8 hours ago, racer80 said:

because the younger ones are too goddam stupid!!!!!

So everyone in the US under the age of 75 is stupid? Dang, I feel for you all and for the rest of the world indirectly 

First of googles be careful sometimes our dreams come true!!! And I wasn’t talking about getting rid of miller:) jk

80 the problem is I think your missing the real deal. Why would someone that’s smart, well off, and want to not be a mad fun of by almost every news outlet and late night show want to be president??????? 

I feel most presidents are just on a power trip. Why have your life scrutinized? 

On 6/21/2019 at 7:18 AM, BobMiller said:

We hardly ever agree on anything and we certainly don't agree here.

The fact is, every penny of every drivers admission gets set aside to feed his point fund. If you'd rather, we could revert back to the old system where the point fund was floated by selling cheaply made tires at over inflated prices and the promoter was accused of getting kick backs.

The solution is simple. If you don't like Wegman's prices, go to Tops.

Ah, I hate to tell you Bob, but the point funds are still floated by cheaply made racing tires.

2 hours ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

First of googles be careful sometimes our dreams come true!!! And I wasn’t talking about getting rid of miller:) jk

80 the problem is I think your missing the real deal. Why would someone that’s smart, well off, and want to not be a mad fun of by almost every news outlet and late night show want to be president??????? 

I feel most presidents are just on a power trip. Why have your life scrutinized? 

it was meant to be funny

8 hours ago, oilman said:

Ah, I hate to tell you Bob, but the point funds are still floated by cheaply made racing tires.

Maybe elsewhere. At Canandaigua it is funded by driver admissions.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:20 AM, BobMiller said:

This is kind of odd. stick and ball sport players don't pay a fee for their own salaries. My opinion has always been drivers and owners should get in free since they are the ones putting on the entertainment. I never had a problem as a crew member paying my way in and never regretted doing it all those years.

5 hours ago, ranger22 said:

This is kind of odd. stick and ball sport players don't pay a fee for their own salaries. My opinion has always been drivers and owners should get in free since they are the ones putting on the entertainment. I never had a problem as a crew member paying my way in and never regretted doing it all those years.

The gigantic difference is that stick and ball players are employees of the team or representing the schools they are playing for. Drivers are not employees of the track.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

The gigantic difference is that stick and ball players are employees of the team or representing the schools they are playing for. Drivers are not employees of the track.

Ball players get paid to play.  Racers pay to play

18 minutes ago, leroy said:

Ball players get paid to play.  Racers pay to play

Eh....depends what level you are talking about. At the local dirt track, sure. But you don't think the top drivers in NASCAR or IndyCar get "paid to play?"

Again, ball players are employees of the team or students at the university they are representing.

On 6/25/2019 at 1:20 AM, BobMiller said:

Since when did Canandaigua  quit DIRTcar?

Bob is 100% accurate. As started last season, at Land of Legends, the drivers point funds are based on the pit fees paid by the driver on race night. We transfer that straight to the point fund. Additionally, every driver who attends 80% of the points races received point fund money. Last year 18 drivers in both Big Block and the Sportsman class received point money.  Over $33,000 was paid out to 66 drivers and that number will grow dramatically in 2019. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, oilman said:

Since when did Canandaigua  quit DIRTcar?

They didn't. The difference between Paul Cole and other promoters is that Paul isn't trying to earn a living by being a promoter. He has a very successful business that pays his salary which allows him the luxury of being able think things in a different light and to promote off the beaten path.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

That is a gray area, I'm pretty sure the drivers that race for a living have to claim the winnings on their taxes every year, making them at the very least subcontractors.

Eh every track does this. Brewerton/Fulton is $10 more anytime the sprinters are there and $3 more anytime there is any other support class such as a demo derby or the crate models. 

I do not mind paying a little extra to see another class of racing. What really angers me is when admission is raised to pay for a fireworks show. That is some skullduggery at its finest. To charge your fans extra money to see fireworks that anyone within a 5-10 mile radius gets to watch for free. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BobMiller said:

They didn't. The difference between Paul Cole and other promoters is that Paul isn't trying to earn a living by being a promoter. He has a very successful business that pays his salary which allows him the luxury of being able think things in a different light and to promote off the beaten path.

Bob, you keep ignoring the comment you made- Dirtcar money is based on running a crappy Hoosier tire that is sold for 2 times what it is worth...I agree that Paul Cole is doing a great job, but I'm sure he's not sending his Hoosier money back to Bicknell every year.  If he was an outlaw track with open rules, then the tire comment would have merit.

52 minutes ago, oilman said:

Bob, you keep ignoring the comment you made- Dirtcar money is based on running a crappy Hoosier tire that is sold for 2 times what it is worth...I agree that Paul Cole is doing a great job, but I'm sure he's not sending his Hoosier money back to Bicknell every year.  If he was an outlaw track with open rules, then the tire comment would have merit.

