4 minutes ago, tygarl said:

The race is typically 6,000 to win. Guessing they bumped it to 10 because it was the 10 year anniversary from when Jesse Hockett won it back in 2009?

30th anniversary of ToTH, at least that's what was said over the PA system.

30th Anniversary is the reason for the $10,000 to win show. The PA Speed Week show is going to pay $10,000 to win at Grandview coming up for the same reason.

Freakin' Brent beat me to it! Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While Bacon kind of ran away with the race the race between the second to sixth place cars was awesome. One thing to mention after all the track work that was done during the night I was still pelted with grit and gravel all night. Could not believe all of the small gravel stones they were throwing into the stands down by turn one. 

1 hour ago, DiamondDog said:

Just saying starting the week off with 25 cars for a $10K to win race IMO is below expectations...What/who is going to be left  for the weekend shows at Port Royal n Weedsport, as you always have guys who don’t make the entire week...And can’t really think of many who might jump on the week as it goes along...I LOVE this series and racing and want to see it back in the East for years to come, but looking at that field last night was pretty “ho-hum” IMO...People want to see race cars, as many as possible, put on the best show they can...I know ya dont need 40-50 cars to have an awesome race, but by the looks of it, hope I’m wrong, they’ll be lucky to have the full 22 car field by the time the weekend rolls around, like I said, I HOPE I’M WRONG!!!

Unlike Diamond Dog, more cars does not equal better show ! I would say all but 1 or 2 cars last night we’re quality cars. Show started right on time at 7:30. They had time trials for all sprints, 3 heats for sprints, 3 heats for small block modifieds, a consi for sprints, consi for small block modifieds, and 40 lap feature for the Sprints and I was walking out the gate at 10:06 PM. I didn’t stay for the Small block feature as track was really rubbered up due to sprints running first(which I’m all for). More cars or another class would’ve just made for a longer night(which I’m against). I think management did a great job moving the show along , even with a couple of red flags and the need for allcsprints to be pushed off !

31 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

Unlike Diamond Dog, more cars does not equal better show ! I would say all but 1 or 2 cars last night we’re quality cars. Show started right on time at 7:30. They had time trials for all sprints, 3 heats for sprints, 3 heats for small block modifieds, a consi for sprints, consi for small block modifieds, and 40 lap feature for the Sprints and I was walking out the gate at 10:06 PM. I didn’t stay for the Small block feature as track was really rubbered up due to sprints running first(which I’m all for). More cars or another class would’ve just made for a longer night(which I’m against). I think management did a great job moving the show along , even with a couple of red flags and the need for allcsprints to be pushed off !

Go back and re-read my post lmao, like I said, “I KNOW YOU DONT NEED 40-50 CARS TO HAVE A GREAT RACE”.

3 hours ago, mjbf1 said:

Was wondering why T Mez wasn't there. He's always a threat.

My guess is he didn’t have a ride. He got a deal to run Matt Estep’s EnviroFab 7x Midget during the POWRi Illinois Midget Week. Race 1 of 6 was supposed to be tonight @ Belle-Clair, but is already RO’d.

1 hour ago, Uncle tom said:

The mod feature was a great race.  There is a difference between slick and rubbered up.   They misted the track before the feature and it held up well.  Would like to have seen what would have happened between Godown, Watt, and Howard if Godown didn't have an issue, because I think Watt and Howard were both quicker, but Godown would have made that car very wide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RrmDUrr2qI&t=67s

“...People want to see race cars, as many as possible...”..Dog, I personally don’t want to see as many cars as possible !! Give me quality over quantity any day. The exception to that statement is the REALLY big races like SDW, the Fonda 200 this year,  the 160 lap race at Orange County this year as I’m staying there and don’t have to drive anywhere after the races. I don’t have to get up early the next morning. I’m all for HUUUGE fields of cars then.

“...People want to see race cars, as many as possible...”..Dog, I personally don’t want to see as many cars as possible !! Give me quality over quantity any day. The exception to that statement is the REALLY big races like SDW, the Fonda 200 this year,  the 160 lap race at Orange County this year as I’m staying there and don’t have to drive anywhere after the races. I don’t have to get up early the next morning. I’m all for HUUUGE fields of cars then.

