Why did Fonda run Support classes before the headline classes. Knowing that the rain was coming and they even said they knew it was coming screwed again. What a way to lose fans.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, tsc said:

Why did Fonda run Support classes before the headline classes. Knowing that the rain was coming and they even said they knew it was coming screwed again. What a way to lose fans.

I mean you can really change the schedule mid show and screw the other classes about to go out. Malta had 3 features before the mods and it was raining during the events

• Like 2

Lebanon Valley announced at 650 that they were forgoing hotlaps for the BB and SB in favor of rushing the show along. Got in the SB,pro stock and BB feature before the rain. Not a moment too soon as it started raining moments after the checkered flag waved.  

Well fonda did start there show about 25 mins early and it rained on lap 15 of the pro stocks.   Do u really think they would have pushed off all the sprints and got them to halfway? I doubt it.  Rain was close when the pro stock feature started. 

Most likely not. But they could have ran the mods or sprint cars before the street stock and the Pro Stock classes that is what most of the people pay to see on a holiday schedule.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, tsc said:

Most likely not. But they could have ran the mods or sprint cars before the street stock and the Pro Stock classes that is what most of the people pay to see on a holiday schedule.

That may be the case but the "support" classes dont get the credit they deserve. The way I look at it is I'm glad cars were on the track 

• Like 3

They should run nothing but the modified class. Dump all the support classes just run 1 class. Skip hot laps and heat races. Line the cars up in the order they show up at the pit gate. Don't worry about a winners interview. Hand them their trophy while they are driving out the pit gate. Some fans don't have time for all the extra crap.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

This move is one of many non fan friendly moves NY promoters pulled over the years  that turned NY modified tracks from tracks that could rely on a good front gate to ones that have to please the back gate to survive. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, con7 said:

This move is one of many non fan friendly moves NY promoters pulled over the years  that turned NY modified tracks from tracks that could rely on a good front gate to ones that have to please the back gate to survive. 

What move is that?  They raced non stop from 6:40 until the rain hit at 8:30.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, tsc said:

16 hours ago, tsc said:

Maybe you should count the cars and decide what class is the support class!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

What move is that?  They raced non stop from 6:40 until the rain hit at 8:30.  

Not running your headline divisions first. That was what people used to pay for. Now most of the dismal weekly  crowds most tracks get  are affiliated in some way with the race teams. 

• Like 2

I can't think of a single track, in or out of NY that runs its headline division first

14 hours ago, brian moore said:

They should run nothing but the modified class. Dump all the support classes just run 1 class. Skip hot laps and heat races. Line the cars up in the order they show up at the pit gate. Don't worry about a winners interview. Hand them their trophy while they are driving out the pit gate. Some fans don't have time for all the extra crap.

You forgot that they should also lower the admission charge to $4.................

13 minutes ago, chas71 said:

You forgot that they should also lower the admission charge to $4.................

You can't run just modifieds with $4 grandstand admission. The only crowd you will have is those cranky bastards who get on here to complain about low class racers being allowed on the track before the the modified has completed their portion of the show. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fiend540 said:

I can't think of a single track, in or out of NY that runs its headline division first

Almost all of the Sprint Car and Modified tracks in central/eastern PA and New Jersey run the headline division first. Con7 is right about it being a New York thing not to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

Almost all of the Sprint Car and Modified tracks in central/eastern PA and New Jersey run the headline division first. Con7 is right about it being a New York thing not to do so.

So, if that is what the fan wants to watch,  and they know where there is a track that runs that way. They should get in the car and drive to the track that will accommodate them. 

Nobody is in here calling out Fulton or LoL for the exact same thing happening. What’s that about? Oh wait, it’s Fonda, so guys are looking for shit to bitch about.

• Thanks 1

Fonda has run 5 weeks in 2019, the only thing we can bitch about is what class runs when on a sat night? If you where not happy this past sat night at Fonda, do Brett, all his team and the rest of us a favor, dont come back!! This thread is a prime example of whats wrong with the sport in todays society! Thank god people like this are in the minority!! I spent 30 bucks to get in sat., wife and I where bummed it rained when it did, but guess what, we had fun until it rained! Next week and thru the rest of the season when we can be there, we will be grateful for the opportunity we are being given to be there! Many, many more should think the same way!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

I didn't know that about the PA tracks, but out west here in CO/KS its run the same as NY

• Like 1

I love the reaction to valid criticisms. “Don’t come back” or “drive 3-4 hrs away if that’s what you want” and my all time favorite “this is what’s wrong with society”. 

Only in short track racing do you pay for something, not get it, not get your money back and when you complain, you’re told “your money isn’t wanted here anymore. Except for the money we just took from you, that’s ours.” 

I wasnt picking on Fonda specifically, this is all NY tracks that play this game. 

• Like 1

Let’s face it, it’s a promotors dream when they get the heats in and the rain comes.   The crowd was pretty light with the bad weather forecast.   Now they will pack the place for double features.  

This is nothing against fonda though.   Brett did what he could to try and get the show in.  I guess he should have just canceled at 7am like Pete use to do and not even try 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, con7 said:

I love the reaction to valid criticisms. “Don’t come back” or “drive 3-4 hrs away if that’s what you want” and my all time favorite “this is what’s wrong with society”. 

Only in short track racing do you pay for something, not get it, not get your money back and when you complain, you’re told “your money isn’t wanted here anymore. Except for the money we just took from you, that’s ours.” 

I wasnt picking on Fonda specifically, this is all NY tracks that play this game. 

Somebody should grab ahold of you and shake you till you come to your senses.  The weather was for eventual rain. They ran the program off as best as they could and it rained before they completed it.  Features will be made up. Stop whining! Dirt racing has operated like this for years. Cant keep everybody happy.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, fiend540 said:

Lernerville runs its three headliners first before it’s one support class. 

4 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Somebody should grab ahold of you and shake you till you come to your senses.  The weather was for eventual rain. They ran the program off as best as they could and it rained before they completed it.  Features will be made up. Stop whining! Dirt racing has operated like this for years. Cant keep everybody happy.

Sometimes change is good sometimes change is bad but I think that this would be a good change if someone wants to sit through the other classes you're more than welcome