This Saturday Plattsburgh Airborne Speedway is opening night. 50 laps $2,000 to win for the modifieds. Last year's opening night saw 20 small blocks and Chris Raabe came home with the victory in exciting fashion. You could expect more names on opening night this year as some Quebec drivers will invade and a few new drivers are calling Airborne home on Saturday nights. Start time is 4pm with pits opening at 10am for inspection.

2 hours ago, GoFast39Fan said:

Rain will probably win this one. Forecast for Friday and Saturday don’t look good

Saturday looks decent. Depends on how much rain comes Friday if they have time to work on the track

A couple of cool notes.

Airborne is bringing back the ProStocks as a semi-regular division -- I hope the Quebec cars support them. I always loved that class and would love to see it come back strong at Airborne (and maybe Mohawk if things work well at Airborne).

Robby Knowles is the new promoter and I expect he will do a fantastic job. He grew up at the track, his father Rick was announcer there for over 20 years and he lives, eats and breathes racing. I think he is the right guy for the job. (His uncle Rob is still announcing I believe.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rmitchell said:

Saturday looks decent. Depends on how much rain comes Friday if they have time to work on the track

I live in Malone. 90% chance of rain Saturday. Chance of snow or rain Saturday night 29 degrees. 

3 hours ago, BillSmith said:

A couple of cool notes.

Airborne is bringing back the ProStocks as a semi-regular division -- I hope the Quebec cars support them. I always loved that class and would love to see it come back strong at Airborne (and maybe Mohawk if things work well at Airborne).

Robby Knowles is the new promoter and I expect he will do a fantastic job. He grew up at the track, his father Rick was announcer there for over 20 years and he lives, eats and breathes racing. I think he is the right guy for the job. (His uncle Rob is still announcing I believe.)

Robby is an awesome guy. Excited to see what happens at Airborne this year! I’ll be making a couple trips over for sure.

1 minute ago, Rmitchell said:

21 modifieds here. No rain in site

Nice!!

Steve Bernier, Lance Willix, Michael Parent, Greg Adkins and Jackie Brown top 5. Great battle for the lead between Lance and Steve the whole race.

27 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

Steve Bernier, Lance Willix, Michael Parent, Greg Adkins and Jackie Brown top 5. Great battle for the lead between Lance and Steve the whole race.

How did Mahaney do?

15 minutes ago, GoFast39Fan said:

How did Mahaney do?

Got lapped. Outside top 10. McCreadie also didn't do so well.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

Wow indeed. I knew they had some issues at practice on Thursday from watching Mandee’s video. Hopefully get those ironed out and get competitive soon. 21 cars on an iffy weather day in April is pretty good! 

21 is a good field compared to last year. 8-10 was normal. I know they’ve picked up about 5 more and the new promoter seems to be a breath of fresh air for the track. Hopefully good things coming for Airborne 

• Like 1

kudos to Robbie for having the balls to run it and not cancel a week ago i think we are going in the right direction up here

• Like 2

21 cars is a good field for this area and hopefully a sign that racing is starting to get healthy again around here. 

Airborne, Mohawk, Cornwall, Brockville and Can-Am all seemed to hover around 12-15 most nights last year (barring a special tour race or something like that).

13 hours ago, Rmitchell said:

lapped? wow he might have to miss one of mandees blogs and buckle down this week

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, GoFast39Fan said:

Wow. Thank you. 

Not sure why this is surprising. Sorry but I just don’t see it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, foster said:

(Mod Edit)

Why hate on someone that is trying to help the sport?

Whether you like her or not, she is doing a lot more positive things for this sport than those who constantly post negative things on here.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2