Jump to content




Recommended Posts


Orange County runs 358 on Hoosier, but they are not the headliner class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, leroy said:

Orange County runs 358 on Hoosier, but they are not the headliner class

Not the headliner but they pay more then most 358 headliner tracks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, J.Ward said:

Are there any 358 tracks out there on Hoosier tires that are not affiliated with DIRT?

Lebanon Valley 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 115fanpr said:

Lebanon Valley 

 

LVS is a DIRTcar sanctioned speedway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sanctioning bodies are the ones reaping most of the benefits from the tire manufacturers today. Back when i started you could use whoever's tired you wanted & if they wanted to add money to advertise their product it was thru contingency awards so that if you didn't feel that you wanted to use their tire you weren't eligible for any of their money, but you had the ability to choose what was best for your car.......I for one would love to see it go back to that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Open tires would just mean American racers, far better tire, far less work, unfortunately far more compounds which ends up costing the same money for the racers themselves....A/R has always been great at contingency awards and tire giveaways at most of their tracks....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, racer80 said:

The sanctioning bodies are the ones reaping most of the benefits from the tire manufacturers today. Back when i started you could use whoever's tired you wanted & if they wanted to add money to advertise their product it was thru contingency awards so that if you didn't feel that you wanted to use their tire you weren't eligible for any of their money, but you had the ability to choose what was best for your car.......I for one would love to see it go back to that

There are several contingency awards from many companies on the Super DIRTcar Series available throughout the finishing field at every race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jumper12a said:

LVS is a DIRTcar sanctioned speedway.

Yes but they are only dirtcar sanctioned for the big blocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jumper12a said:

There are several contingency awards from many companies on the Super DIRTcar Series available throughout the finishing field at every race.

But not based on tire selection becuase you only have 1. Opening the rules wouldn't really do anything other than make everyone run American racers 95% of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

Open tires would just mean American racers, far better tire, far less work, unfortunately far more compounds which ends up costing the same money for the racers themselves....A/R has always been great at contingency awards and tire giveaways at most of their tracks....

I agree, but my point is why should the sanctioning bodies receive ANY benefits from the tire companies...after all, they're not the ones buying the tires, the racers are 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 115fanpr said:

Yes but they are only dirtcar sanctioned for the big blocks.

The person asked about tracks not affiliated with DIRTcar. LVS is affiliated with DIRTcar. They didn’t ask about specific classes that aren’t sanctioned at sanctioned tracks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, racer80 said:

I agree, but my point is why should the sanctioning bodies receive ANY benefits from the tire companies...after all, they're not the ones buying the tires, the racers are 

If you believe that NASCAR doesn’t reap benefits from Monster Energy Drink without actually consuming the product, you’re dreaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

If you believe that NASCAR doesn’t reap benefits from Monster Energy Drink without actually consuming the product, you’re dreaming.

Well, Monster Energy is a sponsor & Nascar drivers are not required to only drink that cat piss....LOL, Hoosier is not an advertising sponsor as Goodyear is not in nascar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are just looking for a place to take our old steel headed 358 engine and run it a few times while our big block gets finished. There is huge disadvantage with DIRT weight rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, J.Ward said:

We are just looking for a place to take our old steel headed 358 engine and run it a few times while our big block gets finished. There is huge disadvantage with DIRT weight rules.

Deyo has some smallblock shows sometimes. The one at Georgetown was pretty good. Not sure what the weight rules look like at Fonda for that weekly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, racer80 said:

Well, Monster Energy is a sponsor & Nascar drivers are not required to only drink that cat piss....LOL, Hoosier is not an advertising sponsor as Goodyear is not in nascar

What do you think Hoosier & VP are lol? They’re DIRTcar sponsors who payout a lot of money at seasons end. Not only for the DIRTcar Championships, but the member tracks as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AMA Supercross racers drink lots of Monster Energy!  By the case load.  🙄😆

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is what I do not get.

 

Teams are running Hoosier tires to get paid.

