Jump to content




Sign in to follow this  
80K

Lebanon Valley Speedway

Recommended Posts

Planning to hit up Lebanon Valley for the first time ever this weekend. Few Questions. 

1. What time does the racing start and approximately end? Its a 2 hour 45 minute drive home. I see the site says 5 but is that race time or gate open time? 

2. Is it a good idea to buy the indoor seats ahead of time? Do they sell out? Indoor seating makes it a 2 minute conversation to convince the wife its a good stop on the way home from Mass. Outdoor seating is a 20 minute conversation usually with bargaining involved. 

Thank you in advance for your help/advice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 80K said:

Planning to hit up Lebanon Valley for the first time ever this weekend. Few Questions. 

1. What time does the racing start and approximately end? Its a 2 hour 45 minute drive home. I see the site says 5 but is that race time or gate open time? 

2. Is it a good idea to buy the indoor seats ahead of time? Do they sell out? Indoor seating makes it a 2 minute conversation to convince the wife its a good stop on the way home from Mass. Outdoor seating is a 20 minute conversation usually with bargaining involved. 

Thank you in advance for your help/advice. 

Racing starts at 6pm sharp and with the Sportsman there this week for $2K to win I’d say ending about 10pm “depending on wrecks”. Tower sells out when it’s going to be cold out. You should get in line for reserved or tower seats by 4:30 or so to not be stuck in line for a while. Food is bought with $1 bills only so get change at the log cabin inside before getting in line for food. Have a great time, you will not be disappointed!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I echo what's been said. 5PM gate opens and hot laps start. 6PM on the dot will be the first street stock feature, then probably either Sportsman or Big Block Heats, then on with the show from there. Barring anything crazy, 9:45-10PM for the whole show. 9:15-9:30 if you leave after the Big Blocks.

If you want Tower Seats that's cool, but you won't get dirty at The Valley if that's the need for indoor seating. 

Get a Grinder (Sausage or Meatball), hand cut made in front you fries and a soda. If you get heartburn, bring whatever antacid works for you. It's worth the pain I promise. I think they sprinkle crack in those sandwiches 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And please say hi to the "World's Ugliest 50/50 Girl" at the front gate....

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She can always stay in the car if she doesn't want to get dirty. :)

The Valley is definitely worth a visit. I have heard the indoor tower is great -- the view alone gets you up above the haulers (in the grandstands, you want to sit as high as you can to get a good view of the backstretch). Food is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Art Roraback said:

And please say hi to the "World's Ugliest 50/50 Girl" at the front gate....

That’s you...I’ll introduce myself Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely get the tower seats....well worth the few extra dollars. Enjoy your visit...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, valleyfan said:

That’s you...I’ll introduce myself Saturday.

As a leading goodwill ambassador for the track I love to talk to any and all of the fans. I generally help Lisa sell 50/50 tickets and unfortunately have been working solo as she is currently resting a badly bruised leg. We are glad to provide information to new fans making their first trip to the speedway as well as to chat with long term diehards such as myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you do get tower seats, go check out the view on the roof. It's awesome up there. Best place to view a race anytime, anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

If you do get tower seats, go check out the view on the roof. It's awesome up there. Best place to view a race anytime, anywhere.

This right here every week for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paulgarrow said:

Which row puts you at a window seat, row 1 or 3?

 

Row 1 is against the window

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a tiered system and row one can be a little tough getting so my suggestion would be go with the third row that way you can exit the easiest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 9:25 AM, Art Roraback said:

And please say hi to the "World's Ugliest 50/50 Girl" at the front gate....

My god man , I hope you aren't talking about the disabled girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Danny said:

My god man , I hope you aren't talking about the disabled girl.

No, he’s talking about himself...he’s the guy that helps the disabled girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Danny said:

My god man , I hope you aren't talking about the disabled girl.

I am the ugly older fellow that helps Lisa sell tickets. She is on a medical break and I am fighting the good fight in her absence at the track. Since I usually don't bite say hi to me the next time you enter the front gate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 8:19 AM, valleyfan said:

Racing starts at 6pm sharp and with the Sportsman there this week for $2K to win I’d say ending about 10pm “depending on wrecks”. Tower sells out when it’s going to be cold out. You should get in line for reserved or tower seats by 4:30 or so to not be stuck in line for a while. Food is bought with $1 bills only so get change at the log cabin inside before getting in line for food. Have a great time, you will not be disappointed!!!

This is very accurate information.

They try and run the modified main around 9:00 and the racing is almost always done before 11.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Art Roraback said:

I am the ugly older fellow that helps Lisa sell tickets. She is on a medical break and I am fighting the good fight in her absence at the track. Since I usually don't bite say hi to me the next time you enter the front gate.

Then I will say hi. I always, always buy a 50/50 ticket from Lisa as I walk in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

Then I will say hi. I always, always buy a 50/50 ticket from Lisa as I walk in.

Thanks. I look forward to "meeting" you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first time in years we have a wide open championship battle in the modified division at the Valley. As a fan it is very exciting. The Pro Stocks and the Pure Stocks provide epic battles every week. As a fan you can't ask for more action and excitement than what the Valley provides every single race night. The Sportsmen (not a weekly division) always put on a good show. I have to admit that at the moment Andy Bachetti is smoking the field in the 358's but the competition is pretty good in that division as well. Toss in the family atmosphere and the low cost food concessions and you've got the perfect evening and at a low cost.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Art Roraback said:

Thanks. I look forward to "meeting" you.

 

I will say hello also. As a 35 + year LV regular myself just remember slojunk91 on DTDD.

Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slojunk91 said:

I will say hello also. As a 35 + year LV regular myself just remember slojunk91 on DTDD.

Doug

Hi Doug: I look forward to meeting you. Odds are pretty good that Lisa will finally be back this Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 5:34 PM, Art Roraback said:

I am the ugly older fellow that helps Lisa sell tickets. She is on a medical break and I am fighting the good fight in her absence at the track. Since I usually don't bite say hi to me the next time you enter the front gate.

Ooohhh. Gotcha. You're not so ugly. !:airkiss:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


















×