Son of a b! Never thought the day would come that I'd agree with rpm.  Must be us upstate redneck hillbilly beer drinking woodchucks do something right!🍻

5 hours ago, JohnyC said:

Stew is going to treat OCFS as his personal bank account while Matt will do the same on the SDS. Going to be a lot of money going into those two accounts this season 

And this is how the rich get richer and the fast get faster. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, JohnyC said:

Well if that’s what Late Models in Oklahoma or California do than I guess it’s set....

All I’m saying is that it’s going to be a great, exciting season at OCFS and it looks like the cars have turned up to support it. I’m just adding a suggestion to open the field a little to maybe start 28-30 cars. Chris will do as he wishes and that’s cool, I just agree with the original poster 

You do know 24 is standard in a lot more than just late models, right? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

You do know 24 is standard in a lot more than just late models, right? 

Thank you again

But we are talking about northeast dirt modifieds. And again OCFS can do as they wish. But looking at results from the SDS series they don’t start 24 in a feature. Looking at the weekly tracks I’ve been going to since a young man and they don’t cap at 24. This isn’t to say that OCFS can’t. It’s their business how many cars start but again capping at 24 is the exception and not the rule in this region. Now, as someone said maybe going forward they add provisionals and the field grows to 28-30. Who knows. And again my only point was that I agreed with the original poster; on a track that size I would like to see them start a bigger field. But I also recognize what others have said including that the price structure of the purse is based on 24 cars so I get that too. 

Timed hot laps, 2 heats, and that's it. No consi and no provisionals. I wonder how long that will last until the first big name has problems not qualifying in their heat.

1 hour ago, JohnyC said:

But looking at results from the SDS series they don’t start 24 in a feature.

The flip side of that is last night was yet another SDS race where half the race was run under yellow and people on here are bitching about paying top dollar to see so many laps run under caution.. There is nothing at all wrong with starting 24 cars in a feature, IMO.

• Like 3

One suggestion I would like to make is open the pit gates an hour before the main gate so the road into the track isn't blocked by all the haulers. Also that might also allow them to get the cars on the track sooner to run the track in!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaRooster said:

The weekly feature at OCFS runs 24 cars.  The total purse is structured for 24 cars.  Those running knew that before they arrived, and should have assumed there'd be a large field and qualifying would be tough.  If drivers from your home track towed down and didn't make the field, tough.  OCFS isn't one of those upstate hillbilly tracks where back-markers and sportsmen are thrown in to fill out the field.     

Spot on

If you think that was a good race track track last night get better glasses or spend another 15 to get in pits and watch the racing  This place wias a joke last to weeks . By the way do they even have a track grew other then wrecks and water truck oh ya a swamp pump to pump out the pits    100 years a JOKE

11 hours ago, valleyfan said:

Why do they only start 24 cars per feature? They sent home more SB and Sportsman last night than they started in the features. I don’t care how much money they are throwing around, it doesn’t do any good to the drivers that don’t qualify so...do you think the car counts will dwindle as drivers continue to not make the features?

I always wondered the same thing about Albany and why so many sportsman would go and not qualify, then The Ridge wouldn't have a full field of cars. Those guys could go to the ridge and actually race but not too many did. I guess only time will tell how many put up with it and how many leave, but a bunch of tracks haven't opened yet so not all of those plan on running the full season anyways.

6 hours ago, no rain said:

They raised price took away the kid price and senior discounts. Didn’t do any major fix’s to the racing track over the winter. Infield was a flood zone last night from turn 1 to turn 3 . Standing in 1 and 2 you can see the cars off the ground . 50 plus cars in the pits Mods and Crates and crates don’t get there 20 laps in .  100 years in the Business needs to do better then last night . 

