Sign in to follow this  

5 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Not a fan of Adam Sandler, Dane Cook or Jim Carrey either.

Yeah yeah, we get it. You like Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, Jeff Dunham  Gallagher, and Carrot Top. To each their own!

1 hour ago, John Williams said:

Yeah yeah, we get it. You like Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, Jeff Dunham  Gallagher, and Carrot Top. To each their own!

No no, you don't get it. I'm not a big fan of those people either. If comedic redundancy is your thing, that's fine. I won't look down on you. But don't look down on me for having a different opinion. Got it?

7 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I bet you're real fun at parties🎉

*just kidding.  just trying to add a little old fashioned comedic redundancy to the mix. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Not a fan of them or Farrell either, nor Andy Samberg. They're all corny & not that funny.

5 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

I bet you're real fun at parties🎉

I laughed the first time through all of the Three Stooges. The second time around it wasn't funny. Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey regurgitate the same babytalking character over and over again. Will Ferrell does it too.

When my kids were little, they used to love it when I hid around the corner and yelled boo when they walked into the room. They wanted me to do it again, but couldn't understand that it doesn't work the 2nd time. You have to hide someplace new, and after a while it won't work at all because the victim is now expecting it.

That's the redundancy I am talking about. It's not funny any more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

No no, you don't get it. I'm not a big fan of those people either. If comedic redundancy is your thing, that's fine. I won't look down on you. But don't look down on me for having a different opinion. Got it?

Oh come on now. I know you have Tooth Fairy 2 in your dvd collection somewhere!

Nope. Never even heard of it until now, but I will give it a look if I can borrow yours.

Unfortunately we have no more Dangerfields, Kinisons, Pryors or Kaufmanns....we are stuck with no talent comedians such as Fallon, Ferrell, Sandler & the worst of all..Carrey....thankfully they got rid of Jon Stewart, now if only Bill Maher & Steven Colbert would follow suit

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, racer80 said:

Unfortunately we have no more Dangerfields, Kinisons, Pryors or Kaufmanns....we are stuck with no talent comedians such as Fallon, Ferrell, Sandler & the worst of all..Carrey....thankfully they got rid of Jon Stewart, now if only Bill Maher & Steven Colbert would follow suit

Yes!  Holycrap, these guys are terrible.  They're obsessed with Trump (sorry for the political interjection but it dealt with the topic at hand). They can't even go 2 minutes into their monologue without mentioning that guy. At that point,  I turn the channel. Now,  I don't even watch them at all. 

There's a whole world to make jokes about and they focus on one person.  I can't even watch them anymore.  I think Kimmel was crying on stage one night about healthcare or immigration.  You had one job! 

I wasn't a Letterman fan but even he was better than these wannabe crybabies. Bring back Leno! He was great.  I agree about Dangerfield. He was great.  John Candy was awesome.  Chevy Chase! 

George Carlin, Robin Williams, Denis Leary, David Brenner, Robert Klein and Dennis Miller were all famous for beating up politicians, and some of them were brutal. But the difference from then to today is that these people have other material. These new talk show hosts are nowhere near as funny as Johnny Carson was.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

George Carlin, Robin Williams, Denis Leary, David Brenner, Robert Klein and Dennis Miller were all famous for beating up politicians, and some of them were brutal. But the difference from then to today is that these people have other material. These new talk show hosts are nowhere near as funny as Johnny Carson was.

Every topic turns into a Matt Sheppard topic except the one about Matt sheppard

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Devin Willis said:

Who? lol.

2 hours ago, racer80 said:

You tell 'em Hannity!

49 minutes ago, Devin Willis said:

'the ONE about Matt Sheppard.' Haha. 

There's three that just started in the past week. It's been Man Crush Monday for the past week here with Matt. 

5 minutes ago, John Williams said:

You tell 'em Hannity!

I don't give two shits about the political humor....today's Comedians just suck....period!!!!.....Dave Chappell is the ONLY funny guy in the business

7 minutes ago, racer80 said:

I don't give two shits about the political humor....today's Comedians just suck....period!!!!.....Dave Chappell is the ONLY funny guy in the business

You tell 'em grandpa!

