Sign in to follow this  
sprintdaddy

THE Short Track Super Series INVADES OUTLAW SPEEDWAY WITH SOME OF THE BEST MODIFIED DRIVERS AROUND!!  WEDNESDAY JUNE 19TH

MARK YOUR CALENDARS🗓

WEDNESDAY JUNE 19TH THE Short Track Super Series INVADES OUTLAW SPEEDWAY WITH SOME OF THE BEST MODIFIED DRIVERS AROUND!! 

LIKE, COMMENT,SHARE ON OUTLAW  SPEEDWAY'S FACEBOOK PAGE FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN 2 TICKETS TO WEDNESDAYS SHOW!

No photo description available.

Too many classes for a weeknight and a 2 and a half hour drive will keep me away but I hope it's a great show for anyone going. If this was mods, sportsman and just one of the full fendered classes I'd probably go, but back gate mentality wins.

• Like 3

I was just telling someone on facebook who is coming from the NYC area that because it is a weeknight, they will probably run in order of engine noise volume. If that holds true, the running order would be:

Modifieds, Sportsman, Street Stocks, Hobby Stocks and then 4 Cylinders.

So cut out after the Street Stocks and head home, you just saw exactly the program you were hoping for. Qualifying there goes real quick because the track is small. Last Friday night we had just one yellow in the heats for a blown motor. And intermissions there are VERY brief. They bring out the water trucks and packers for 3 or 4 laps of spritz on the cushion and a dozen laps of packing. You'll barely have time to take a whiz and grab a beverage before racing starts again.

• Like 2

Sprintdaddy - Any way we can get a running order itinerary before the show?

And by the way... you like nostalgia, correct? Check this out!

June 6th, 1980...

64331295_10156775634292772_3349086493783

9 minutes ago, HotRod14j said:

Are their Grandstands in the Pit area to watch from ? Just wondering in case I decide to go in the Pit area. This will be my first time at Outlaw. Thanks in advance.

There is a fairly large pit grandstand in turn two.  There is a pit/work and staging area just in front of it...    Lots of room and lots of people in it

18 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I was just telling someone on facebook who is coming from the NYC area that because it is a weeknight, they will probably run in order of engine noise volume. If that holds true, the running order would be:

Modifieds, Sportsman, Street Stocks, Hobby Stocks and then 4 Cylinders.

So cut out after the Street Stocks and head home, you just saw exactly the program you were hoping for. Qualifying there goes real quick because the track is small. Last Friday night we had just one yellow in the heats for a blown motor. And intermissions there are VERY brief. They bring out the water trucks and packers for 3 or 4 laps of spritz on the cushion and a dozen laps of packing. You'll barely have time to take a whiz and grab a beverage before racing starts again.

That's exactly the opposite of what I hear all the time from a couple people I know that go there weekly or at least several times a year. My home track had a 7 division show done last week by 9:45, and the modified feature took the checkers in the daylight. I was told at 8:45 last week the heats at Outlaw weren't done. I also constantly hear of them starting late. Who's lying?

Nevertheless, I will buy the show on DTD TV and enjoy it from my home and wake up the next day rested for work. When I start hearing they get their shows done in a timely manner from more than just you, I will make the trip.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, burtonfan1995 said:

That's exactly the opposite of what I hear all the time from a couple people I know that go there weekly or at least several times a year. My home track had a 7 division show done last week by 9:45, and the modified feature took the checkers in the daylight. I was told at 8:45 last week the heats at Outlaw weren't done. I also constantly hear of them starting late. Who's lying?

Nevertheless, I will buy the show on DTD TV and enjoy it from my home and wake up the next day rested for work. When I start hearing they get their shows done in a timely manner from more than just you, I will make the trip.

I am a semi regular at Outlaw.   On regular 7 division show nights the modifieds run their feature second. If not third. (I LIKE THIS)   choices to stay, or not

On 6/7  The All Star Circuit of Champions ran their feature first of all.  The big blocks second.     

5 hours ago, HotRod14j said:

Are their Grandstands in the Pit area to watch from ? Just wondering in case I decide to go in the Pit area. This will be my first time at Outlaw. Thanks in advance.

There are 2 sets of stands in the pits. One set is in front of the VIP booths off turn 2 where the staging and work area is. That one is real close to the concession stands and bathrooms. Then there is a second and newer set of elevated stands that run from the middle of the back stretch toward turn 3.

5 hours ago, burtonfan1995 said:

I am there every week and I have no reason to lie to you. We had a single blown motor last week in the heats for 1 caution. And for the first time in a long time, I tore down my camera, came down off the roof, talked to the same couple of people after the races like always, and drove by the bank in Dundee before 12:30. I was in my driveway a half hour north before 1am.

Where is your home track?

6 hours ago, Justracing44 said:

Won’t be attending.  I’ve been fooled before there. Limit classes on work nights. 4:30 am comes early. 

In the same exact boat. Was all in till I saw how many classes there were. 

when this series came out i recall its nickname the "working man series" well not with this kind of schedule , the working man cant stay out that late on a "worknight" lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BobMiller said:

There are 2 sets of stands in the pits. One set is in front of the VIP booths off turn 2 where the staging and work area is. That one is real close to the concession stands and bathrooms. Then there is a second and newer set of elevated stands that run from the middle of the back stretch toward turn 3.

I am there every week and I have no reason to lie to you. We had a single blown motor last week in the heats for 1 caution. And for the first time in a long time, I tore down my camera, came down off the roof, talked to the same couple of people after the races like always, and drove by the bank in Dundee before 12:30. I was in my driveway a half hour north before 1am.

Where is your home track?

Afton is my Friday night home, and usually Fonda on Saturdays. I live about 20 minutes north of Oneonta. The problem with running so many classes isn't the local fan, it's fans like me coming from hours away.

• Like 2