Teams are running American Racer to get paid.

 

The consensus by many teams, promoters, drivers ,sponsors, key board warriors, etc..... is that given a choice , teams will  almost always certainly pick American Racer over Hoosier to win a race, given a choice.  I have rarely,  if at all , heard anything to the contrary

 

How many years now has this been goin on?

Why does not Hoosier step up their game?? ?  Make a new tire(s)?

 

Does American Racer have Colonel Sanders  secret recipe?  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's exactly why i say take tire choice out of the hands of the sanctioning bodies & put it back in the racers control where it belongs.....make the tire money be earned thru contingency awards at every race instead of sanctioning groups determining who, where & how much the racers will get

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, leroy said:

Here is what I do not get.

 

Teams are running Hoosier tires to get paid.

Teams are running American Racer to get paid.

 

The consensus by many teams, promoters, drivers ,sponsors, key board warriors, etc..... is that given a choice , teams will  almost always certainly pick American Racer over Hoosier to win a race, given a choice.  I have rarely,  if at all , heard anything to the contrary

 

How many years now has this been goin on?

Why does not Hoosier step up their game?? ?  Make a new tire(s)?

 

Does American Racer have Colonel Sanders  secret recipe?  🤣

There isnt any reason for them to make a better tire. They are locked in as the go to for dirt. They make better tires for other classes but this is what we have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, leroy said:

Here is what I do not get.

 

Teams are running Hoosier tires to get paid.

Teams are running American Racer to get paid.

 

The consensus by many teams, promoters, drivers ,sponsors, key board warriors, etc..... is that given a choice , teams will  almost always certainly pick American Racer over Hoosier to win a race, given a choice.  I have rarely,  if at all , heard anything to the contrary

 

How many years now has this been goin on?

Why does not Hoosier step up their game?? ?  Make a new tire(s)?

 

Does American Racer have Colonel Sanders  secret recipe?  🤣

The Hoosier dirt modified tire is a "control" tire. It is not designed for optimal performance, but rather the ability with only 3 compounds, 2 for the left side, to be able to run a variety of tracks, and usually have pretty good longevity. The American Racer dirt modified tire is a "performance" tire. It's designed for optimal performance, and there are more compounds available to fine tune the performance of the car to a certain track. Yes an AR is faster, but it usually doesn't last as long as a Hoosier tire would. They both have contingencies for using their product. So it's usually a matter of personal preference. I know some racers that love AR's and hate Hoosiers and vice versa. But I will say this, I think spec tires have helped save racers money, especially if you are racing tracks you know pretty well because then you will  need less of a selection of tires then you would with an open tire rule. I never raced a modified before the tire rules were implemented, but I did race a Sportsman car and we would have certain compounds we ran in the heats and then usually harder tires for the feature. The tire bill was brutal (btw I never bought used tires, why buy 1/2 a tire for half price, what are you really saving?). I can't think of any major division or sanctioning body that doesn't have a tire rule, and I have yet to hear any racer complain about that.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Devin Willis said:

There isnt any reason for them to make a better tire. They are locked in as the go to for dirt. They make better tires for other classes but this is what we have. 

exactly! Why would they make a better tire when they have no competition in Dirtcar. They just give Dirtcar big money to guarantee that & they just keep raising the tire prices. Give them some competition  & watch the price come down & better tires developed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoosier may not have any incentive to make the tires perform better, they may be made to be a control tire, but none of that explains them taking half of the tread off of the front tires and making them more money. 

Dirtcar has always mandated anything they could make a buck off of, I know that many sanctioning bodies may do this. Msd boxes for 358s(that are not all the same), 2 different versions of sportsman MSD boxes, tires, fuel, Brodix intake manifolds, 2 barrell carb spacers, mufflers, headers, shock stickers that anyone can buy for 15 bucks and stick on anything....the list is long. Most of these parts hurt performance and cost the racer more than a better replacement, but it makes/made dirtcar money.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



















×