Hard black slick and dusty in warmups.   Atleast the drivers/owners will be happy this week 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

5 laps into the makeup sportsman race and 2 red flags, 2 flips.  Hmmmm.   So a wet track is rough on  Racecars? Maybe they can’t see with the dust idk lol 

Rocky, stew, Bobby varin.  None of them could get to the top 4 in the heat to get handicapped but this is what the DRIVERS/owners wanted to race on.   We thank you.  We are enjoying watching your tires spin as u go NOWHERE.  

Hey but its smooth that a that matters I guess 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

His lucky night that Super Matt didn't show up, oh I forgot he needs lunch money after a great performance in Texas🤣

3 hours ago, 22racingteam said:

5 laps into the makeup sportsman race and 2 red flags, 2 flips.  Hmmmm.   So a wet track is rough on  Racecars? Maybe they can’t see with the dust idk lol 

Maybe someone should have gone to the Valley tonight. I’m not trying to pick on you but slick tracks are pretty much the norm these days in NY. It is what it is.

2 hours ago, 22racingteam said:

Rocky, stew, Bobby varin.  None of them could get to the top 4 in the heat to get handicapped but this is what the DRIVERS/owners wanted to race on.   We thank you.  We are enjoying watching your tires spin as u go NOWHERE.  

Ok enough we get it. Let me ask a serious question. Can you find one positive thing so far tonight? Without being a smart ass. 

6 minutes ago, montess said:

Maybe someone should have gone to the Valley tonight. I’m not trying to pick on you but slick tracks are pretty much the norm these days in NY. It is what it is.

Ok enough we get it. Let me ask a serious question. Can you find one positive thing so far tonight? Without being a smart ass. 

No rain🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

No rain🤷‍♂️

True. But from the sounds of it that’s what you really wanted for the track to make it tacky. Thing is it’s a fine line to make the track tacky enough to please the fans. Yet slick enough to please the drivers. Damn if you do. Damn if you don’t. No win situation for the track promoter. 

13 minutes ago, montess said:

True. But from the sounds of it that’s what you really wanted for the track to make it tacky. Thing is it’s a fine line to make the track tacky enough to please the fans. Yet slick enough to please the drivers. Damn if you do. Damn if you don’t. No win situation for the track promoter. 

I understand that I do.  But come on the track during the heats races was terrible.   Lucia did make the track decent for the first mod feature.  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

I understand that I do.  But come on the track during the heats races was terrible.   Lucia did make the track decent for the first mod feature.  

Heat races were terrible @ Weedport cause dry slick. Guess what Big Diamond Deyo race had very little passing cause track was heavy. You get my point? Not every heat race or feature can be a barn burner. Admit you were crying pretty bad tonight. Just sit back and be thankful your at a racetrack. It could be worse. 

• Like 1

So serious question, from this forum it sounds like the same old Fonda, dry and slick with track prep mid race and friesen wins. Correct?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PatsJags14 said:

So serious question, from this forum it sounds like the same old Fonda, dry and slick with track prep mid race and friesen wins. Correct?

Yes but they do have re-entry 🙂

Montess I guess I just miss the tracks of the 80’s and 90’s.   Isn’t it ok to cry sometimes though? I mean why can’t I, people cried last week when it was to wet for them?   On a positive note I finally atleast had the right color in the 50/50 🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Montess I guess I just miss the tracks of the 80’s and 90’s.   Isn’t it ok to cry sometimes though? I mean why can’t I, people cried last week when it was to wet for them?   On a positive note I finally atleast had the right color in the 50/50 🤣

True. But boy have things changed in dirt racing sense then. I can remember going to Brewerton in the early late 90’s/early 2000’s & the track had a big cushion. Haven’t seen that there in forever. Even when it rains it’s not like the old days. 

• Like 1

I took my neighbor tonight and he said it was the best night of racing he has ever been to. Yup, the modified heats left a lot to be desired, but I understand the surface is still a work in progress with the ground water finally dropping and the weather cooperating finally. They were darn close tonight because the features were great in all classes.

