Sign in to follow this  
BobMiller

What was the best thing you saw all weekend?

Let me say that Gasketcase described the fonda prostock race about as perfect as a person could. I know the full fender classes usually put on some of the best races, but this one was incredible.

• Like 2

The best thing I saw this weekend was watching Mike Maresca win his first ever 358 modified race. He put a whipping on the field at Mohawk. Plus he's a pro when being interviewed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gary tomkins said:

LOLR from the inside of a race car for the first time in a few years. . . .

I'll include myself as part of the unknowing because I haven't seen you in person to get the inside scoop...

But from my perspective, a solid 7th place finish had to be as good as anyone could expect for a maiden voyage. Are there any plans for continuing forward progress that you can share at this time?

the best thing i saw all weekend was Vern Lafave get out of his burning racecar at Oswego. by far the scariest fire I've seen there in almost 40 years of attendance. the safety crew had the fire completely out in 45 seconds. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, racinjason said:

the best thing i saw all weekend was Vern Lafave get out of his burning racecar at Oswego. by far the scariest fire I've seen there in almost 40 years of attendance. the safety crew had the fire completely out in 45 seconds. 

I just read he is having surgery tomorrow for skin graphs, 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his hands and arms. 

Definitely the best news of the whole weekend no doubt 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 6:26 AM, foster said:

1st off great to see the dr back in a 1st class hot rod, thankyou vic coffey and team,and yes it was a great race ,if not for the hole in 1&2 that danny had to drive through to get by of all cars his son, the left rear stays up and we have a #39 & 9s battle to the end.. i belive #39 wins it , but hey shit happens

it sounds like your blaming the dr's loss on a hole in the track, maybe I'm misunderstanding this post, but it's the same track for everyone.

18 minutes ago, Stewyfan44 said:

it sounds like your blaming the dr's loss on a hole in the track, maybe I'm misunderstanding this post, but it's the same track for everyone.

yes stewy iam ,yep same for everyone ,hole not there = no flat ,he hit it just right to roll tire off bead . hole has been there all year they cant seem to get rid of it.

15 minutes ago, foster said:

yes stewy iam ,yep same for everyone ,hole not there = no flat ,he hit it just right to roll tire off bead . hole has been there all year they cant seem to get rid of it.

Gotcha🙂

20 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I'll include myself as part of the unknowing because I haven't seen you in person to get the inside scoop...

But from my perspective, a solid 7th place finish had to be as good as anyone could expect for a maiden voyage. Are there any plans for continuing forward progress that you can share at this time?

The car is owned by Wally Wade. Hopefully we'll run it some more, it all depends on the ability to get some sponsorship. It's a good car, made a few adjustments for the feature, but wish we made a couple more (hind sight's 20/20 lol), but 15th to 7th was pretty good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gary tomkins said:

The car is owned by Wally Wade. Hopefully we'll run it some more, it all depends on the ability to get some sponsorship. It's a good car, made a few adjustments for the feature, but wish we made a couple more (hind sight's 20/20 lol), but 15th to 7th was pretty good.

Hope it works out Gary. Doesn’t seem completely right for a standard LoL feature without seeing your name in the results every week.

New best thing I saw this week is Tyler Erb’s interview after the summernats race at Tri City last night. 

Gary, is that the same car he bought a couple years ago that was one that you ran?

3 hours ago, dan dan said:

Gary, is that the same car he bought a couple years ago that was one that you ran?

Yes it was originally owned by Darren Kendrick.

12 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

New best thing I saw this week is Tyler Erb’s interview after the summernats race at Tri City last night. 

Just listened to it. Awesome. I’ll be following Mr. Erb a little more now...

New best thing I’ve seen this week. Michael Norris was named as the fill in driver for Don O’Neal at CBR. 

I'm going to start a new thread like this every week Josh. The 4th of July week is going to be huge.

• Like 3

I like the positivity aspect of it a lot. 

• Like 4

Not sure which week this counts on.  But since I did not go to a race last weekend.  I will say Fulton tonight.  Good show

6 hours ago, leroy said:

Not sure which week this counts on.  But since I did not go to a race last weekend.  I will say Fulton tonight.  Good show

for some who say the dr is "washed up"  he drove 1 handed as he had to hold tranny in gear, so i would say still on his game and in raceing shape still....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foster said:

for some who say the dr is "washed up"  he drove 1 handed as he had to hold tranny in gear, so i would say still on his game and in raceing shape still....

Where are they saying that foster?

1 minute ago, BobMiller said:

Where are they saying that foster?

its been said , they know who they are.