DiamondDog

Money In The Mountains @ Big Diamond Speedway May 31st

A week from tomorrow at the BDS the much anticipated ‘Money In The Mountains’ 2019 edition will take place...$10,000 on the line for 60 laps of fast and furious action on the new clay surface at the Diamond for the Open Modifieds...Rules for the mods on this night will follow the Short Track Super Series rulebook, NO SAIL PANELS...And the winner of this race will be a guaranteed starter for the Short Track Super Series race just a few days later Tuesday June 4th...Also on the card next Friday will be the Sportsman Modifieds, Street Stocks, Road Runners and Legend Cars...Make your plans now to BE THERE!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

Did they cancel yet ?

2 weeks ago 

• Like 1

Should be a good show, might be a night to bring the tent. Could be a long night with 5 divisions running

• Like 3

Friday, May 31: 💰Money in the Mountains💰 Modified 60, $10,000 to win, Sportsman, Roadrunners, Street Stocks, Central PA Legends. Fire Management Control of Pennsylvania Night. 

*Roadrunners & Street Stocks will be feature only if 15 or less cars. 
*Modifieds will follow the Short Track Super Series south rules, no sail panels.
*Draw for position, 24 car feature.
*Fuel stop will be lap 35.  No adjustments besides fuel and tire pressure. 
*Winner will also receive a guaranteed starting spot in the June 4 anthracite assault. 

Gates open at 5:30
Warm ups 7:15
Racing 7:45

General admission is $30
Students 13-16 $20 (proof of age required)
Kids 11-12 $10 (proof of age required)
Kids 10 and under are free 
Active military with valid ID are free

• Like 1

Wow !! ANOTHER  5 division show on a Friday night starting at 7:45 ! Brutal ! What time of the morning did last Friday night's 5 division show get done ??

17 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

Wow !! ANOTHER  5 division show on a Friday night starting at 7:45 ! Brutal ! What time of the morning did last Friday night's 5 division show get done ??

With having all the rainouts to start the year schedule had to be adjusted and jumbled, after this weeks MITM the schedule will pretty much be back to original format (other than topless mod race)...5 division shows are not the norm and never will be...Modified feature will be ran first after intermission...And adjustments to the RR and SS were made also if you read my above post.

Dog, keep the updates coming. Ignore the BS. Keep posting the info.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sheppard9s said:

Is there a reason they start so late

Is 15 minutes that big a deal?

On a FRIDAY no less.

two of the friday tracks closest to my home start at 730

Ironically a couple of the midweek shows  coming soon are  actually scheduled to start at 800.

Also, Big Diamond is not a track that runs the headline class last. The mods normally run first or second

• Like 1

Per a few of my friends that were at Diamond on Friday- Mod feature was over at 12:30 AM and ran after URC Sprint feature. 

Update-The money in the mountains event will be 50 laps and not 60, we will have a fuel stop
at lap 30.  The roadrunners & street stocks will be feature only if 15 or less cars sign in.  This should help our night go a little quicker as we look forward to getting back to our normal schedule next week. 

Friday, May 31: 💰Money in the Mountains💰 Modified 60, $10,000 to win, Sportsman, Roadrunners, Street Stocks, Central PA Legends. Fire Management Control of Pennsylvania Night. 

*Modifieds will follow the Short Track Super Series south rules, no sail panels.
*Draw for position, 24 car feature.
*Fuel stop will be lap 30.  No adjustments besides fuel and tire pressure. 
*Winner will also receive a guaranteed starting spot in the June 4 anthracite assault. 

Gates open at 5:30
Warm ups 7:15
Racing 7:45

General admission is $30
Students 13-16 $20 (proof of age required)
Kids 11-12 $10 (proof of age required)
Kids 10 and under are free 
Active military with valid ID are free

As for this Friday’s MITM race some of the speedways non-regulars that have said they would be there...Ryan Watt, Jimmy Horton, David VanHorn,  Anthony Perrego, Mike Gular, Danny Bouc, Billy Van Pelt, Doug Manmiller, I believe Brandon Grosso also...Throw in Strunk, CVD, Howard, Pauch Jr, Godown, Laubach, Cozze, plus a whole host of other BDS regulars, should be a pretty awesome show with $10K on the line.

mod feature was over around 12 last week, i left the parking lot about 12:15, still had 3 features to run. The delays were an culmination of many factors. 

On 5/27/2019 at 7:01 PM, leroy said:

Is 15 minutes that big a deal?

On a FRIDAY no less.

two of the friday tracks closest to my home start at 730

Ironically a couple of the midweek shows  coming soon are  actually scheduled to start at 800.

Also, Big Diamond is not a track that runs the headline class last. The mods normally run first or second

15 minutes definitely can be a big deal. Keep in mind that we are talkin about short track racing here.  It's the only sport that has an advertised starting time that frequently turns into will start whenever we feel like getting around to it. Or a printed ad will give one starting time, the tracks web page or Facebook page will give a second starting time and a sign at the track will give a third starting time. it's just another example of how short track racing can be its own worst enemy at times.

Even with the 5 divisions and a brief intermission, modified feature was on the track at 9:30 last night (street stock feature was just before intermission). Not sure what time the sportsman, legends, and roadrunners finished, but they did a really nice job of moving the show along all night. 

• Like 1

That’s fantastic to hear ! Heard from friends that attended that SB feature was over by 10:30. Keep doing that 3 or 4 times in a row to prove it wasn’t a one off, and i’ll Certainly make it a point to return. I loved Big D when Todd B, Dave D and....,forget the last guy(sorry.....was it one of the Beivers?) promoted and ran the races up there. Those guys put a lot of $ and  needed infrastructure into that place. Would love to hear about Big D doing well again and have it be true !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle tom said:

That’s fantastic to hear ! Heard from friends that attended that SB feature was over by 10:30. Keep doing that 3 or 4 times in a row to prove it wasn’t a one off, and i’ll Certainly make it a point to return. I loved Big D when Todd B, Dave D and....,forget the last guy(sorry.....was it one of the Beivers?) promoted and ran the races up there. Those guys put a lot of $ and  needed infrastructure into that place. Would love to hear about Big D doing well again and have it be true !

Buddy Biever, and I agree!