The first time ever in the history of racing where the points championship will be determined by a carnival game wheel.

• Confused 1

If you go to Orange Count's facebook page you will see that they are spinning a wheel to determine inverting the top qualifiers.

Give it time. Someone will say wheel is rigged (weighted) to stop on certain numbers. 

Invert wheels are pretty common. This is the first time I’ve ever seen somebody claim that it will end up determining a champion. 

Josh I wasn't saying that, just saying someone will say it's rigged is all. 

1 hour ago, dan dan said:

Josh I wasn't saying that, just saying someone will say it's rigged is all. 

I was making a statement towards the OP In general. It wasn’t directed at you. 

27 minutes ago, burtonfan1995 said:

I believe he means that no one can pass, so a wheel determines where you start and finish.

Thanks.........

If passing is that hard, then the only fair format is lining everything up straight up from qualifying. No draws or inverts. 

• Like 1

No one knows how the passing or track will be it will only have new clay on for less then a month when show is run. So it's anyone's guess. But know matter how it is ,you will not see it because there will be so many giant haulers jammed in the infield .it will be like watching a road course you will see them for a bref time when they pass in front of you. Unless you are willing to pay 400-600$ to sit a plastic table up on top of the half covered. then you might see most of it. Its a hyped up 160 lapper at unrealistic prices. Ill take a 50 lapper at Bridgeport anyday.over OCFS with or without new clay.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was at OCFS a few weeks ago when they cancelled the features due to impending rain that never came. i did see the wheel spin and I think it should be sponsored by Raybestos, Napa, Wilwood, or Pep Boys brakes. The wheel spins like crazy for about 3 or 4 seconds then comes to a screeching halt.. Seemed a little odd to me.  

Must be a slow week in Fonda, and Glen Ridge doesn't have enough controversy about it anymore, so the new whipping post is OCFS

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maxim410 said:

No one knows how the passing or track will be it will only have new clay on for less then a month when show is run. So it's anyone's guess. But know matter how it is ,you will not see it because there will be so many giant haulers jammed in the infield .it will be like watching a road course you will see them for a bref time when they pass in front of you. Unless you are willing to pay 400-600$ to sit a plastic table up on top of the half covered. then you might see most of it. Its a hyped up 160 lapper at unrealistic prices. Ill take a 50 lapper at Bridgeport anyday.over OCFS with or without new clay.

Are you going to go on every OCFS thread and say this same thing? Yes, sight lines are  tough, but without a complete overhaul of the property this is what we have to deal with. Maybe you could put up some of your hard earned money to lend your expertise and vision for the future of the track. I am sure track management would love to have such a positive, constructive player on the team. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, shernernum said:

Must be a slow week in Fonda, and Glen Ridge doesn't have enough controversy about it anymore, so the new whipping post is OCFS

Nothing to complain about at Fonda anymore. Good car counts, huge crowds, good food, good prices, great racing, great promotion. And most of all, you can leave the grounds and come back with no charge!

• Like 1

Just realized something about OCFS from this past Saturday. First and foremost congrats to Billy V. on your 2nd Big Block win. But my question is how did Billy start up front in the feature? OCFS rules state, and this is straight from the rule book under big block and small block handicapping procedures. "12. In the event a regular driver misses a week or a suspension is involved, upon return the driver qualifies in the top 12 on time, driver will start in the 16th position until the three consecutive weeks are established". Prior to June 22nd Billy missed 2 of the last 3 OCFS races as he was on tour with the ESS. Am I missing something or did track managment and handicapping drop the ball.

Everyone pissing and whining about not being able to see at OCFS should go to the Valley. There's no seat in that track, except maybe the very tippy top of the T1 stands, where you can see over Hough, Tremont, Flach, Bachetti, Britten, etc. haulers in the infield. I exclude Tower seating as we're only talking about the actual grandstands. 

If you're going to complain, then at least be fair about it. We usually sit top row of GA in the blue section at The Valley. You lose some of the exit of 1 and 2 and the vast majority of the back stretch. 

Sitting near the top of the half covered at OCFS and you can easily see 90% of the track. 

Hell, there isn't a seat in the house at Oswego where you can see the entire track. You lose T2 from the front straight and T1 from the back straight unless you're absolutely top row on the T2 end... That's without any haulers.

As for spin the wheel... Whatever. It'll change in a week or two to some other format.

1 hour ago, westracing01 said:

Everyone pissing and whining about not being able to see at OCFS should go to the Valley. There's no seat in that track, except maybe the very tippy top of the T1 stands, where you can see over Hough, Tremont, Flach, Bachetti, Britten, etc. haulers in the infield. I exclude Tower seating as we're only talking about the actual grandstands. 

If you're going to complain, then at least be fair about it. We usually sit top row of GA in the blue section at The Valley. You lose some of the exit of 1 and 2 and the vast majority of the back stretch. 

Sitting near the top of the half covered at OCFS and you can easily see 90% of the track. 

Hell, there isn't a seat in the house at Oswego where you can see the entire track. You lose T2 from the front straight and T1 from the back straight unless you're absolutely top row on the T2 end... That's without any haulers.

As for spin the wheel... Whatever. It'll change in a week or two to some other format.

Other than the roof top ,I have found that getting as high up as possible in turn four is your best option at Lebanon Valley.   Sitting there ,I do lose  some sight in the bottom of two.   But  I can see the majority of track from there.

I agree on your point regarding OC.   I can see pretty good from the top of the half covered there.  

I do feel I can see way better at either of these two tracks than I  ever could  see at Syracuse,   But I still went to many races there.   Of course the best were the night shows without the infield packed.

I have been wanting to go to Selinsgrove since they moved the pits outside. But have not made it yet.

20 hours ago, predmore13 said:

Just realized something about OCFS from this past Saturday. First and foremost congrats to Billy V. on your 2nd Big Block win. But my question is how did Billy start up front in the feature? OCFS rules state, and this is straight from the rule book under big block and small block handicapping procedures. "12. In the event a regular driver misses a week or a suspension is involved, upon return the driver qualifies in the top 12 on time, driver will start in the 16th position until the three consecutive weeks are established". Prior to June 22nd Billy missed 2 of the last 3 OCFS races as he was on tour with the ESS. Am I missing something or did track managment and handicapping drop the ball.

I'm guessing Suitcase "revised" that rule...….Storms started up front in 3rd as well.

Last week Storms and Boniface both in top 12 in time, but without 3 weeks in a row, had to start as the rule "was" written in 16th.

I gave up trying to know who is in the top 12, and where they are going to start in the feature.

On 6/23/2019 at 11:08 AM, DaRooster said:

The first time ever in the history of racing where the points championship will be determined by a carnival game wheel.

How is that any worse than starting people in the back becuase they were fast last week

For all the bitchin,,,they must be doin something right over 90 cars in 3 divs!Racers go ther to compete,,,not so much fans anymore look at 3 wide tues pics of the place in the 60s!no internet and smartphones then lol nothin to do on a sat nite!