Sign in to follow this  
Eagleonemotorsports

Anyone Got A Spare Sprint Car????

29 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Ok let me see if you guys are even reading what your posting or don’t have a clue the cost of racing.

first 

con7 

you tell me SDW A main purse of 176,000 dwarfs the Nationals 120,000 and Tuscarora 110,000 Amazon purse. Now I went to school awhile ago but when I did the larger number wasn’t the dwarf the smaller ones were.is this the new math they are talking about?

also a brand new best of everything big block car will run you around 32-35,000. A sprint car best of everything is about 22,000. 

A front axle assembly for a modified is 2,000 plus and a sprint car is 850.

a new big block engine is 50,000 plus last I knew a sprint car was 45,000. 

Id say your top big block teams have 3 complete cars minimum plus spares. Sprint cars usually 2 with another spare engine. 

So unless I’m missing something big blocks are probably more expensive 

I’d say the tire bill for sdw and Knoxville are on par with each other with the fuel expense for sdw more than the alcohol for knoxville

burtonfan, 

when you figure what I’ve explained above and add in $180 pit pass for at least 8-10 per car I’d like to see what your basing you info on? You need that many for pit stop counting driver and the spotter. Then figure in hotels and food for the small army:) You can run a sprint car with 4 . 

What are you talking about? Con7 knows his stuff when it comes to Sprint Car racing.  If he isn't the most knowledgeable Sprint Car poster on this board, he is in the conversation.

The Sunday Modified purse is about $50,000 more than the Williams Grove National Open and Port's Tuscorora 50, although the Grove and Port don't require drivers be there for the better part of a week. Con7 was exactly right with everything he wrote. The Grove and Port do also pay a complete purse on their preliminary night, whcih puts them in line with the total DIRT Week Modified purse.

Top running National 410 teams are spending more than $45,000 on engines. Here is a link to a 2012 story on engine builder Ron Shaver that talks about Shaver's 410 Sprint Car engines going for "upwards of $65,000."

https://www.enginelabs.com/features/shop-tours/a-peek-inside-ron-shavers-engine-shop/

Plus they guys on the woo tour are changing motors and rearends every 5-6 races to get rebuilt. They usually have 5-6 motors 2-3 on the road 2-3 at the shop getting rebuilt. That has to be a very pricey. I couldn’t imagine the bill on that every year. 

On 5/24/2019 at 10:26 AM, Josh Bayko said:

The Eldora Million paid a million for first and 50k for second. It was just the standard  Dream purse with 900k added to the top. 

Thank you. I always forget about that.

IIRC Earl's Mopar Million paid $200k to win, and $20k to start. I remember reading that Earl asked the drivers if they want wings, or not. They chose no wings, and had the purse structured to give everybody a chance for "big" money. That show had over 130 cars signed in.

20 hours ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Knoxville Nationals pays $10,000 to start also don’t they currently?

$9500. Knoxville is on another level altogether. 

On 5/25/2019 at 5:31 AM, WMR Racing said:

Plus they guys on the woo tour are changing motors and rearends every 5-6 races to get rebuilt. They usually have 5-6 motors 2-3 on the road 2-3 at the shop getting rebuilt. That has to be a very pricey. I couldn’t imagine the bill on that every year. 

A mid level WoO owner a few years back said it cost them over $5k per race in expenses. If you race 80 times per year that’s over $400k and that’s not one of the top teams. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 1:38 AM, FightForTheRail said:

What are you talking about? Con7 knows his stuff when it comes to Sprint Car racing.  If he isn't the most knowledgeable Sprint Car poster on this board, he is in the conversation.

The Sunday Modified purse is about $50,000 more than the Williams Grove National Open and Port's Tuscorora 50, although the Grove and Port don't require drivers be there for the better part of a week. Con7 was exactly right with everything he wrote. The Grove and Port do also pay a complete purse on their preliminary night, whcih puts them in line with the total DIRT Week Modified purse.

Top running National 410 teams are spending more than $45,000 on engines. Here is a link to a 2012 story on engine builder Ron Shaver that talks about Shaver's 410 Sprint Car engines going for "upwards of $65,000."

https://www.enginelabs.com/features/shop-tours/a-peek-inside-ron-shavers-engine-shop/

Thanks FFTR, I was hoping you could be the voice of reason as you often on here. Haha

As for the definition of “dwarfs”:

cause to seem small or insignificant in comparison.

The bigger number always dwarfs the smaller numbers. 

• Like 1