What happened to Pereggo last night at OCFS? I see he won the held over feature from last week but was dq’d in the second one.

43 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

What happened to Pereggo last night at OCFS? I see he won the held over feature from last week but was dq’d in the second one.

he broke leading the 2nd one and they said he got out of his car on the track and went after cg morey. couldn't see it from the live feed though. 

There is no rule in the rule book about having to stay in your car. Suitcase thinks there is, so he disqualifies people for doing it.

Shouldn't need to be a rule, should be common sense. 

• Like 11

57 minutes ago, By The Book said:

There is no rule in the rule book about having to stay in your car. Suitcase thinks there is, so he disqualifies people for doing it.

I’m hoping this is sarcasm? If a driver gets out of his car on the track and goes after anyone, a suspension should follow the disqualification.....once in the pits, have at it, too much bad can happen on the track.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I’m hoping this is sarcasm? If a driver gets out of his car on the track and goes after anyone, a suspension should follow the disqualification.....once in the pits, have at it, too much bad can happen on the track.

Have at it and then be ready to get cuffed and brought to jail for assault.

4 hours ago, By The Book said:

17. Only    safety    crews    and    wrecker    crews    are    permided    on    the    track    in    the    event    of    an accident.    
18. Pit    crew    members    are    not    permided    on    the track.    
19. No    driver    or    member    may    tamper    with    the    track    surface    during    the    duraKon    of    the event.    
20. Rough    riding    will    be    leh    up    to    the    discreKon    of    the    Race Director    
21. If    he    feels    that    occasion    warrants,    whether    intenKonal    or    not,    a    minimum    fine    of    $100    and/or    
suspension    will    be levied.    
22. Fined    drivers    will    not    be    permided    to    compete    again    unKl    the    fine    is paid.    
23. All    fines    will    be    collected    by    the    OCFS    Pit Steward.

• Like 1

Couldn't make out what the PA announcer said (talks too fast, usually) but I THOUGHT he said Perrego would not be scored, lose all points, and wouldn't get paid for the night.  Not sure if heard that right (hope not) but if that were really the case, he would've lost the $6,000 prize for the holdover feature win too.  Did anyone catch exactly what the penalty will be?  

First prize for bad behavior though goes to the crew guy for the Sportsman driver that flipped on the front stretch.  Both driver and crew guy were dropping f-bombs and berating OCFS staff out on the track that were out to administer to the wrecked car.  From a LONG distance away they could be heard complaining about the "the 33" who they believe has gotten away with a lot of rough riding in previous weeks.  While still in the pit lane, this mature crew fellow dropped his pants to moon the track crew.  Classy.  

3 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Have at it and then be ready to get cuffed and brought to jail for assault.

I agree, it’s not the good old days where you could get in a fight, lick your wounds, drink a beer and come back next week with the issues behind you. Everyone wants to call the cops and sue someone, all I meant was if you want to fight, do it elsewhere, not on a racetrack. Once again, it’s been proven a track with cars moving on it is not the best place to be hashing out issues with another driver.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, B-Train said:

Couldn't make out what the PA announcer said (talks too fast, usually) but I THOUGHT he said Perrego would not be scored, lose all points, and wouldn't get paid for the night.  Not sure if heard that right (hope not) but if that were really the case, he would've lost the $6,000 prize for the holdover feature win too.  Did anyone catch exactly what the penalty will be?  

First prize for bad behavior though goes to the crew guy for the Sportsman driver that flipped on the front stretch.  Both driver and crew guy were dropping f-bombs and berating OCFS staff out on the track that were out to administer to the wrecked car.  From a LONG distance away they could be heard complaining about the "the 33" who they believe has gotten away with a lot of rough riding in previous weeks.  While still in the pit lane, this mature crew fellow dropped his pants to moon the track crew.  Classy.  

Heard they got kicked out for that.

10 hours ago, B-Train said:

He only lost his points and money for that race,he keeps his money and points from the first race

• Like 1

Talked to a person involved with the 44 race team and they stated that the DQ had nothing to do with what happened on track.  it was handed out because as Anthony was walking thru the pits there were words at the Morey pit stall and Anthony grabbed the steering wheel and damaged Morey's car.  Anthony was DQ'd from the second Mod Feature ONLY. No Money, No Points. That's it. He is still able to compete in the 358 race that was postponed and if he wins that race he'll get $6000.00 for the win and the $6000.00 bonus.

