So far per Facebook.  Stewart and jessica friesen, Danny Johnson , and pat ward will be there.  Anyone else?

Close to 60 mods in the pits and around 40 sportsman. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

57 mods for just 2k to win.   Unbelievable car counts.  

Remember it’s not always about the money to racers. 

• Like 3

Early in the year when literally every other track in NY cancels gives you a great opportunity to get a big car count because racers are itching to get out there.

• Like 4

Five Mile Point Speedway $2,063 #DougWorthingTribute Unofficial Finish:

1. RUSTY SMITH 
2. Butch Getz 
3. Mitch Gibbs
4. Brian Malcolm
5. Byron Worthing
6. Shaun Walker 
7. Pat Ward 
8. Eddie Strada
9. Tyler Siri
10. Richard Smith

I just hope people that were there realize how lucky they were to be able to be at the races while many of us were home. I’m sure things might not have perfect but I’ve always said any night at a race track is a good night for me! I can honestly say there’s no such thing as a bad race, just some are more exciting than others. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, racemonster said:

Any results? Or are they still having intermission?

no intermission tonight. Ran them straight through. 

• Like 1

Friesen had it wrapped up and then broke...

Then Nick Petrilak was running away with it and his motor slowly lost power

Then the Doctor had it won and broke the rear end in turn 1 and 2 on the last lap.

15 minutes ago, burtonfan1995 said:

Friesen had it wrapped up and then broke...

Then Nick Petrilak was running away with it and his motor slowly lost power

Then the Doctor had it won and broke the rear end in turn 1 and 2 on the last lap.

Track rough or just unlucky for the guys out front tonight?

3 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Track rough or just unlucky for the guys out front tonight?

The track definitely wasn't great, a typical wet April track, but it made for an exciting race.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

I just hope people that were there realize how lucky they were to be able to be at the races while many of us were home. I’m sure things might not have perfect but I’ve always said any night at a race track is a good night for me! I can honestly say there’s no such thing as a bad race, just some are more exciting than others. 

Considering that in the off season it was reported the track was sale, and in jeopardy of not reopening? I"d say yes lucky. 

Good to read that the show got lots of support yesterday.  

My family got together for Easter dinner on Saturday instead of Sunday this year.  It was more important for me to do that.  

1 minute ago, macho said:

Maybe I missed it but what was the Dr driving?

Driving the Tyler Siri car

• Like 1

Nice to see they ran the show quickly..... That should reap benefits down the road. I believe that's been one of the biggest criticisms in recent years.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Joe Bagadonuts said:

no intermission tonight. Ran them straight through. 

There is a first for everything I guess 😃

Different promoters. Maybe they don't want to do what was done in the past. I give them credit for not screwing around. 

• Like 1

I would say it was a successful opener. I had a smile on my face when I pulled in at 4:25 and there was a pretty long line of race cars still checking in. I give them credit for starting the first 6:00 heat at 6:25 (only 25 minutes late) with as many cars as they had to get hot lapped. The announcer kept  apologizing for the late start. It was obvious that they were well aware of time and making an effort to run off the show without screwing around like they have sometimes done in the past.  I get a sense that things are changing since they skipped the intermission. The track wasn't half bad for an early show in April. They did a good job moving things along. It was great to smell race fuel and get dirty and have some concessions with a couple beers on a beautiful night. Way better than get rained out. 

• Like 2

EXCELLENT  JOB  LAST NIGHT ,,, I had said a few years back that I wouldn't be back because of length of the shows but thought I would try one more time and  I was more than pleased and even changed the schedule  and moved the modifieds up as most people are there to see them ,,, GREAT JOB  

• Like 1