You must have had your eyes closed.Brand new very clean bathrooms,new food stands,i nice clean fully stocked store,a play ground for the kids in witch my two little guys played at until 11pm along with 10 other kids.I  think they are doing an A+ job.Its dirt racing,most of the tracks ive been to have some sort of rough spot that needs working out.As for the entrance fee,totally fair,you cant do anything  for $20.They are entitled to make a profit ya no.You dont go to work for free do ya?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, buckshot44 said:

You must have had your eyes closed.Brand new very clean bathrooms,new food stands,i nice clean fully stocked store,a play ground for the kids in witch my two little guys played at until 11pm along with 10 other kids.I  think they are doing an A+ job.Its dirt racing,most of the tracks ive been to have some sort of rough spot that needs working out.As for the entrance fee,totally fair,you cant do anything  for $20.They are entitled to make a profit ya no.You dont go to work for free do ya?

I went to a track yesterday. Maybe I missed something. (would not be the first time)🤣

But not only did I see zero improved.  Somehow certain things  got worse and or/ broken over the winter?  go fig

hibernation I reckon

Playground ? Lol 11 pm they didn’t finish Qualifying by then. Who needs a 50000 dollar bath room .Put up port a Johns spend some money in the pits and track . It’s Halamr. Billionaire Company not Penncan or 5 mile Acord  .  Like I said before pit area is a joke  Sound system stinks and the race surface never gets worked in. Get the track person out of there box seats and watch a few heats from the pits turn 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 maybe they’ll see some improvement s are needed .  

3 hours ago, no rain said:

Playground ? Lol 11 pm they didn’t finish Qualifying by then. Who needs a 50000 dollar bath room .Put up port a Johns spend some money in the pits and track . It’s Halamr. Billionaire Company not Penncan or 5 mile Acord  .  Like I said before pit area is a joke  Sound system stinks and the race surface never gets worked in. Get the track person out of there box seats and watch a few heats from the pits turn 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 maybe they’ll see some improvement s are needed .  

Put up port-a-johns? Good luck trying to convince most girlfriends or wives to go to the track port-a-john, For that matter, it is 2019. Deplorable bathroom conditions weren't suitable at the Civil War prison camp in Andersonville (Ga.) in 1864; they sure as hell should not be acceptable at racetracks in 2019.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

Put up port-a-johns? Goof luck trying to convince most girlfriends or wives to go to the track port-a-john, For that matter, it is 2019. Deplorable bathroom conditions weren't suitable at the Civil War prison camp in Andersonville (Ga.) in 1864; they sure as hell should not be acceptable at racetracks in 2019.

tell that to williams grove or five mile?  😀

11 hours ago, zzz said:

2 quests;how was their attendance and was the features all races exiting or BORING! usualy street stocks and sportsman are best,, the man spent a lot of money on the place He can run it as he likes.if this format dosent work he can change it. imo. 

The attendance was, I would say, "good". Based on Saturday night crowds the last few years, I would say it was in the top 15% numbers wise. The racing was OK, but mostly because the track was so rough. Cars were hitting ruts and changing direction, and while the driver was correcting he/she might get passed. The street stocks ran their feature after the small block feature, and their small tires couldn't handle the ruts, Felt sorry for those guys. The sportsman feature was last. With inexperienced drivers on a rough track, I expected worse than what happened. The race was shortened to 15 laps, but it started at 12:30 and by then everyone just wanted to go home.

9 hours ago, burtonfan1995 said:

Last night was a very long show. Started an hour late because they couldn't get the track to dry out. Not a fan of the qualifying procedure at all. On the bright side, the races were very good.

They opened the gates too late, and didn't get the last car into the pits until about 6:15.

6 minutes ago, leroy said:

tell that to williams grove or five mile?  😀

The bathrooms in the infield at Williams Grove are fairly decent. Even the ones on the frontstretch are not horrid, but there are not enough of them for Outlaw crowds. They are real toilets that actually flush. I have not been to Five Mile in seven or eight years, but I know they were awful then.

Suggesting port-a-johns over decent bathrooms just seems like an awful suggestion, however, for any place trying to get families to attend.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DaRooster said:

The weekly feature at OCFS runs 24 cars.  The total purse is structured for 24 cars.  Those running knew that before they arrived, and should have assumed there'd be a large field and qualifying would be tough.  If drivers from your home track towed down and didn't make the field, tough.  OCFS isn't one of those upstate hillbilly tracks where back-markers and sportsmen are thrown in to fill out the field.     

http://www.orangecountyfairspeedway.net/media/1322/ocfs-2019-full-purse-structure-5.pdf

The purse posted on their own web site says 26 car fields for Modified, 358 Modified, and Sportsman.