I choose what tires go around this track.  I can assure you American Racer has called several times to offer their wares and their tire money as well.  I happen to believe Hoosier has a much better tire for the Canandaigua surface regardless of the money.  That doesn't mean that AR's are bad or that other tracks shouldn't use them.  

And newsflash - I choose to be affiliated with DIRTcar because the member tracks work together to offer multiple facilities to race at with a standard rules package.  Whether you  like or dislike the rules as they stand, the reality is it provides stability for the investment of individuals and teams in their equipment.  If every track had different rules all through the northeast, racing would be struggling horribly and tracks would be closing left and right from lack of attendance.   Does that mean every track should be DIRTcar affiliated?  Nope.  Many do just fine in their niche markets and they shouldn't upset what works. 

Running a racetrack is a business.  Running a race team is a business.  In order to have success, not everyone can be the same. And as in racing there will be winners and losers.  However, those who are doing well should be modeled after and those struggling should look in the mirror to see if they are in the right business.  I do that everyday in all of my businesses.  I work hard to provide paychecks and opportunities to my employees, our race teams, their sponsors and yes even to my bank account.  You won't commonly find the customers of McDonald's getting on a forum and complaining about what Wendy's should do with their burgers.  Why does it make it ok with attacking racetracks?  

I will be the first one, every time, to tell you support racing at any track.  DIRTcar or not, Asphalt or Clay, Late Models or Sprints, Adults or kids, any season and temperature.  There is plenty of opportunities to find what fits your racing desires.  Running down others is just bad business.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2019 at 11:30 AM, 22racingteam said:

Why is it now 50/50?   They don’t pay the girls anymore? Or they just get paid a certain amount for the night 

Some tracks the 50/50 people are paid a flat fee and other places they get 10%. When they get 10%, it does end up being 45/45.

6 hours ago, 80K said:

Eh every track does this. Brewerton/Fulton is $10 more anytime the sprinters are there and $3 more anytime there is any other support class such as a demo derby or the crate models. 

I do not mind paying a little extra to see another class of racing. What really angers me is when admission is raised to pay for a fireworks show. That is some skullduggery at its finest. To charge your fans extra money to see fireworks that anyone within a 5-10 mile radius gets to watch for free. 

Your not getting the local fireworks for free. The town pays the fireworks person and your taxes pay the town.  Now depending on the size of the town you live in, that could be a minimal amount but the track has to divy that cost over how many people normally show. It costs about 11-12K for fireworks, divide that by 1000 people in the grandstand and fireworks should add alot more to your admission that it does. Without a "fireworks" sponsor, the track is eating alot of the cost.

On 6/24/2019 at 6:48 AM, JohnyC said:

Is there a new rule in the US that anyone vying for the presidency has to be over the age of 75? Bunch of dinosaurs

I saw a sign that said "Bernie Sanders 2020"

I didn't think he was a day over 2000.

13 hours ago, oilman said:

Bill - I'm not ignoring anything.  Don't read more into what I said or bait me into saying something you want to hear. It is common knowledge that the $80 tire that Hoosier sells for $120 isn't a top of the line tire. Every track should have an annual banquet that pays out cash rewards for the drivers. Where does that money come from if there isn't an up charge somewhere?

For years and years there were rumors of promoters getting kick backs from the tire manufacturer. Hoosier is still the track tire Canandaigua, but Paul Cole has removed himself from that controversy by funding the point fund another way. I'm not seeing a problem.

12 hours ago, chas71 said:

Your not getting the local fireworks for free. The town pays the fireworks person and your taxes pay the town.  Now depending on the size of the town you live in, that could be a minimal amount but the track has to divy that cost over how many people normally show. It costs about 11-12K for fireworks, divide that by 1000 people in the grandstand and fireworks should add alot more to your admission that it does. Without a "fireworks" sponsor, the track is eating alot of the cost.

Sounds like your working under the assumption that every town across the country holds fireworks. I'd be willing to bet that 65% or more of the towns in the US do not put on a fireworks show. My hometown does not. Neither do the 7 neighboring towns. Never ever had fireworks. So no, my tax money is not going to any fireworks. Even if it was, its an unfair comparison to equate a few pennies out of your tax vs $3-5 increase at a track because of fireworks. Towns have thousands of people. Tens of thousands. Racetracks have a couple hundred. Not a fair comparison on any scale.  

Now if a track had a sponsor to cover the full cost of fireworks and did not raise the prices, fantastic. Yes i understand they do get sponsors to partially pay for them. I understand how all that works. I'm just not for it and elect to stay home those nights if admission is raised because of it. I've grown up around them, helped put on legit shows and know folks in the fireworks industry. So for me personally, I cant justify paying for them at a track when anyone in a radius gets to see them for free. 

I appreciate your attempt to "change my mind" but it wont be changed on this issue.