they try something else soon?

Having all the fast cars up front in a race that's plenty long enough for them all to come up through the field just doesn't make the most sense to me.

Make the heats worth more points so no one sandbags, then invert the field...can still do redraw to decide the last 10-12 spots....... just do something please.

Feel free to beat this horse a bit more for my entertainment...😁

• Like 3

The cautions are really something that needs improvement.

12 cautions.  43 caution laps in a 100 lap event.  57 green laps.

They might as well make it a 50-60 lap event and caution laps don't count. 

Watching cars go around the track 43 times at 30 mph is about as exciting as watching the packer truck do it's thing. 

I think the total race time was around 1.5 hours.  At 20 seconds per lap this race should've been wrapped up in half that time and that's leaving time for a caution or two. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Sheppard up to around 35-40K already in winnings on the year?

And its only April

Nobody is as focused as Sheppard is these days. When fans start talking about changing the rules because of the dominance of one driver, the rest of the field has admitted defeat before the race has even started. 

Enjoy it people, you’re watching one of the all time greats. 

1 hour ago, leakin_fluids said:

Another win from the front row or two.....:wallbash:

I bet way more eyes were on Larry coming up through the field than Matt leading the whole time. 

Good on Matt for putting himself in a position to get a good starting spot each race but, can they try something else soon?

Having all the fast cars up front in a race that's plenty long enough for them all to come up through the field just doesn't make the most sense to me.

Make the heats worth more points so no one sandbags, then invert the field...can still do redraw to decide the last 10-12 spots....... just do something please.

Feel free to beat this horse a bit more for my entertainment...😁

Other than penalizing the guys that are fast, I'm not sure there's a way to solve this. 

Maybe handicapping is good for weekly racing but I don't think the top dogs would go along with this for the series.

Happy the show went off. Weather was touch and go this week but turned for the better and we should all be thankful for that. I do agree that Shepard starting on the front row is about as climatic as Tiger holding a 5 shot lead on the back nine circa 2001. It’s over. 

And what of the drivers? We are now missing 4 platinum guys on night number one? It won’t matter anyway this is Matt’s bank and he just pops in to make a withdrawal seemingly whenever he wants. He’s on a different level right now and there is nobody else close. 

Agreed with the others, the show is WAY too long. No way a 100 lap feature should take this long. Anyway, lots to build on and here’s to looking forward to the next event 

I feel like the only one who can run with him consistently is Friesen...but Friesen doesnt make every SDS show...so that really puts a damper on the points chase.

• Like 1

When decker hit the tire in 4 I told my son that Sheppard saw that the tire was moved in about 3 feet. He will take the inside on this restart instead of the outside where he had been restarting. He hit that fresh clay with his foot to the floor and drove away .there was a lot of good racing around the track but once Matt got his rhythm out front he was pulling away. 

The cautions where ridiculous. If you draw a second caution your done. If you can drive the car halfway around the track but can't make it that extra 100 feet to the pits, your done. And they all have radios 2 laps should be all they need to line them back up..