KB19

Unofficial Wayyyyy Too Early to Talk about OCFS 100th Anniversary Show

Thanks to KB’s work looks like we’re sitting at 37 100 percent confirmed cars about a month out. Unfortunately unless we see a crazy spike, I think the cynics are going to win this one with the car count being in the 60-70 range. Which will clearly be NOTHING to sneeze at. That’s an incredible field of cars that should hopefully put on a great show for all that can attend.

Im curious if they are going to consider video streaming the race. I’d pay a decent amount of money to watch the race from my house. The Knoxville Nationals were a hair under $50 last year for the final night. I would consider doing the same for this race if it was around that price.

1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Im curious if they are going to consider video streaming the race. I’d pay a decent amount of money to watch the race from my house. The Knoxville Nationals were a hair under $50 last year for the final night. I would consider doing the same for this race if it was around that price.

Not sure if the track is planning on streaming it or not. 

The internet there is kinda sketchy at times, particularly when they have big events.  I know that last year for ESW they had a hell of a time with it, and even our broadcast this year for the Hard Clay Open struggled at times due to low (or limited) bandwidth at the track.  

I also know they have been doing some straight to Facebook stuff over the past few weeks without much issue from what I can tell.  That being said, the video quality that folks are willing to put up with for free versus them paying is drastically different.

-----

On a side note, it looks like I'm not going to be making the trip.  Airfare is just too crazy to get there.

• Like 1

Called for tickets shortly after 12 noon and was told there was a waiting list and someone would call me back. Left my name and number with them. Still waiting.

First time in Middletown. I see there is two different stands available to sit. One of those the first six rows are already sold out or reserved. The bigger stands all seems available.

where would you suggest us to reserve our seats?

15 minutes ago, LaVoix said:

First time in Middletown. I see there is two different stands available to sit. One of those the first six rows are already sold out or reserved. The bigger stands all seems available.

As high as you can get in the half covered grand stands are great seats

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ferg3298 said:

As high as you can get in the half covered grand stands are great seats

I would suggest the same

2 hours ago, LaVoix said:

Rent a scissor lift and park it on the drive in side.

4 hours ago, frank rizzo said:

Called for tickets shortly after 12 noon and was told there was a waiting list and someone would call me back. Left my name and number with them. Still waiting.

Just buy online through OCFS app or their website. Got tix in Red Half covered grandstand Row M.  Row N I think is the highest row but with the beams for the “half cover” you could get an obstruction in front of you there so I played it safe. I looked at covered grandstand but I think they only had row I left (O is highest row) so I think half covered is the best bet now.

I was looking at the Ticketmaster options, seems like they only have the 3-day package available in the full covered grandstands. Does anyone know if this option is going to be added to the half covered or will they have to be bought individually for each day? 

I see there is also a 2-day package available for Friday and Saturday, but that is currently only being offered for the drive-in section. 

Really have to call the track to get what you want. There are tons of seats, but only if you buy individually. You can't pick a three day ticket and then pick the seats you want if you want the half covered on the website. If you go individual, you have pick of the litter at the moment.

Have to see what the boys want to do. Might be pit pass one night, G/A one night, then reserved ticket for the big dance.

Was put on a waiting list yesterday. No call, so I call the speedway again today. Told them I called yesterday and was put on a waiting list. Also told them I called numerous times before they actually went on sale. Young woman put me on hold and another woman picked up, I explained the situation to her and ordered my tickets. She was very nice and helpful. 

1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

I might be adjusting my over/under back to 60...41 confirmed at this point and we're under 3 weeks away. 

Don't read too much into this thread. I really haven't been doing a very good job of talking to people.

2 hours ago, KB19 said:

Tim Hindley out of the 8a, calling it a career.

Bachetti and Ricky Davis confirmed.

Think it would save a lot  of people some time and money if they’d just write the check out to the “Wild Child” Andy Bachetti right now !!!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

Think it would save a lot  of people some time and money if they’d just write the check out to the “Wild Child” Andy Bachetti right now !!!

Lol

2 hours ago, HearnNation20 said:

Kenny Tremont no longer attending.

That's not really a surprise, even with big money on the line, its been decades since theres been a race at the Valley and a Tremont wasn't there.

Right now I'd bet on Perrego's name being on the check.

But... My revised over/under stands at 74 modifieds in the pits to go for the dough on Saturday night.