2 minutes ago, By The Book said:

http://www.orangecountyfairspeedway.net/media/1322/ocfs-2019-full-purse-structure-5.pdf

The purse posted on their own web site says 26 car fields for Modified, 358 Modified, and Sportsman.

It also says for a "typical weekly purse"...……… last night was not a typical weekly show.

I think it's funny Brett will be getting back home from Middletown later than when he ran the Valley even though LV is almost 2 hours further away.

• Like 1

I to am surprised that Mr. Larsen did nothing to the track over the winter.  Some of the issues I thought would be resolved during the off season include better lighting and sound system, all new fencing/catch fencing, more seating in the 1st turn. On top of that one of the big complaints is the pit area either lowering it or finding a location outside the track. Obviously new clay is also needed and that has not been addressed by management other than screening the existing surface.

As far as the racing goes, the last 2 weeks have been above average for OCFS. If they can get an outside groove working in 1 and 2 the track would be pretty damn good. 90% of the passing so far this year seems to be between 3 and 4.

Now the weekly format to set the feature is horrible. There was no hot lap session prior to the timed hot laps. You basically pull your car of the trailer and go right into qualifying. The lower funded teams are at a huge disadvantage, where they usualy would be able to hold there own if they got a good starting spot. It's going to be the same guys week in and week out that are starting at the rear or even worse DNQ. You do not want to loose guys like Stan Frankenfield, CG Morey, and Brendan Finley cause they are not good time trailers and struggle to move forward. These guys deserve a fair shot to make the show. They can simply leave and go to a track with a normal handicapping system and have good heat starting spots and hold there own to qualify. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Krummel said:

It also says for a "typical weekly purse"...……… last night was not a typical weekly show.

This is true. We'll see what the next race brings.

Thoughts from Saturday... Unfortunately we wrecked while in a qualified position in our heat and were done early (figuratively speaking) so I spectated for the rest of the night...

1) The pit gates were open at 3PM, actually a little earlier. I know because we were in line at 2:30 and rolled the car off at about 3:15. It took 3+ hours to get the cars in. If they get that large a field every week they'll have to open them earlier. By the time all was said and done they started about 2 hours late.

2) The pits were a swamp. Our campsite at Oswego last year was only a little wetter. Getting good a digging ditches.

3) With all the rain, we pulled in and THEY WERE WATERING the track. Shook my head at that one.

4) Track was better than last week. Not saying a lot but it was better. There was a top in the heats if you were set up for it.

5) That was a poorly run show. Hopefully it'll improve. Crowd was less than I expected for excellent afternoon weather.

6) They'll keep getting 50+ Sportsman and sending 30 home. No one will stop.

Some of you might find it surprising how many people argue that the little guy without a lot of money should actually NOT be there taking up space. I was surprised and more than a little put off every time I heard, "I don't give a shit about them and their fair chance, they don't have money, get out of here." I'm paraphrasing.

All I hear is you can't get this or that for $20 so stop complaining. Shut up. If you love OCFS, awesome. But to claim you can't get a ticket to anything for less than $20 is ludicrous. Take your $20, go 2 hours North, then come talk to me. That'll get you a ticket, food, and a 50/50. Beers your problem. You'll also be home before the OCFS Mod feature is over. It's 2 hours up there for me. Show starts at 6PM, we're in the car by 9:30PM to go home if we don't stay for the last feature. It's an hour and a half to OCFS for me, so travel time is moot.

Looking forward to going home this Saturday.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

The flip side of that is last night was yet another SDS race where half the race was run under yellow and people on here are bitching about paying top dollar to see so many laps run under caution.. There is nothing at all wrong with starting 24 cars in a feature, IMO.

The number of cars had nothing to do with the cautions. People adjust drove into yuke tires alone