Jump to content




Recommended Posts

Anyone here close enough to the ESS Sprint scene to know how many cars to expect Saturday at Evans Mills?  The race pays $4000 to win $500 to start, but I don't remember the car count being strong in past years.  Thinking about going, but not sure it's worth the gamble, especially after seeing the car count from the regular classes last week.  Yikes!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me take off the red hat and throw on the blue hat...  :) 

Here is who we are expecting:

Matt Tanner, Shawn Donath, Jeff Cook, Kelly Hebing, Dave Axton, Parker Evans, Dylan Swiernik, Denny Peebles, Scott Holcomb, Chad Miller, Kyle Moffit, Tommy Wickham, Tyler Cartier, Kyle Fraser, Edward Kelley. And most likely 2 more.  We are looking at 16 total. 

The event in the past has been very entertaining, our first one we had 12 cars and when we got done with the A-Main you could here the buzz from the crowd.  

We have a special autograph session just before the A-Main where we bring the entire crowd down on the track which is a big hit.  

And of course, the entire event will help out the Kevin Ward Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund.  You should make a trip, the Gill family is working hard on upgrades and hope to have the track running for many years to come.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fulbrew said:

Anyone here close enough to the ESS Sprint scene to know how many cars to expect Saturday at Evans Mills?  The race pays $4000 to win $500 to start, but I don't remember the car count being strong in past years.  Thinking about going, but not sure it's worth the gamble, especially after seeing the car count from the regular classes last week.  Yikes!  

I wouldn't take care counts right now as an indication of future shows. The current owners are doing a bunch of work and really putting a lot of effort in to improve the place and bring racers back. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Fulbrew said:

Anyone here close enough to the ESS Sprint scene to know how many cars to expect Saturday at Evans Mills?  The race pays $4000 to win $500 to start, but I don't remember the car count being strong in past years.  Thinking about going, but not sure it's worth the gamble, especially after seeing the car count from the regular classes last week.  Yikes!  

Watching the asphalt race in Canada last summer was well worth the watch of dirt guys trying to run on asphalt. its not something you can see every weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 10:35 AM, Dean Reynolds said:

Let me take off the red hat and throw on the blue hat...  :) 

Here is who we are expecting:

Matt Tanner, Shawn Donath, Jeff Cook, Kelly Hebing, Dave Axton, Parker Evans, Dylan Swiernik, Denny Peebles, Scott Holcomb, Chad Miller, Kyle Moffit, Tommy Wickham, Tyler Cartier, Kyle Fraser, Edward Kelley. And most likely 2 more.  We are looking at 16 total. 

The event in the past has been very entertaining, our first one we had 12 cars and when we got done with the A-Main you could here the buzz from the crowd.  

We have a special autograph session just before the A-Main where we bring the entire crowd down on the track which is a big hit.  

And of course, the entire event will help out the Kevin Ward Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund.  You should make a trip, the Gill family is working hard on upgrades and hope to have the track running for many years to come.

Thanks!

Thanks for the detailed response.  I was hoping for a couple more, but 14-16 is probably a solid number for this show.  It will be a last minute decision between this one and the USAC show on Sunday.  Weather may end up being the deciding factor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Devin Willis said:

I wouldn't take care counts right now as an indication of future shows. The current owners are doing a bunch of work and really putting a lot of effort in to improve the place and bring racers back. 

I understand what you are saying, but the last thing I wanted to do was make that drive and see 4 classes with single digit car counts.  I agree about the future, but it will take time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



















×