Sign in to follow this  

Lebanon Valley Speedway

Planning to hit up Lebanon Valley for the first time ever this weekend. Few Questions. 

1. What time does the racing start and approximately end? Its a 2 hour 45 minute drive home. I see the site says 5 but is that race time or gate open time? 

2. Is it a good idea to buy the indoor seats ahead of time? Do they sell out? Indoor seating makes it a 2 minute conversation to convince the wife its a good stop on the way home from Mass. Outdoor seating is a 20 minute conversation usually with bargaining involved. 

Thank you in advance for your help/advice. 

3 minutes ago, 80K said:

Planning to hit up Lebanon Valley for the first time ever this weekend. Few Questions. 

1. What time does the racing start and approximately end? Its a 2 hour 45 minute drive home. I see the site says 5 but is that race time or gate open time? 

2. Is it a good idea to buy the indoor seats ahead of time? Do they sell out? Indoor seating makes it a 2 minute conversation to convince the wife its a good stop on the way home from Mass. Outdoor seating is a 20 minute conversation usually with bargaining involved. 

Thank you in advance for your help/advice. 

Racing starts at 6pm sharp and with the Sportsman there this week for $2K to win I’d say ending about 10pm “depending on wrecks”. Tower sells out when it’s going to be cold out. You should get in line for reserved or tower seats by 4:30 or so to not be stuck in line for a while. Food is bought with $1 bills only so get change at the log cabin inside before getting in line for food. Have a great time, you will not be disappointed!!!

I echo what's been said. 5PM gate opens and hot laps start. 6PM on the dot will be the first street stock feature, then probably either Sportsman or Big Block Heats, then on with the show from there. Barring anything crazy, 9:45-10PM for the whole show. 9:15-9:30 if you leave after the Big Blocks.

If you want Tower Seats that's cool, but you won't get dirty at The Valley if that's the need for indoor seating. 

Get a Grinder (Sausage or Meatball), hand cut made in front you fries and a soda. If you get heartburn, bring whatever antacid works for you. It's worth the pain I promise. I think they sprinkle crack in those sandwiches 😁

• Like 1

And please say hi to the "World's Ugliest 50/50 Girl" at the front gate....

• Haha 3

She can always stay in the car if she doesn't want to get dirty. :)

The Valley is definitely worth a visit. I have heard the indoor tower is great -- the view alone gets you up above the haulers (in the grandstands, you want to sit as high as you can to get a good view of the backstretch). Food is great.

2 hours ago, Art Roraback said:

That’s you...I’ll introduce myself Saturday.

Definitely get the tower seats....well worth the few extra dollars. Enjoy your visit...... 

1 hour ago, valleyfan said:

That’s you...I’ll introduce myself Saturday.

As a leading goodwill ambassador for the track I love to talk to any and all of the fans. I generally help Lisa sell 50/50 tickets and unfortunately have been working solo as she is currently resting a badly bruised leg. We are glad to provide information to new fans making their first trip to the speedway as well as to chat with long term diehards such as myself.

If you do get tower seats, go check out the view on the roof. It's awesome up there. Best place to view a race anytime, anywhere.

2 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

If you do get tower seats, go check out the view on the roof. It's awesome up there. Best place to view a race anytime, anywhere.

This right here every week for me.

2 hours ago, paulgarrow said:

Which row puts you at a window seat, row 1 or 3?

Row 1 is against the window

• Like 1

It’s a tiered system and row one can be a little tough getting so my suggestion would be go with the third row that way you can exit the easiest.

On 5/14/2019 at 9:25 AM, Art Roraback said:

My god man , I hope you aren't talking about the disabled girl.

31 minutes ago, Danny said:

No, he’s talking about himself...he’s the guy that helps the disabled girl.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

I am the ugly older fellow that helps Lisa sell tickets. She is on a medical break and I am fighting the good fight in her absence at the track. Since I usually don't bite say hi to me the next time you enter the front gate.

On 5/14/2019 at 8:19 AM, valleyfan said:

Racing starts at 6pm sharp and with the Sportsman there this week for $2K to win I’d say ending about 10pm “depending on wrecks”. Tower sells out when it’s going to be cold out. You should get in line for reserved or tower seats by 4:30 or so to not be stuck in line for a while. Food is bought with $1 bills only so get change at the log cabin inside before getting in line for food. Have a great time, you will not be disappointed!!!

This is very accurate information.

They try and run the modified main around 9:00 and the racing is almost always done before 11.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Art Roraback said:

I am the ugly older fellow that helps Lisa sell tickets. She is on a medical break and I am fighting the good fight in her absence at the track. Since I usually don't bite say hi to me the next time you enter the front gate.

Then I will say hi. I always, always buy a 50/50 ticket from Lisa as I walk in.

49 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

Then I will say hi. I always, always buy a 50/50 ticket from Lisa as I walk in.

Thanks. I look forward to "meeting" you.

For the first time in years we have a wide open championship battle in the modified division at the Valley. As a fan it is very exciting. The Pro Stocks and the Pure Stocks provide epic battles every week. As a fan you can't ask for more action and excitement than what the Valley provides every single race night. The Sportsmen (not a weekly division) always put on a good show. I have to admit that at the moment Andy Bachetti is smoking the field in the 358's but the competition is pretty good in that division as well. Toss in the family atmosphere and the low cost food concessions and you've got the perfect evening and at a low cost.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Art Roraback said:

Thanks. I look forward to "meeting" you.

I will say hello also. As a 35 + year LV regular myself just remember slojunk91 on DTDD.

Doug

1 hour ago, slojunk91 said:

I will say hello also. As a 35 + year LV regular myself just remember slojunk91 on DTDD.

Doug

Hi Doug: I look forward to meeting you. Odds are pretty good that Lisa will finally be back this Saturday.

On 5/15/2019 at 5:34 PM, Art Roraback said:

Ooohhh. Gotcha. You're not so ugly. !:airkiss: