Awesome job this weekend. A 4th and 2nd verses the all stars. Oh and a win in the mods. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, olds23p said:

Awesome job this weekend. A 4th and 2nd verses the all stars. Oh and a win in the mods. 

Danny is the real deal, mods or sprints!

3 hours ago, olds23p said:

I’ve been saying for the past couple years that Danny is becoming (if not already) the best 360 sprint car driver in NY. I don’t know the numbers off hand but it seems like his wins to starts ratio is pretty high. Running part time he’s lead the ESS in wins, won the Empire Sprint Week (or whatever it’s called) and seems to always be in contention. Glad to see him gets some good runs in the 410.

21 minutes ago, Goggles Paesano said:

He could write a book.  

🤦‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Higfab12s1023 said:

Late race caution defiantly hurt him, like he said after the race just couldn't give up the bottom. Was bad fast for sure

DD had that field covered. 

2 hours ago, Mike Coleates said:

he was fast and moving but with out that caution to allow him to get to his bumper and Varin's tires to cool off it would have been a different race. Varin  was doing well in lap traffic and was rolling the bottom unlike most of the others. 

3 hours ago, Mike Coleates said:

I would have liked to have seen the show finish without that caution because I think Varin was exceptional working traffic. Dietrich was fast, I'll give you that, but there was enough of a gap between them that I think Varin could have earned the W.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

I would have liked to have seen the show finish without that caution because I think Varin was exceptional working traffic. Dietrich was fast, I'll give you that, but there was enough of a gap between them that I think Varin could have earned the W.

We’ll never know. At least one of the porch sitters came to race. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

We’ll never know. At least one of the porch sitters came to race. 

Teams in central PA don't even race two nights a week locally because the unlimited money teams in central PA are lone gone. The Grove did not even have 20 cars last because only a handful of teams race more than one night a week, and you want more teams to travel four hours away in a Sunday night?

Central PA in not even close to what it wss 15-20 years ago with big money teams and full time drivers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

Teams in central PA don't even race two nights a week locally because the unlimited money teams in central PA are lone gone. The Grove did not even have 20 cars last because only a handful of teams race more than one night a week, and you want more teams to travel four hours away in a Sunday night?

Central PA in not even close to what it wss 15-20 years ago with big money teams and full time drivers.

Pump the brakes dude. It was a damn joke. I’m well aware of the current situation in PA. Guess I should’ve posted that to a different audience. 

25 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

Pump the brakes dude. It was a damn joke. I’m well aware of the current situation in PA. Guess I should’ve posted that to a different audience. 

Or you could  have used an emoticon. Montess gave me a like, so I am not the only one that could not tell your meaning

6 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

Or you could  have used an emoticon. Montess gave me a like, so I am not the only one that could not tell your meaning

I thought porch sitters was enough of a clue. 👍🏻🤦🏻‍♂️😃😂🏁🥶🔥🤣😢🤷🏻‍♂️

Now anyone that knows me knows I’m not a fan of the Varin’s.   With that said I definitely agree Danny is very good in a sprint car.  But let’s not get carried away here.  I wouldn’t say he is the best 360 sprinter in NY just yet. Could he become one of if not the best down the road absolutely but let’s give him a few more years. 

Honestly I know it comes down to money and travel but I would like to see what he could do full time in a sprint. He’s definitely impressive 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Now anyone that knows me knows I’m not a fan of the Varin’s.   With that said I definitely agree Danny is very good in a sprint car.  But let’s not get carried away here.  I wouldn’t say he is the best 360 sprinter in NY just yet. Could he become one of if not the best down the road absolutely but let’s give him a few more years. 

Honestly I know it comes down to money and travel but I would like to see what he could do full time in a sprint. He’s definitely impressive 

Well said. 🍺

12 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

And people think it is the big block mod division that is in trouble.

It would of been nice to see a few more sprints show up on Friday at Outlaw.     But it is what it is

11 hours ago, leroy said:

And people think it is the big block mod division that is in trouble.

It would of been nice to see a few more sprints show up on Friday at Outlaw.     But it is what it is

Didn’t they have 24 cars? Hard to be upset with 24 cars at a 410 sprint show in NY...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Didn’t they have 24 cars? Hard to be upset with 24 cars at a 410 sprint show in NY...

I  sort of expected closer to the 30 Weedsport had . But that was not really my point.

My point was not so much the 24 sprint cars in NY.   There is not many 410 weekly tracks in PA and the weekly numbers are still down

Go to any  dirt modified special in NY, Canada, PA, OH, anywhere for that matter . Big blocks, small blocks, DIRT, Deyo, independent, whatever.  If that special race does not get 30 er 40 modifieds?.   Doomsday for  the mods I hear.  over and over

Can you imagine 24 modifieds racing  for an All Star type purse?  yet this is the division in trouble?   Doomsday the dead horse

NY or not. The All Star purse is not peanuts.  Where were the sprint cars?

Being Bobby's son, my guess is that he could win a national sprint tour in 5 consecutive years and most people would say he got lucky. The guy can drive. Anything. Anytime. Anywhere. Period.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, leroy said:

I  sort of expected closer to the 30 Weedsport had . But that was not really my point.

My point was not so much the 24 sprint cars in NY.   There is not many 410 weekly tracks in PA and the weekly numbers are still down

Go to any  dirt modified special in NY, Canada, PA, OH, anywhere for that matter . Big blocks, small blocks, DIRT, Deyo, independent, whatever.  If that special race does not get 30 er 40 modifieds?.   Doomsday for  the mods I hear.  over and over

Can you imagine 24 modifieds racing  for an All Star type purse?  yet this is the division in trouble?   Doomsday the dead horse

NY or not. The All Star purse is not peanuts.  Where were the sprint cars?

There are 6 cars that ran all 7 ASCoC races, 4 that ran 6, and 1 that ran 5. Less than 1/2 of the ASCoC field would be tour regulars. Williams Grove got 18 cars. Dietrich and Wolfe are the only two central PA cars that ran at the Grove that maybe would have been at Outlaw. So to answer where were the sprint cars, they don't exist. 410 racing has a problem as the field is shrinking but nobody wants to admit it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bicknell55 said:

There are 6 cars that ran all 7 ASCoC races, 4 that ran 6, and 1 that ran 5. Less than 1/2 of the ASCoC field would be tour regulars. Williams Grove got 18 cars. Dietrich and Wolfe are the only two central PA cars that ran at the Grove that maybe would have been at Outlaw. So to answer where were the sprint cars, they don't exist. 410 racing has a problem as the field is shrinking but nobody wants to admit it. 

That is where my post was coming from.

I agree with You and FightForThe Rail.  

• Like 1