Question, Could the on track incident in some way be retaliation for the horrendous accident CG had last year at Eastern States?? Was Anthony involved with that??  Just asking..

No Anthony was not  involved in that accident. He had already qualified for the 200.

• Like 1

I think Karma bit Anthony a little bit. He made a questionable pass to win 2 weeks ago and this week its comes back to bite him. 

I think the bottom line and this is especially in the Sportsman class, the track needs to enact rough riding rules and penalties. Then enforce them strictly. There are a handful of drivers who week in and week out make dumb driving decisions and it usually costs someone else a lot of money in repairs. You put them a few spots back for avoidable contact, then to the back of the field, park them for the night and if they still don't get it, then you sit them for a week. The only way to change behavior is to address it and thus far it has gone unaddressed so people keep on doing as they do. The big thing is to have a conversation with the parties so they understand why. Communication is the key thing and that is not a strong point for the folks at OCFS. I hope they work on this. 

Running sportsmen and the new guys or rookies was a mistake. They run a non qualifier race anyway split them up again

17 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

still have yet to see perrego in a graham racing car.. whats up with that deal ?

They had 1 race so far and he is racing oc for points since it pays 40k for the championship 

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:26 PM, rpm72x said:

No sarcasm. Drivers have been getting out of their cars for as long as there have been accidents. They hold their palms upside down with their arms outstretched, they point at the offender, they point at their head as the offender goes by, maybe give them the middle finger salute. Often they are just mad in general and need to walk back to their pit to let off steam. It is a part of the sport. The fans get a kick out of it, and the officials know who to keep an eye on. Getting out of your car when the field is safely under yellow is not dangerous.

Once in the pits, yell and scream all you want, but throw a punch and you are out for 2 weeks. And if you punch an official who is trying to break it up, out for a year.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, KrashMender said:

Talked to a person involved with the 44 race team and they stated that the DQ had nothing to do with what happened on track.  it was handed out because as Anthony was walking thru the pits there were words at the Morey pit stall and Anthony grabbed the steering wheel and damaged Morey's car.  Anthony was DQ'd from the second Mod Feature ONLY. No Money, No Points. That's it. He is still able to compete in the 358 race that was postponed and if he wins that race he'll get $6000.00 for the win and the $6000.00 bonus.

Question, Could the on track incident in some way be retaliation for the horrendous accident CG had last year at Eastern States?? Was Anthony involved with that??  Just asking..

I watched Anthony as he walked through the pits. Morey was still out on the track, so Anthony took out his frustrations on Morey's air jack. I don't think the jack was any worse for the wear, it didn't even fall over.:) One of Morey's crew guys started following Anthony but another held him back and I think that was it. Yes, the announcement in the stands was that getting out of his car was what the penalty was for. Miscommunication somewhere.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scotty29 said:

I think Karma bit Anthony a little bit. He made a questionable pass to win 2 weeks ago and this week its comes back to bite him. 

I think the bottom line and this is especially in the Sportsman class, the track needs to enact rough riding rules and penalties. Then enforce them strictly. There are a handful of drivers who week in and week out make dumb driving decisions and it usually costs someone else a lot of money in repairs. You put them a few spots back for avoidable contact, then to the back of the field, park them for the night and if they still don't get it, then you sit them for a week. The only way to change behavior is to address it and thus far it has gone unaddressed so people keep on doing as they do. The big thing is to have a conversation with the parties so they understand why. Communication is the key thing and that is not a strong point for the folks at OCFS. I hope they work on this. 

I agree with you. Problem is that there is only one official who makes all the calls. The guys in the corners are flag wavers. He thinks he is so good he can do it all by himself. I don't know why he keeps letting guys pull out of line on the starts. Really not hard to see that.

Racing etiquette hasn’t been one of OCFS’s notable points for many years. And the quality of drivers has been on a decline for years as well.  Ok, Hearn is back, Gular is here, but Perrego is clearly the top driver/car in the modified field today. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hearn agreed to come back only if OC had the fastest in time trials start up front. And I don’t blame him. Perrego was lucky he didn’t get walled by Janiak coming out of turn four going for the lead in the first feature as Janiak made every blocking move he could for two laps. I’ve watched Perrego for many years become the driver he is today with the help of a devoted father. But I’ve said this before here, to beat Hearn in the points, he’s gonna have to dial it back a bit. No need to be that aggressive with a half track lead. I do think he’s gonna gain some attention with the Graham ride. Much more deserving than an overrated Mad Max in my opinion.

• Confused 1