And no, it is not the same old Fonda. Friesen won the first feature by about half a car, and finished third in the second probably less than half a second behind Danny Varin. Friesen had a shot at the second one, But Rocky bided his time and snuck under him while he was trying to work over Varin for the lead. 

On 6/8/2019 at 8:00 PM, 22racingteam said:

Not what i wanted to see! Track took rubber in pro stock warm ups, where were we going from there?

Lap times were 2 seconds slower than last week, no sense advertising  Big Block Modifieds without adding a caveat  "on Ice". Might just as well have made it big small blocks only! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/8/2019 at 11:09 PM, 22racingteam said:

The problem is many places cant be tacky without being really rough. If you can get a track to be tacky without being 1 line through the middle and keep the holes out of it you wont have nearly as many complaints from drivers.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR LUCRATIVE FIRECRACKER 50 AT FONDA SPEEDWAY JULY 3

The Bob Hilbert Sportswear Short Track Super Series Fueled By Sunoco Racing invades Fonda Speedway Wednesday, July 3 for the Fuccillo Automotive Group Firecracker 50 presented by Teo Pro Car. A huge payout - including $10,000 to win - has been posted!

Position Payout
1 $10,000 
2 $4,000 
3 $3,000 
4 $2,000 
5 $1,500 
6 $1,150 
7 $1,125 
8 $1,100 
9 $1,050 
10 $1,000 
11 $750 
12 $650 
13 $550 
14 $450 
15 $425 
16 $415 
17 $405 
18 $400 
19 $400 
20 $400 
21 $400 
22 $400 
23 $400 
24 $400 
North Prov. $200 
North Prov. $200 
Track Pr. Buy-In

I cant even dream what will be cried about wrong with this?? 

1 minute ago, J. Downing said:

The Bob Hilbert Sportswear Short Track Super Series Fueled By Sunoco Racing invades Fonda Speedway Wednesday, July 3 for the Fuccillo Automotive Group Firecracker 50 presented by Teo Pro Car. A huge payout - including $10,000 to win - has been posted!

Position Payout
1 $10,000 
2 $4,000 
3 $3,000 
4 $2,000 
5 $1,500 
6 $1,150 
7 $1,125 
8 $1,100 
9 $1,050 
10 $1,000 
11 $750 
12 $650 
13 $550 
14 $450 
15 $425 
16 $415 
17 $405 
18 $400 
19 $400 
20 $400 
21 $400 
22 $400 
23 $400 
24 $400 
North Prov. $200 
North Prov. $200 
Track Pr. Buy-In

Also there is $5000 in lap money 

2 minutes ago, J. Downing said:

Position Payout
1 $10,000 
2 $4,000 
3 $3,000 
4 $2,000 
5 $1,500 
6 $1,150 
7 $1,125 
8 $1,100 
9 $1,050 
10 $1,000 
11 $750 
12 $650 
13 $550 
14 $450 
15 $425 
16 $415 
17 $405 
18 $400 
19 $400 
20 $400 
21 $400 
22 $400 
23 $400 
24 $400 
North Prov. $200 
North Prov. $200 
Track Pr. Buy-In

Top heavy purse...just saying.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, valleyfan said:

Top heavy purse...just saying.

Like the Valley purse aren't

2 hours ago, J. Downing said:

Take a little off the top & start 30/32 cars and pay $600 to start instead but isn't my $$$ or track. $10K to win does sound nice but the way this season has been going there are only 2 drivers out there that I feel will cash in the top prize. Sheppard and of course Friesen since this race is at Fonda. I'd love to see someone different win for a change trust me and is why my butt will be in the grandstands this evening but is going to be a long summer of seeing Sheppard cash in I think no matter what series he is racing. 

4 hours ago, Big said:

Like the Valley purse aren't

This “aren’t” a Valley thread.