DiamondDog

Big Diamond Friday night...Topless Modifieds

BIG $$$ on the line when the Insinger Fuels 358 Modifieds go topless this coming Friday night...Last year this show was a big success and the racing was really good...Definitely an exciting 3 division show with the Road Runners having some extra $$$ on the line also for Savage 61 Night...

Modifieds are going topless this Friday night!

Next up:
Friday, June 14: Fathers Day Giveaway, Modified Topless 40, $5,000 to win, Sportsman, Roadrunners, $661 to win + Cash Dash. Savage 61 Night.

Gates open at 5:30pm
Warm ups 7:15pm
Racing 7:45
General admission is $20
Kids 11-12 $10
Kids 10 and under are free

1 hour ago, John Williams said:

Topless spectators would be more entertaining.

There’s some that should be left unseen. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Visited Big Diamond last night for this show for the first time in a number of years. I stayed away so long due to their ability to turn a 2 1/2 hr show into a 4-5 hr show after starting at 8 PM. Also due to the track being crap which made for a horrible race.

Things have definitely changed at Big D !! Show started right on time at 7:45, with very little down time. They had a “meet & Greet “for the street stocks, but also had the modified drivers pick for their starting spot at the same time, thus reducing down time. We watched a 20 lap street stock(roadrunner, who knows) feature, 40 lap modified feature and all qualifying events and still walked out of the track at 10:06 PM ! 

The biggest surprise to me was the new clay added to the track ! The entire track has that orange clay that looks just like Lincoln Speedway. Stayed tacky and held moisture all night. ZERO stones, no dust, no rubber on the track that could be seen. Made for great racing from a fan’s standpoint.

Yeah, they still have that silly “no outside food allowed” policy, but with the quality of cars, and track conditions, it’s very easy to look by that one little speed bump. 

Looking forward to returning in a couple of weeks !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uncle tom said:

Visited Big Diamond last night for this show for the first time in a number of years. I stayed away so long due to their ability to turn a 2 1/2 hr show into a 4-5 hr show after starting at 8 PM. Also due to the track being crap which made for a horrible race.

Things have definitely changed at Big D !! Show started right on time at 7:45, with very little down time. They had a “meet & Greet “for the street stocks, but also had the modified drivers pick for their starting spot at the same time, thus reducing down time. We watched a 20 lap street stock(roadrunner, who knows) feature, 40 lap modified feature and all qualifying events and still walked out of the track at 10:06 PM ! 

The biggest surprise to me was the new clay added to the track ! The entire track has that orange clay that looks just like Lincoln Speedway. Stayed tacky and held moisture all night. ZERO stones, no dust, no rubber on the track that could be seen. Made for great racing from a fan’s standpoint.

Yeah, they still have that silly “no outside food allowed” policy, but with the quality of cars, and track conditions, it’s very easy to look by that one little speed bump. 

No outside food.  But they let you bring in beer.   That seems like a fair trade to me  😛     .

Love PA 

• Like 1

If I was told the truth on the food policy the reason it is in place is because management had to get outside vendors to do the food I’ll leave the rest to speculation 🤔

23 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

23 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

Glad you enjoyed the show and the improvements being made there for this year and into the future...The sportsman mod guys have been so good all year they were due I guess lol lol for a “yellow fever” type of race and it happened Friday...Or the entire show would have been done around the 10:30.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:27 PM, Uncle tom said:

ZERO stones, no dust, no rubber on the track that could be seen. Made for great racing from a fan’s standpoint.

Some might challenge the zero stones observation. It may look that way from the stands but that isn't the case on the ground. 

I will say the added lighting and reduced dust is appreciated.

• Like 1