Great to see Lyle and his team have pushed the yuke tires far away from the track at Malta. Thank you!

For the last race they pushed the yuke tires back out.

4 hours ago, Sheppard9s said:

Because drivers want to drive through the infield is why they were pushed back

Dig a hole around the inside. Problem solved and no yuke tires

That don't work. They have that at woodhull and if them tires are in at all they will plant front tire on the berm and ride it right around. 

8 minutes ago, dan dan said:

That don't work. They have that at woodhull and if them tires are in at all they will plant front tire on the berm and ride it right around. 

Works at airborne pretty good. Everytime I put my wheel over it my 2x4 hits the ground and Iose like 4 spots

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Devin Willis said:

They had an inside berm back in the day at Fulton one year when Pauch won the Victoria 200, they were using it to launch off of.

9 minutes ago, ranger22 said:

They had an inside berm back in the day at Fulton one year when Pauch won the Victoria 200, they were using it to launch off of.

Depending on how you make it I could see that happening. The one at airborne was about a foot tall with a drop on the back. You couldn't even get a wheel up on it without hitting your nose. However airborne has the benefit of having quite a bit of banking which makes the top very competitive so that might even out the advantage that berm gives. I would take a wall over yuke tires though. At Oswego I atleast know how far away I am and how far away I'm going to be

• Like 1

An inner guardrail was added at Freedom...much better than tires IMO.  Except LM guys don't like it so much.

Could be I guess different configurations and banking of tracks as to how well or not if it works. 

Doesn't matter what's inside. There will be times when you can contact the inner "whatever" and drive away with zero issue, there will be times when contact will cause stuff to break or lose positions.  They all have pros and cons.

With the exception of a tire being kicked up in front of you by a car ahead making contact (stake them down or bury them) the common factor to all of them is drivers clipping down lower and lower as the race goes on. 

It's like an employee complaining when he gets caught leaving early. Is it the clock's fault?

3 hours ago, Devin Willis said:

This solution holds water on the bottom of the track.

I think the ultimate solution is car/truck tires installed in the ground 1/2 or 2/3 deep. It would slow you down if you hit them but it wouldn't take out a front end. It also gives you an escape route into the infield should the track be blocked.

• Like 2

Bob Miller or dale Welty would be ones to answer that for sure. But if memory serves me right Dundee did tires and I think what they called the concrete turtles. I don't think either went over well. 

3 hours ago, ranger22 said:

The year Tom Kinsella won the Vic 200 was the year that was really an issue. Several of the other drivers in the top five were pissed about Kinsella's line. Pauch was especially salty and did not take his trophy along with him following the race.

12 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

The year Tom Kinsella won the Vic 200 was the year that was really an issue. Several of the other drivers in the top five were pissed about Kinsella's line. Pauch was especially salty and did not take his trophy along with him following the race.

I had to look this up... yeah, that was definitely "showin them the short way around"

• Like 1

What I noticed in that video. A couple few guys had flat tires. Their car didn't  "stall" and bring out the caution and magically restart. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FightForTheRail said:

Yup that's the one. I knew Pauch was involved somehow. the memory ain't what it used to be.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leakin_fluids said:

Doesn't matter what's inside. There will be times when you can contact the inner "whatever" and drive away with zero issue, there will be times when contact will cause stuff to break or lose positions.  They all have pros and cons.

With the exception of a tire being kicked up in front of you by a car ahead making contact (stake them down or bury them) the common factor to all of them is drivers clipping down lower and lower as the race goes on. 

It's like an employee complaining when he gets caught leaving early. Is it the clock's fault?

Exactly.  It is not the  Euc tires fault if drivers hit them.  Just as it is not the inside walls fault,  turtles, berm, ditch , or guardrails fault either. The barrier is there for a reason. Not meant to run into

Do drivers blame the outside wall when they hit it??  Some tracks actually do use tires for a barrier on the outside

• Like 3

4 hours ago, matt_s86 said:

I had to look this up... yeah, that was definitely "showin them the short way around"

One of the years when the race got rained out until Sunday, It got just as bad, If not worse.  Drivers using the infield as part of the speedway

To me, the problem with the yuke tires is the inconsistent placement and their ability to be "relocated" during a race. The wall is in the same position, lap after lap, week after week. IMO they suck and cause unnecessary damage.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

This solution holds water on the bottom of the track.

I think the ultimate solution is car/truck tires installed in the ground 1/2 or 2/3 deep. It would slow you down if you hit them but it wouldn't take out a front end. It also gives you an escape route into the infield should the track be blocked.

The now closed Hidden Valley speedway in Clearfield, PA had exactly this and it did work well.  Car tires buried halfway.  It created enough of a berm that you did not want to hit it (like i did...many times....) but they stayed in place and they weren't destructive if you did clip them.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, leroy said:

Exactly.  It is not the  Euc tires fault if drivers hit them.  Just as it is not the inside walls fault,  turtles, berm, ditch , or guardrails fault either. The barrier is there for a reason. Not meant to run into

Do drivers blame the outside wall when they hit it??  Some tracks actually do use tires for a barrier on the outside

I dont think any of the drivers are saying that they didnt make a mistake. Yuke tires tend to be all over the place and they're never in a straight line so you have 1 sticking 2 feet out and you clip it thinking you will be okay. The wall at Oswego gor example I find to be way better since you know how far away you are and how far away you will be all the time. Bumping it doesnt rip your front end off

The problem is yuke tires just destroy cars and I think we can come up with something that will cost us less money and break less stuff but still stop people from running in the infield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devin Willis said:

I dont think any of the drivers are saying that they didnt make a mistake. Yuke tires tend to be all over the place and they're never in a straight line so you have 1 sticking 2 feet out and you clip it thinking you will be okay. The wall at Oswego gor example I find to be way better since you know how far away you are and how far away you will be all the time. Bumping it doesnt rip your front end off

I get what your saying with a wall being consistent, but where do you go when the turn is blocked because of a spin out or a pile up? I know things have worked out at Oswego, but there seems to be more spin outs and pile ups at local weekly racing tracks. If there is a wall on the inside and outside there is no 'escape' route in these situations.