1 hour ago, Devin Willis said:

What more is there to say? The guy has not only been on fire, but he's been a raging inferno at the start of 2019. It's funny in a way... this is just the beginning of May and a brand new racing season, and he's already exhausted most of the things to talk about. The ones that get away from him are the ones people will talk about most this season.

And that kind of goes along with history. Will Cagle was winning so much in the mid '70s that Gater Racing News stopped showing his picture under the headlines saying that he won. Instead, they'd show a picture of whoever won the Late Model race that day. That is, until Walt Mitchell started winning all of those shows too. Then there wasn't any picture, just a snarky headline saying, "Who else? Cagle and Mitchell Double Up At Weedsport."

1 hour ago, Devin Willis said:

At least no one has brought up Fonda just yet......

1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

What more is there to say? The guy has not only been on fire, but he's been a raging inferno at the start of 2019. It's funny in a way... this is just the beginning of May and a brand new racing season, and he's already exhausted most of the things to talk about. The ones that get away from him are the ones people will talk about most this season.

And that kind of goes along with history. Will Cagle was winning so much in the mid '70s that Gater Racing News stopped showing his picture under the headlines saying that he won. Instead, they'd show a picture of whoever won the Late Model race that day. That is, until Walt Mitchell started winning all of those shows too. Then there wasn't any picture, just a snarky headline saying, "Who else? Cagle and Mitchell Double Up At Weedsport."

Now if I could just remember who built those cars for Cagle and Mitchell back then, hmmmm.  Seriously though, if we can manage to get second to Matt at Outlaw sometime this year, I'm totally counting that as a win hahaha

Greg Birosh - you were right when we spoke at Arnot Mall. You said you were confident I would like your car this year and I do.

59375739_10214365252549814_7737622246486

2 hours ago, BobMiller said:

What more is there to say?

We could always talk about the heated points battle between Matt and Mat in the SDS series (that was for you goggles). Mat only lacks 7 points and he can be on top! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Greg Birosh - you were right when we spoke at Arnot Mall. You said you were confident I would like your car this year and I do.

Thanks, Bob, I'm glad you like it, I know I'm happy with how it came out.  Though I do prefer a clean, simple look as well, there's an awful lot of blank space on those quarter & sail panels.  Maybe with a little luck, and some more hard work, one of those $5-20k sponsors being talked about in the other thread will find their way to our team.  I always try my best to represent and promote our sponsors as best I can, like Upstate Brewing in Elmira that has one of the best varieties and quality of craft beer as anywhere I've been (seriously, even if you think you don't like "craft" beer, give them a try, they have something for pretty much everyone!), along with a great tap room.  Also, Finger Lakes NAPA in Penn Yan has very knowledgeable people and great service and we're proud to carry their name as well.  And since I've hijacked a Matt Sheppard thread, I certainly have to thank Stu Sheppard at Seneca Auto Sales & Service for all of his help over the years.  If you're anywhere near Waterloo, NY and need anything automotive, stop in and see him; they do great work and he's a tireless supporter of our sport.  Scot VonBergen (SMV Motorsports), along with a couple of other anonymous supporters help when they can, and they are greatly appreciated as well.  Danbury Competition does an excellent job with our Ford engine considering that our engine budget is a small fraction (that's less than half, if you're keeping track) of what most others are spending.  That said, we have very stiff competition to deal with week in and week out, but I still think we can run right there with them if we have enough help.

Sheppard up to nine in a row and 10 overall with last night’s win ago outlaw. He’s got Land of Legends and Weedsport left on the weekend to try and extend the ridiculous streak.

14 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Sheppard up to nine in a row and 10 overall with last night’s win ago outlaw. He’s got Land of Legends and Weedsport left on the weekend to try and extend the ridiculous streak.

After that it looks like New Egypt, Outlaw, LOL, Thunder Mountain, and back to Weedsport. Is Las Vegas offering odds on when he WON'T win? :lol: