Sign in to follow this  
racermurray

STSS vs SDS----entertainment factor

32 minutes ago, oilman said:

Maybe now they are, but not 20 years ago. So, people have that opinion from those days.

So you are basing your opinions on how things were 20 years ago? Do you use this model with everything in your life? If you answer yes, you are severely outdated.

1 hour ago, jumper12a said:

So you are basing your opinions on how things were 20 years ago? Do you use this model with everything in your life? If you answer yes, you are severely outdated.

Better tell that to the MAGA crowd then.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blowinblackboogers said:

Ok. The track slows down. So those that want fair, begin the TT with the drivers last in points and end with Sheppard. Instead Sheppard draws in the first group to TT last Monday at Weedsport and gets the fastest time of everyone. He apparently got lucky then to draw in that group! My point pertains to SDS vs STSS entertainment factor. The SDS is thinking about “fairness” as opposed to the “the luck of the draw” for heats which the STSS mostly does. So the SDS institutes TT (not entertaining to me), then drivers in TT  groups race against the same drivers in heats (redundant, not entertaining). In their attempt to attain “fairness”, on a midweek event, it seems drawn out. I get it, drivers want a fair playing field. So let’s have sealed engines all by the same manufacturer, have Teo, Bickell, etc. bid to supply frames for drivers, same with shocks, limit overall spending per team, drivers can only have 2 team members with them in pits at one time, no haulers with sleep units, on down the line. Oh, too much for you? That’s my point as someone paying to watch a race, in SDS attempt to make things fair, you are losing fans, it’s not entertaining (and like it or not, drivers are still using the luck of the draw for TT). How’s “fair” working out for NASCAR these days? How many more variables can they add to make things “more fair”. Oh yea, they’re removing whole sections of stands these days. And then we wonder why another dirt track closes. OCFS, been going there since 70’s, went to TT this regular season (along with other issues), is the worst racing I’ve ever seen there.

I keep it simple. I think SDS races usually suck and are expensive to attend so I very rarely go to them.  Watching fast cars start up front is boring. I like the STSS shows because they are more exciting and reasonably priced for me to attend. 

• Like 3

Super DIRTcar Series congratulate the top 3 from last night's STSS win.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Must have been more entertaining to watch the 9s come from the back instead of row 2 or 3.

It sure was lol...From 21st to 1st, Matt Williamson from 25th to 3rd...The 50 lap feature was super entertaining, with Godown on the bottom, Grosso pounding the top lap after lap getting aside n catching Godown but just couldn’t tug the lead away...Pauch Jr was putting on a show also running the top groove...And it was just methodical watching Super Matt do what he does so well...Just a really great night at BDS last night, mods were over by 10pm, like lil to no dust in the 50 lap feature on a sunny n breezy day, Crate Sportsman then run their feature off non stop with a first time winner Nate Brinker taking the win...First time ever this race was run under sunny skies and no chance of rain and a BIG crowd came out to witness it.

• Like 5

On 6/2/2019 at 4:59 PM, jumper12a said:

I didn't say me jackass, I said "people".

I could care less myself.

On 6/1/2019 at 12:04 AM, jumper12a said:

This debate is soooooo old. NE Modified fans are the only people who consistently whine about TT’s. They’re used in almost every major form of racing & sanctioning bodies. Yet, nowhere else in the country do you hear the chronic whining. Sorry folks, the business model used by WRG, and everyone else, has been & continues to be widely successful. It’s time to move on to another topic.

No time trials at Big Diamond last night. Show starts at 7:30. Mod feature ends at 10! Sheppard...well, I’m sure you read the results. Keep telling yourself the WRG business model and the SDS is widely successful. You are fake news after all. Eat your heart out! The STSS is much more entertaining! Oh yea... oilman called you a jackass? That’s uncalled for! I think more appropriately jumperjackass! :blum:

6 hours ago, oilman said:

I didn't say me jackass, I said "people".

I could care less myself.

That makes 2 of us. I couldn’t care less for yourself either.

5 hours ago, blowinblackboogers said:

You are fake news after all. Eat your heart out!

I’m sorry to disappoint you, cannibalism really isn’t my thing. Especially to oneself.

• Like 1

How impressive was Sheppard's corner drive there? He seemed to power out of the corners wayyyyy better than everyone. The move he made in 3 and 4 earlier in the race that had the announcer laughing was something else.

Honestly, all you can do is just tip your cap at this point. I don't know what's going to happen to change it, because right now it seems like everyone is racing for 2nd when the 9s pulls into the pits. 

• Like 2