Sign in to follow this  
Stewyfan44

seemed to be a lot of chaos at Cornwall on Sunday

paul Kirkland doing track prep, ron morin walking around like his first born died.Ray Lavergne losing it on some employees.It was really strange

19 minutes ago, Stewyfan44 said:

paul Kirkland doing track prep, ron morin walking around like his first born died.Ray Lavergne losing it on some employees.It was really strange

What time did you get there?

I give Cornwall all the credit for trying to give a dust free surface for the fans. They tried to widen that groove during intermission too. Mistakes were made and I'm sure they have learned and moved on.

12 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

I give Cornwall all the credit for trying to give a dust free surface for the fans. They tried to widen that groove during intermission too. Mistakes were made and I'm sure they have learned and moved on.

I've heard from several people that one of the best track prep guys in the business..Ron Morin is out..if this is the case that is real bad news for the track.You just can't replace guys like him.

9 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

I've heard from several people that one of the best track prep guys in the business..Ron Morin is out..if this is the case that is real bad news for the track.You just can't replace guys like him.

How about you ask Ray about that, because it sounds like you can replace guys like him. In fact, he replaced him on Sunday night with Paul Kirkland (whether that be temporary or permanent, time will tell).

47 minutes ago, DIRTCar97 said:

How about you ask Ray about that, because it sounds like you can replace guys like him. In fact, he replaced him on Sunday night with Paul Kirkland (whether that be temporary or permanent, time will tell).

with all do respect, Paul Kirkland isn't even close to being as good at track prep as Ron Morin.I'm just saying Ray will regret it.He might not admit it.

• Haha 1

With all do respect,Kirkland preps a racetrack and Morin preps a big go-cart track.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

With all do respect,Kirkland preps a racetrack and Morin preps a big go-cart track.

yep for sure Brockville's a massive track..🙄

2 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

with all do respect, Paul Kirkland isn't even close to being as good at track prep as Ron Morin.I'm just saying Ray will regret it.He might not admit it.

At 5 the track was so wet they could could barely drive the packer around it

24 minutes ago, Devin Willis said:

At 5 the track was so wet they could could barely drive the packer around it

any idea who's call it was to drown the track

1 hour ago, Stewyfan44 said:

any idea who's call it was to drown the track

Not sure, it was unfortunate becuase they finally had it dried out with the good weather.

27 minutes ago, GrahamLk said:

I am wondering why you are just figuring out now that Cornwall is a gong show

I wouldn't say that at all. They had great track conditions last year, the race director there runs a tight show and doesnt put up with some of the antics I've seen other places. The racing there is usually awesome and we ran a bunch of sportsman races green to checkered last year. Weather has been a struggle this year but out of the tracks I've been to Cornwall does a great job from someone racing sportsman perspective. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamLk said:

I am wondering why you are just figuring out now that Cornwall is a gong show

I was commenting on 1 night..which was very out of the ordinary.I've been going to that track for 35 yrs.When I saw the track in that condition I had a feeling something was up.It isn't the norm at all for Cornwall to have bad conditions.

8 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

yep for sure Brockville's a massive track..🙄

A lot bigger than Cornwall.Next time you see Kirkland tell him to his face that he can,t prep a track

I'm sure Paul can prep his track just fine ... but Ron is a master of Cornwall's track prep. And last I checked, both those joints are about the same size.

39 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

A lot bigger than Cornwall.Next time you see Kirkland tell him to his face that he can,t prep a track

whatever pal..why don't you just relax.Its just my damn opinion.If your a big Kirkland guy, whatever..that's cool..I could'nt care less.And saying Brockville is a lot bigger then Cornwall is Ridiculous, and why the hell would that even matter.

12 hours ago, BillSmith said:

I'm sure Paul can prep his track just fine ... but Ron is a master of Cornwall's track prep. And last I checked, both those joints are about the same size.

They are not the same size and the difference in size is enough that they race differently. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

whatever pal..why don't you just relax.Its just my damn opinion.If your a big Kirkland guy, whatever..that's cool..I could'nt care less.And saying Brockville is a lot bigger then Cornwall is Ridiculous, and why the hell would that even matter.

Obviously you do care.

In my opinion Paul is really good at track prep. The track conditions are always consistent even if there has been poor weather leading up the race and that's all a race car driver or team can ask for; consistency. I can't remember the last time it has been rough. 

Brockville is bigger than Cornwall and they do race differently. At Cornwall, your are constantly turning left, like you are racing 'inside a bowl' (as it has been explained to me) whereas Brockville has more of a front and back straight away with less constant turning than Cornwall. I know Kyle Dingwall is sometimes active on here, perhaps he could shed some light on the differences between the two tracks. 

• Like 1

Please, Allow me to add some facts, 

Brockville Ontario Speedway - Wikipedia

1. The Brockville Ontario Speedway is a 3/8 mile dirt track in the city of Brockville, Ontario, Canada. It is located on County Road 29 about 10 kilometres (6 mi) northwest of Brockville.

Cornwall Motor Speedway - Wikipedia

Length, 1/4 mi (0.40 km). Turns, 4. Banking, 25 degrees (approx.) The Cornwall Motor Speedway is a 1/4 mile dirt track near the community of Cornwall, Ontario, ...
  • Like 2

To keep this thread on track; has anyone heard who will be doing track prep at Cornwall this weekend or for the remainder of the year?

22 minutes ago, DIRTCar97 said:

To keep this thread on track; has anyone heard who will be doing track prep at Cornwall this weekend or for the remainder of the year?

both their websites say 3/8..as far as track prep goes..not sure..Morin was always working the track..And before you get all over me I'm paul puts a lot of time in at Brockville..Somethings gotta give here..You can't just show up Sunday afternoon and expect the track to be perfect.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

both their websites say 3/8..

Ah, but they're Canadian 3/8ths. Once you factor in the exchange rate, that makes them 1/4 miles in America.

(Joking ... but seriously, there is no way Brockville at "3/8" is bigger than Brewerton or Penn-Can, which are both 1/3 miles.)

I was always referred Cornwall as a 1/4 mile track. As for the track preparation challenge, Ron is still the man of the hour for that portion...

Let's hope that Mother Nature will not dump a whole lot of water and we can finally have similar conditions to what we had in 2018!