Stinks for the crews because they pay the most to get in, do the work on the cars to make the show happen, then can't even see there car go around the track. That's one thing about the valley I can't stand when I go. I understand it for the fans viewing, but either way the drive in won't see the front stretch with the trailers

That’s the least of their problems.   Last night the track conditions were horrible.   I’ve never seen it so rough.    The leader and second place both broke something in the mod feature.   The new time trial format is a joke as well.   It was supposed to speed things up, but with only 3 divisions racing, the show started at 6 and the first feature didn’t roll out until after 10.  And luckily there were 2 intermissions.     Lebanon and Fonda’s features were done 1/2 hour before the first feature started at OCFS.   Not sure why they are trying to reinvent the wheel, but it’s going to cost them fans and car counts.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EPA said:

That’s the least of their problems.   Last night the track conditions were horrible.   I’ve never seen it so rough.    The leader and second place both broke something in the mod feature.   The new time trial format is a joke as well.   It was supposed to speed things up, but with only 3 divisions racing, the show started at 6 and the first feature didn’t roll out until after 10.  And luckily there were 2 intermissions.     Lebanon and Fonda’s features were done 1/2 hour before the first feature started at OCFS.   Not sure why they are trying to reinvent the wheel, but it’s going to cost them fans and car counts.  

Lebanon Valley had 5 divisions, started at 6 on the nose and was done before 9PM. And for a 40 degree night, the track was in good shape. It wasn't touched by the track crew once the program started.

You can sit in the top row of the OCFS grandstand and still have a mostly obstructed view of the track.  When the feature comes, most of the race is a rumor for the fans with people standing on top of the haulers. If you want people to pay money to watch the races, they need to be able to see more than the cars sprinting down the front stretch.    As a fan, when I go to OCFS I have to commit to an extremely long day because I have to get there very early to to secure a seat otherwise it's not worth it.  Not always possible when you have a bunch of normal life things to take care of on your day off.  This is a good, small first step for the fans. 

OCFS won't lose drivers or fans. Everyone knows that place is God's gift to racing and no matter what asinine decisions they make the pits will be jammed every week because, "why would anyone race somewhere else when OCFS is paying to much?"

I hear that all the time and shake my head. I was home from the Valley before the Sportsman feature went out... I could have made it from Lebanon to Middletown in time to be at the trailer for that race.

I understand OCFS has a ton of cars, but that's insane. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

OCFS won't lose drivers or fans. Everyone knows that place is God's gift to racing and no matter what asinine decisions they make the pits will be jammed every week because, "why would anyone race somewhere else when OCFS is paying to much?"

I hear that all the time and shake my head. I was home from the Valley before the Sportsman feature went out... I could have made it from Lebanon to Middletown in time to be at the trailer for that race.

I understand OCFS has a ton of cars, but that's insane. 

Like EPA said, they've got some serious issues. When it takes over 5 hours to run 3 divisions, format changes need to be made. 

2 hours ago, B-Train said:

You can sit in the top row of the OCFS grandstand and still have a mostly obstructed view of the track.  When the feature comes, most of the race is a rumor for the fans with people standing on top of the haulers. If you want people to pay money to watch the races, they need to be able to see more than the cars sprinting down the front stretch.    As a fan, when I go to OCFS I have to commit to an extremely long day because I have to get there very early to to secure a seat otherwise it's not worth it.  Not always possible when you have a bunch of normal life things to take care of on your day off.  This is a good, small first step for the fans. 

Sorry to put it so bluntly, but you are a liar. If you sit in the top 2/3 of the main grandstand you can see most of 1&2 and the backstretch. Definitely not turn 3 and most of 4, although last year's parking changes helped a little. Guess they forgot about that. If you sit in the top 2/3 of the half covered, you can see 3&4 except where they enter 3, and the backstretch as well, but nothing at all in turn 2. You also don't need to get there early. You can walk in at feature time and sit within 5 seats of any seat in the stands. Last night especially, the crowd was dismal, even for OCFS.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, By The Book said:

You also don't need to get there early. You can walk in at feature time and sit within 5 seats of any seat in the stands. Last night especially, the crowd was dismal, even for OCFS.

