I see Canandaigua (sorry I'm an old timer) has the Patriot Sprints this coming Saturday with an admission price of $27. That means they are charging an extra $12 this week to get in. Stating a fact here. I'm have no plans of attending but this just seems outrageous to me (now I'm complaining). I have no dog in this fight but if my regular track(s) jacked the price up that much I'd really consider finding something else to do. Yes I know they are running double big block features now but that is just the way things worked out and price was set ahead of time. I assume the place will be full so good for them I guess. Why not charge that if people will still go. The Super Dirt Series/ESS race is only $2 more. 

Malta was five bucks more this past Friday for ESS. 27 is on the high side!

I understand raising the admission prices a bit, 12 bucks is a lot, but I have never understood why tracks jack up the pit entrance. 95% of drivers and crew who support the track weekly do not like when the sprints come. There is nothing but added time and difficulty in the pits for the teams so I do not understand where track owners feel the people in the pits should have to pay extra to make their night worse.

• Like 1

I’m someone that will consider not going when sprint cars come. If Malta was charging more then $5 more I probably wouldn’t of

When a track goes out of business, will the price of admission still be an issue? Touring races are an added expense that has to be recouped somewhere. I consistently hear people say, "What could we have done to keep the track from closing". Pay the extra, support your track, support the drivers, and enjoy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spazman said:

When a track goes out of business, will the price of admission still be an issue? Touring races are an added expense that has to be recouped somewhere. I consistently hear people say, "What could we have done to keep the track from closing". Pay the extra, support your track, support the drivers, and enjoy.

See you at Paradise Spaz. Not a chance I’m paying $12 xtra for PST. 

$12 more for the patriot sprints?   That’s a joke. I’m a diehard sprint fan but come on. Malta was $16 this week for the ESS     

• Like 1

"What could we have done to keep the track from closing".

1) Not take advantage of the fans. Rinse, repeat.

• Like 18

Everyone has a price point. $12 extra is not $12 for me it’s $36. I love the PST & sprint cars in general at LoLR,but they surpassed my ROI. 

• Thanks 1

$27 is what I would consider high for the All Stars let alone the Patriot Sprints. 

$18-20 is on the high side for the ESS/Patriots but I could live with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Coleates said:

See you at Paradise Spaz. Not a chance I’m paying $12 xtra for PST. 

Come up and say hello.

Charging a bunch of extra money to your fans and weekly competitors for something at least half of them don’t want to see is not a good way to make sure a track doesn’t go out of business. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

They fixed it. It’s $20 as usual for sprint cars. 

Thanks for the heads up, I just penciled it in.  With the weather this year, I've given up on pen.  

• Like 2

Happy racer and mike, 

i think you guys made the track look like the bad person here by charging $27 for grandstand admission . It’s been listed as $20 and $7 extra if you want reserved seats. Reserved seating wasn’t required and seldom do people get it. I hope there wasn’t some one that saw your bashing of the track and doesn’t get back on before the race next weekend and finds out the correct info. Tracks have a hard enough time getting fans now a days. 

• Like 1

Actually eagle the website listed it as $27. They fixed it. Nobody made the track look bad. Questions were answered. 

• Like 1

The main reason I  sometimes shy away from sprint car races in NYS  is that the shows average  a 12am finish,    And the extra racing more times than not , uses up the track surface.     Jmo.  One of the regular divisions should get the night off on sprint specials.      7 bucks a non issue to me 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, leroy said:

The main reason I  sometimes shy away from sprint car races in NYS  is that the shows average  a 12am finish,    And the extra racing more times than not , uses up the track surface.     Jmo.  One of the regular divisions should get the night off on sprint specials.      7 bucks a non issue to me 

I have always said that.  When I was a kid the sportsman where always giving the night off at fonda when the sprints came to town.  But now it’s all about the back gate money.  They can’t afford to have 30 drivers and crews to not show up 

• Like 1

I noticed that the website says Legend inductee night #2.  Who is being inducted?

$20 is a lot more reasonable. Glad they made that call or corrected what may have been a simple mistake or poor phrasing. 

2 hours ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Happy racer and mike, 

i think you guys made the track look like the bad person here by charging $27 for grandstand admission . It’s been listed as $20 and $7 extra if you want reserved seats. Reserved seating wasn’t required and seldom do people get it. I hope there wasn’t some one that saw your bashing of the track and doesn’t get back on before the race next weekend and finds out the correct info. Tracks have a hard enough time getting fans now a days. 

What seats are reserved? Top rows? $7 seems high for reserved seats vs general admission

How does a bunch of people read it one way , one guy says you are wrong made track look bad and someone else I'd believe said they fixed it and it's good now. 

Myself, 27x2 is 54. 20 bucks in gas to get there and home. Food and drinks for me and daughter I'm well over a 100$. Ain't happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

$7 extra for a reserved seat?   Are they expecting a sellout.   For $7 it better come with a cushion to sat on to 

• Like 1

To clarify - this was a typo error put into our online ticketing system. Pricing for this show has always been $20 for adults,  $18 for seniors, $5 for 6-16 and 5 and under free.  Reserved seats are $2 additional for most shows. 

This weeks Wall of Fame inductee is longtime announcer Gary Montgomery.

We work hard to keep an affordable night out at the races for everyone while putting on a great show. Top level drivers, variety in door to door racing and an entertaining production between races. Our fans continue to fill our stands and racing is thriving in Canandaigua. By the way we have an 11pm cut off so you won’t normally get home before turning in to a pumpkin. 

If you can’t get out to Land of Legends this week, be sure to support your local track.

Stay tuned to more info on next weeks racing schedule as we flex for the rain makeups. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1