47 minutes ago, shernernum said:

The mod feature was a great race.  There is a difference between slick and rubbered up.   They misted the track before the feature and it held up well.  Would like to have seen what would have happened between Godown, Watt, and Howard if Godown didn't have an issue, because I think Watt and Howard were both quicker, but Godown would have made that car very wide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RrmDUrr2qI&t=67s

It's always a great race when CVD doesn't win!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

The track was really rubbered up? I am the biggest non wing sprint car & midget fan you'll find and i'll admit that the modified race was a better race. I actually thought that they did too much track prep before the sprint feature because everybody was hammer down on the bottom for the first 1/3rd or half of the race. The modified race was action filled pretty much all the way through between Watt and Godown, then Watt and CVD, then Watt and Howard. I am glad I stayed for the Mod feature. 

Click to view full size imageClick to view full size image

I don't see any rubber 

I was sitting in turn #1 for the USAC Sprint feature. If you look at turn #1 at the end of the video I’m posting, you can see that it IS rubbered up. Regardless, I saw what I came to see, and was more than happy to be heading home at 10:06 pm. I’m glad that you enjoyed the small block modified feature. 4:45 am comes waaay too soon for me !

31 minutes ago, Uncle tom said:

Dont know much about grandview but I find it hard to believe that place would go from that heavy to rubbered in 1 feature

Plain and simple....is it black down in turn one at the end of the race(watch video)? I call that “rubbered up” . If you don’t, that’s fine. I thought it was a good show !

• Confused 1

im saying this kindly, but all I hear anymore is car counts and how there so low and they don't understand why. Its pretty simple and I don't know why people don't get it. I love this sport  but for the price of these cars or any top tier car has sky rocketed. big dollar team owners are dwindling by the year. the price you stick into it and the price your rewarded are way different. unless your a top team and even then I don't know if that breaks even. these traveling teams have these trailers and are packed full with lots of equipment to get them thru the swing here. How many teams can really do that? How many team members can get off of work for a week. Its endless to think of all the expenses. Even for the local guys on any level, im quite surprised we have as many as we do. So im not surprised anymore when any track has low car counts. I'll agree it sucks, but not surprised at all. 

16 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

Plain and simple....is it black down in turn one at the end of the race(watch video)? I call that “rubbered up” . If you don’t, that’s fine. I thought it was a good show !

That makes way more sense then.To me I like it when the center gets black and slick like that. When the track starts taking rubber I cant really tell by looking at it. Usually have to tell by the way the cars go through the corner. Lap times start speeding up again. It's very easy to feel in the car when the track starts to rubber as well. 

This post is kind of annoying. Just like the rest of the touring series it takes a ton of money to be a touring driver, and when the tour that your bringing has 85 to 90% of the field towing in from 11+ hours and a small local pool you get what you get. This year, while the car numbers might be lower, there really hasn't been a year where the fall off between the fastest cars, to the rest of the field is so slim. The quality is the highest its been on an eastern swing between the touring drivers and our locals. Like already mentioned, basically the whole top 15 in national points showed up, plus the very best from the USAC Eastern Series for those who have a 410 or want to try with a 360. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do the USAC East Coast Series sprints cars run the same rules as the National Series as far as motors go or do they run a 'spec' motor instead??

46 minutes ago, happyracer said:

Do the USAC East Coast Series sprints cars run the same rules as the National Series as far as motors go or do they run a 'spec' motor instead??

USAC National Tour are 410s, USAC East Coast are 360s

1 hour ago, happyracer said:

Race cars have engines, your hairdryer has a motor. ;)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jumper12a said:

You are correct. I have been using the word 'motor' wrong my whole life apparently. A motor runs on electricity and an engine runs on combustion. Next lesson please. Do race 'engines' run on racing gas or fuel??

7 minutes ago, happyracer said:

You are correct. I have been using the word 'motor' wrong my whole life apparently. A motor runs on electricity and an engine runs on combustion. Next lesson please. Do race 'engines' run on racing gas or fuel??

I would suppose race fuel. Of course there’s racing gasoline, but there’s other types of racing fuels.

16 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Just an observation...

Nobody in racing ever used the term "Enginesports" because it sounds stupid.

• Like 1