Fake News! That may have been the case last night, but having been at the last STSS and 2018’s Eastern States 200, you are allowed to enter grandstand area before gates “officially open” and spread as many blankets down as you want. Bought 1/2 covered seats (Not Reserved) a week before last years 200, waited in line before the gates opened, and the best seats were 6 rows from the bottom. This years STSS was only a little better. Much better years ago when much of the 1/2 covered were reserved for the bigger races. Track conditions, price, rule changes, weekly talent base, pretty much all suck now. Nice place to take a crap though. 

2 hours ago, blowinblackboogers said:

But... but they’ve got nice, new bathrooms (announced last night they just past 900 flushes!) and The Jet is back and won the small block feature. That’s like a win win! 

900 flushes.......that's a good one. But Hearn is still ahead.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bob Krummel said:

900 flushes.......that's a good one. But Hearn is still ahead.

913 and still counting...........

31 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

913 and still counting...........

Yeah.....the kid caught up to that lap car at the wrong time for him...... but the right time for Hearn. But that's racing.

• Like 1

How many mods started in the feature? Is it still capped at 24? Fonda started all 30 last night 

I’ve been to OCFS mainly for big races and it’s always awesome paying for a pit pass and having to stand on the front stretch and watch your car go by and then wait for it to come around because you can’t see anything in the pits there. I’ve also been on top of the trailer and can see about 95% of the track and the car that I paid for and help. There needs to be a compromise between not being able to be on the trailer and giving the crew members who pay to get in a place to see the races from. 

Rob Hile 

7 hours ago, B-Train said:

"You can sit in the top row of the OCFS grandstand and still have a mostly obstructed view of the track.  When the feature comes, most of the race is a rumor for the fans with people standing on top of the haulers". 

Really?  That's odd.  The team of the winningest driver of all time at OCFS puts a spotter in the grandstands for the extra distance races.  He has no problem at all.  And neither do I.  

21 hours ago, DaRooster said:

This might be more of an insurance deal than restricting sight-lines.  I don't know.......

That was the rumor yesterday. OCFS posted today that they made the decision to help the fans see better. 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 3:30 PM, JohnyC said:

How many mods started in the feature? Is it still capped at 24? Fonda started all 30 last night 

They announced prior that all big blocks would start, I think they had 26.

So the fans are not happy because the show is so long, and the fastest cars only come out to race once a night. The drivers are not happy because they are bouncing around through the holes, trying mostly to survive rather than race. The car owners are not happy because their cars are getting the crap beat out of them, coming back in with broken suspensions, bad shocks, etc. And the crews are not happy because they can not stand on top of the trailers to watch the race.

Other than that, things are going great!

They handed out a schedule of events when the teams arrived and didn't follow it at all. Right from the get-go, the order of timed hot laps changed. During intermission they announced they were changing the schedule, that the big block feature would be first. Followed immediately by calling the big blocks to the line. Totally disorganized.

As my friend said, OCFS has a lot going for it... The guys running the actual show, not so much. 

We'll see how it goes. Going to rain off and on all this week so the track should be in... Shape... I don't know what kind of shape other than it'll be round and that's about as much as anyone can say until we get there Saturday... Assuming the weather holds and we race. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 8:28 PM, By The Book said:

They announced prior that all big blocks would start, I think they had 26.

31 Modifieds all made the feature.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:52 PM, By The Book said:

So the fans are not happy because the show is so long, and the fastest cars only come out to race once a night. The drivers are not happy because they are bouncing around through the holes, trying mostly to survive rather than race. The car owners are not happy because their cars are getting the crap beat out of them, coming back in with broken suspensions, bad shocks, etc. And the crews are not happy because they can not stand on top of the trailers to watch the race.

Other than that, things are going great!

They handed out a schedule of events when the teams arrived and didn't follow it at all. Right from the get-go, the order of timed hot laps changed. During intermission they announced they were changing the schedule, that the big block feature would be first. Followed immediately by calling the big blocks to the line. Totally disorganized.

Total $hit show openning night and last week.