Anyone have plans on attending any of the USAC Eastern Storm shows. I plan on making Grandview, maybe Bridgeport, Baps and the Silver Crown show at the Grove on Friday night. Weather pending.

10 minutes ago, HighPlainsDrifter said:

Grandview, Bridgeport, BAPS, Williams Grove, Weedsport. I haven't been to Bridgeport or BAPS in 15+ years. Hoping to add a new track with the 3/8 inner oval at B-port.

Baps is the best deal of the week. USAC Sprints, URC Sprints and Super Sportsman all for $15 if your a senior which I am. Big pat on the back to them.

• Like 2

My week consists of Grandview, Kutztown, and Williams Grove. I'd love to go to Weedsport too but that's up in the air right now. 

I’ll be at Port Royal Saturday, the USAC guys always put on a super show there racing on the best surface they will race on all week.

• Like 1

Now that's a damn race fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!😀😀😀👍👍

• Like 1

I make the trip once a year to visit family in the Niagara Ontario area. Last year it was Selinsgrove and Port Royal for PA Sprint week. Hoping to hit Merrittville Saturday night and then Outlaw next Wednesday on my return home. When racing sucks where you live you have to do what you have to do. 

25 sprints and 27 358 mods at Grandview. I was expecting higher car counts but I’ll take it. 

USAC Sprint heats have been fantastic so far. No “runaways”,  up to this point, they are moving the show right along.

Top heavy purse for the sprints

1 $10000

2 $3000

3 $1500

4 $1000

$600 to take green. Could be why they don’t get more cars to come east.

9 minutes ago, RJO said:

1 $10000

2 $3000

3 $1500

4 $1000

The standard Usac sprint purse is as follows: 

POS. / PTS. / PAY

1        70      $5,000

2        67      $2,500

3        64      $1,250

4        61      $1,000

5        58      $900

The top Non-winged guys get paid a fraction of what the WoO guys get.

I'm sure they’re excited to race for 10k

I would LOVE to go to Port Royal. 

Dog said it best.  It is the best surface they will race on all week. Probably  will be the best racing.  The winged 410s to boot. I have never left disappointed at Port Royal

Just went to Pa last week though.  4 hrs travel  one way just is not something I am able to do every week

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RJO said:

1 $10000

2 $3000

3 $1500

4 $1000

I know Keith Kunz fields half the cars on the USAC Midget, but the USAC national Midget tour purse is the one that is really pathetic for the travel involved.The national Midgets run for $3,000 to win and a weak purse throughout.

Like con7 wrote, that Grandview purse is significantly better than what just about every other place pays for the USAC Sprint Car tour.

Super surprised and disappointed to see only 25 sprint cars were at GV last night, for this show GV usually always draws like 30...And with Timmy Buckwalter’s violent flip down the front stretch last night guess that makes one less for the rest of the week...Not a good sign where the Eastern Storm is going in the future JMO!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DiamondDog said:

Super surprised and disappointed to see only 25 sprint cars were at GV last night, for this show GV usually always draws like 30...And with Timmy Buckwalter’s violent flip down the front stretch last night guess that makes one less for the rest of the week...Not a good sign where the Eastern Storm is going in the future JMO!!!

So 5 back markers don’t show. Who cares? 25 USAC sprints is plenty to make a good show. All the big names were there, no?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DiamondDog said:

Tim has a ride. Junkyard Gene has plenty of cars in the stable for him.

Not being able to make it to any Eastern Storm races I decided to pay the 29.99 Floracing fee, which includes all USAC Sprint, Silver Crown, Midgets, as well as Big Block Super Dirt Series races, and some Dirtcar UMP shows for a month. Very inexpensive considering what you pay for similar subscriptions and services.               Surprised me that it took nearly 4 hours for Grandview to run off a two division show with just over 50 cars. I guess 3 track prep sessions will do that. Had fun watching the broadcast and the quality was excellent.       Was wondering why T Mez wasn't there. He's always a threat.

Time trials started around 7:30 as published (I don't have the exact time at the moment) and I was walking out of the pits after the mod feature at 10:45. Could it have gone faster? Sure, but I wouldn't say the show ran *that* long. 

T Mez is running a midget in IL per his Twitter.

13 of the top 14 in USAC points made the tow along with 3 additional cars in the top 30. I overheard that Andretti had tow rig issues but should be in today. Overall, based upon big point gaps, I think what we got is to be expected. The days are past where a bunch of PA guys would 'take the wing off' to further boost car counts. The depth is there in the top 12 in points but after that it drops off pretty quick.

USACPoints.JPG

1 hour ago, zmahoney21 said:

So 5 back markers don’t show. Who cares? 25 USAC sprints is plenty to make a good show. All the big names were there, no?

Just saying starting the week off with 25 cars for a $10K to win race IMO is below expectations...What/who is going to be left  for the weekend shows at Port Royal n Weedsport, as you always have guys who don’t make the entire week...And can’t really think of many who might jump on the week as it goes along...I LOVE this series and racing and want to see it back in the East for years to come, but looking at that field last night was pretty “ho-hum” IMO...People want to see race cars, as many as possible, put on the best show they can...I know ya dont need 40-50 cars to have an awesome race, but by the looks of it, hope I’m wrong, they’ll be lucky to have the full 22 car field by the time the weekend rolls around, like I said, I HOPE I’M WRONG!!!

The race is typically 6,000 to win. Guessing they bumped it to 10 because it was the 10 year anniversary from when Jesse Hockett won it back in 2009?