WSYR TV9 in Syracuse is predicting 65° and sunny on Saturday, but that's in Syracuse. I get my local news out of Syracuse because I can't get the air signal out of Rochester - the church across the road from me blocks it. The Penn Yan and Dundee area usually runs 4° higher than Syracuse, so it's likely the temperature will be 70 - 71.

We're going to see dust. I just hope they let the track seal over and not fight it all day with numerous watering breaks that only slow the show down.

Is Costa running the Wright 88?

Tommy was able to make some good changes to the car from then(Last year) and now and has it rolling a little better. it will cool to see how he does in the car. 

2 hours ago, Higfab12s1023 said:

No Tommy Collins is

Hopefully Collns stays in the seat the whole season. Seemed like every other week last year, someone else was running it. And that had me hopeful because I figured sooner or later, they might ask me! :focus:

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, TRAPPER88X said:

Bob,you wouldn't fit....

Remember you said this tomorrow when Carmen fits you into the back of the ambulance. :D

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Hopefully Collns stays in the seat the whole season. Seemed like every other week last year, someone else was running it. And that had me hopeful because I figured sooner or later, they might ask me! :focus:

As a friend and crew member of the 713 i don't think their is a plan for him to be in the car all year. it was just a deal that was hashed out end of last year. They did do some tuning to the car to get it to go better. 

Just wondering... do you know who hotlapped the car this past Sunday?

On 4/11/2019 at 10:30 AM, BobMiller said:

WSYR TV9 in Syracuse is predicting 65° and sunny on Saturday, but that's in Syracuse. I get my local news out of Syracuse because I can't get the air signal out of Rochester - the church across the road from me blocks it. The Penn Yan and Dundee area usually runs 4° higher than Syracuse, so it's likely the temperature will be 70 - 71.

We're going to see dust. I just hope they let the track seal over and not fight it all day with numerous watering breaks that only slow the show down.

Partly cloudy ,high of 67 low of 40's with 0% of precip.

In hind sight, the show went pretty much as I expected. There were points where the dust was ferocious, but it must be that you can see better on the track than in the stands because there weren't any monster wrecks.

Just my opinion, but if Alan Johnson had started in the top 10, or if the single caution on lap 61 of 70 had happened ten laps sooner, the outcome likely would have been different. Steve Paine won, but AJ started dead ass last and had to pass every car but one to finish second.

If you stayed to watch the Street Stock 100, you'll probably agree that the 60 or 70 lap battle for the lead between Dylan Cecce and Glenn Writenour was the best street stock racing you've ever seen... ever.

• Like 1

Agreed the drivers had to be able to see much better than the fans, A great job by all the drivers. Not only the first 61 green in mods. I believe the first 50 were green in the street stocks. 

The street stocks at Dundee never disappoint. That race was awesome.   Though I still could not see turn one at all.  Even after 9 hours or so of racing? Better than what I could see most of the day the though. 

I expect some dust at daytime shows ,but I do not think anyone would argue yesterday was excessive.

The daytime excuse should only go so far, because I have been to several dust free day shows.  Same sun, same wind.  So I not entirely sure what the issue is there.  track prep or surface

The drive by Alan was spectacular , scratch to third on lap 61.  Then by Costa .  It did not look like he had anything for Paine to me at that point.  But...

49 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

In hind sight, the show went pretty much as I expected. There were points where the dust was ferocious, but it must be that you can see better on the track than in the stands because there weren't any monster wrecks.

Just my opinion, but if Alan Johnson had started in the top 10, or if the single caution on lap 61 of 70 had happened ten laps sooner, the outcome likely would have been different. Steve Paine won, but AJ started dead ass last and had to pass every car but one to finish second.

If you stayed to watch the Street Stock 100, you'll probably agree that the 60 or 70 lap battle for the lead between Dylan Cecce and Glenn Writenour was the best street stock racing you've ever seen... ever.

Sounds like a great race with Alan coming from the back to 2nd....beats the hell out of a SDS race that's waaay overpriced & boring as hell

• Like 2

I'm a race fan, but yesterday at Dundee was a challenging day.  I've always enjoyed the racing at this facility having attended races there starting in the late 1950's with my father.  I'm not posting to place blame, just telling what my day was like.

Deciding to get to my money's worth, I parked my butt in the stands starting at 2:00 p.m. and left the racing venue sometime after 11:00 p.m.  My butt can't take 9 hours sitting in the stands any more. 

The dust was there from the start of the heat races but fortunately there was a good breeze that kept clearing the track dust. Then the wind died down. 

The dust.  The dust. I expect to eat some dust on my racetrack hot dog when I go to a dirt track, but at one point the entire track became invisible.  There may have been some great racing going on, but I missed it.  Just a fact.

To me, the highlight and positive part of the event was when the Sportsman drivers had the courage and sense to refuse to race their feature when they realized it was impossible to see going into turn one with the dust and the setting sun causing a total brown out situation.   The cheers from the crowd showed the support for what they were doing. 

I don't what the solution is to reduce the dust... 

That's for someone else to decide... 

I will decide if I will go back for another race...

J. Langford Ratzso

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ratzso said:

I'm a race fan, but yesterday at Dundee was a challenging day.  I've always enjoyed the racing at this facility having attended races there starting in the late 1950's with my father.  I'm not posting to place blame, just telling what my day was like.

Deciding to get to my money's worth, I parked my butt in the stands starting at 2:00 p.m. and left the racing venue sometime after 11:00 p.m.  My butt can't take 9 hours sitting in the stands any more. 

The dust was there from the start of the heat races but fortunately there was a good breeze that kept clearing the track dust. Then the wind died down. 

The dust.  The dust. I expect to eat some dust on my racetrack hot dog when I go to a dirt track, but at one point the entire track became invisible.  There may have been some great racing going on, but I missed it.  Just a fact.

To me, the highlight and positive part of the event was when the Sportsman drivers had the courage and sense to refuse to race their feature when they realized it was impossible to see going into turn one with the dust and the setting sun causing a total brown out situation.   The cheers from the crowd showed the support for what they were doing. 

J. Langford Ratzso

A 7 division show and some running extra lap features and hot laps starting at 1:00 what did you expect the track conditions to be? You must have known all about this before you got there.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, RJO said:

A 7 division show and some running extra lap features and hot laps starting at 1:00 what did you expect the track conditions to be? You must have known all about this before you got there.

I "sort of did".   But again, this was ridiculous.

If I had to do it again ,I would of showed up at 6pm Instead of 1pm.  Regardless, the dust was insanity.

I have been to plenty of  daytime shows that you could actually see what was happening.   Some with ZERO dust.   one most recent as two weeks ago

You just had to be there  to comprehend. 

crazy dust

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ratzso said:

J. Langford Ratzso

The reward for the sportsman ,(who were already on the track).  They got to run last.  

And then ,the cars "that cause less dust" were brought on the track.

Like the  blinding sun was any less visible to the sprints???

5 hours ago, RJO said:

I guess you were there to know exactly what the conditions were like that he experienced.......

Please share your experience from the event?

13 hours ago, Ratzso said:

J. Langford Ratzso

Alan Johnson must have had x-ray vision to be able to come from dead last to 2nd on a track that was "entirely invisible"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

I guess you were there to know exactly what the conditions were like that he experienced.......

Please share your experience from the event?

That's correct I wasn't there just know that most dirt tracks (there are a few exceptions) have a problem with dust when you start racing early afternoon and Outlaw also has a habit of running long when they have these big shows.