Brewerton posted on there Facebook they don't want teams entering trough the lot anymore that's interesting. the post also said its been sold, Guess its really not going to happen now. 

Time for Glenn to blame the state again!!  

This sale just shows how much private funding Glenn had lined up (hint: zero)!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAR1972 said:

Time for Glenn to blame the state again!!  

This sale just shows how much private funding Glenn had lined up (hint: zero)!!

Bruno DiMatteo, Carl Meyers and Gary Rowe were all investors. You're right... that's a lot of zero's.

• Like 1

I'm sad that the project never came to fruition because it really sounded like it had a lot of promise to be something great. Unfortunately, just didn't seem to have the right group of people to make it happen in the end. I'm sure there was plenty that went on behind the scenes that none of us are aware of, but what became public information and released out as "news" was truly shameful with how much the information toyed on the heart strings of many in the motorsports industry. 

Almost a decade right since it was announced? Believe it was 2010 or 2011 when we first heard about this project. 

I will say, I'm very grateful that in that time, Weedsport has completely transformed into a small portion of what this facility was expected to be. Sadly Weedsport will never be big enough to handle the same type of events or Super DIRT Week like the proposed CNYRP was going to be able to do, but it's still a state of the art dirt track with all the amenities that would rival any other dirt track in the country as far as from a fan or driver experience. 

It really is unfortunate it never happened . SDW cannot Really grow anymore at Oswego. The facility is utilized to the max. CNYRP had the room for it. 

As I've said so many times.....

I told you so.  Over and over.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GoFast39Fan said:

It really is unfortunate it never happened . SDW cannot Really grow anymore at Oswego. The facility is utilized to the max. CNYRP had the room for it. 

Agree 100%!!  Just unfortunate Glenn kept teasing fans with the "blame the state"  and "we're this close" propaganda all the while private investor $$$ were staying far away from the project.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Bruno DiMatteo, Carl Meyers and Gary Rowe were all investors. You're right... that's a lot of zero's.

But still not enough to get the project off the ground.

• Like 1

From what I was told the land is not sold. There is someone that is becoming involved that didn’t want outside sources using the entrance. There is more to it but I believe there is still a possibility it happens. Call me crazy and nieve but I’d rather have hope that it could still happen than not. 

11 hours ago, foster said:

so who bought it?

Bought,leased or using? 

Great outdoors RV OR Gander/camping world. 

6 hours ago, luke81 said:

As I've said so many times.....

I told you so.  Over and over.  

Thank You......so much

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

None of the above. Plan is still a race track

So you were told one thing,I was told another. 

So the general consensus is that there is no general consensus...Once again, solid information churned out by the rumor mill 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Maybe your right Mike. If I had a property I wasn’t developing immediately and could get some return til I needed it I would. The story I heard makes 100% sense on why Brewerton isn’t allowed to use entrance any more . Hopefully the economy gets better and the dream becomes a reality!

3 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Maybe your right Mike. If I had a property I wasn’t developing immediately and could get some return til I needed it I would. The story I heard makes 100% sense on why Brewerton isn’t allowed to use entrance any more . Hopefully the economy gets better and the dream becomes a reality!

Here’s a look on the economy. 12 years ago when I bought my 1st camper I could get a campsite anywhere the day I wanted to go. NY State parks are now booked out 12 months in advance. The RV business is booming. There’s dispensable income out there apparently. 

20 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Todd Town as well invested a good chunk..

Just now, Mike Coleates said:

Here’s a look on the economy. 12 years ago when I bought my 1st camper I could get a campsite anywhere the day I wanted to go. NY State parks are now booked out 12 months in advance. The RV business is booming. There’s dispensable income out there apparently. 

I agree 100%. Not sure how the economy could get much better then it is currently. Maybe I just live in a bubble. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Damn dude, how much better does it have to get? I've been in business over 30 years and the last 2 have been the best ever.

• Like 2