Sign in to follow this  
BobMiller

What was the best thing you saw all weekend?

For me it was the 2nd Modified feature at Canandaigua.

Matt Sheppard started in the 8th row and had to pass some pretty stiff competition to win. It's likely he wouldn't have and admitted this had there not been a few cautions to help. James Sweeting was the early leader, and like the last time he led real strong, a caution was his demise. Danny Johnson was the 2nd place car at the time, but the gap between him and Sweeting grew, shrunk and grew several times. Danny got by Sweeting on a restart and then Sweeting slowly started migrating backwards. Another caution helped Sheppard stay within reach after just cracking the top 5. The battle for the lead between Danny and Sheppard was a good one, with Danny using the whole track between turns 1 and 2. Danny would enter turn 1 low and then drift to the top of 2 to get wicked bite down the back stretch. On one of the laps, Danny caught his own son between 1 and 2 who was in the way of Danny using his line. Danny made contact with Daniel, who ended up spinning off the top of turn 2, drawing another caution.

I made sure to get a real good look at Danny's right rear under caution and it seemed to be fine. On the restart however, Danny's LEFT rear went flat. It was now a battle of Matt and Billy Dunn for the remainder of the feature. Billy got an awesome run on top between turns 3 and 4 but couldn't complete the pass on the front stretch. Matt was crawling on the bottom to get good bite on the front stretch just off 4. Matt even said in victory lane that he wasn't the best car, he just got lucky with the breaks is all. That was a damn good race.

1st off great to see the dr back in a 1st class hot rod, thankyou vic coffey and team,and yes it was a great race ,if not for the hole in 1&2 that danny had to drive through to get by of all cars his son, the left rear stays up and we have a #39 & 9s battle to the end.. i belive #39 wins it , but hey shit happens

My son hitting 5 doubles in 3 baseball games.

Pro Stock feature at LVS followed by the BB feature at LVS

Jonathan Preston passing half of the field in the first five laps of the PST feature at Canandaigua Saturday night.

Pro Stock feature at Fonda, One of the best feature i have seen there in the 58 years i have been going there

• Like 2

BB feature at LVS. If Britten had just 2 more laps.

Fonda 

Lupos chicken spedies sandwich. 

And racing in the features.

• Like 1

Old Timer's Day at Yankee Stadium...

• Like 2

Pro Stock feature at Fonda.

There were 3 and 4 wide at so many different points in the race that it would be impossible to recap without video playback and stopping the video 50 times.

And the finish?

It was arguably more exciting than the Pro Stock championship at Oswego last year.

Bonus: I believe it went green to checkers.

• Like 2

3 guys getting their first ever modified wins! Congrats to Jesse Marks (Accord), Brandon Watkins (Delaware), and Cale Ross (New Egypt).

• Like 1

Racing related, the finale for the Dirt Cup @ Skagit on Saturday night. The ASCS A Main was incredible!!! If you have a subscription to LOR.TV, it’s a must watch. Later in the year it will air on MAVTV.

Tim McCreadie going around Darrell Lanigan. 

• Like 2

All the racing was pretty good at Canandaigua. Good to see Danny competitive, and watching Matt, Erick, and Billy. But what I saw in the pits brought the most joy. Seeing Tico Conley hanging around in the pits in Alan’s pits trying to figure out a motor issue, Randy The Robot Kisacky the only one working on Matt’s car when many think there’s an Army behind Matt , and Danny having a lot of his old crew guys helping him out on the car. This shows me that there are a lot of great people that have enjoyed the sport like I have for over the last 40 years and we still spend our Saturday nights at a track. How do we get kids intrested again that’s what we need to figure. I think now people are less patient and want things over and done quick. The days of showing up at the track at 3, hanging around finishing the final tweak on the car, shooting the shit for a couple hours, racing, and talking after the races are gone:((((

I'll also day the Fonda Speedway Pro Stock feature!!!!! Absolutely incredible!!!!! Just in time for this Saturday's Hondo Classic!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!! Oh and admission is $5 Saturday at Fonda😉

• Like 1

Rick Duzlak got spun around in turn 2 in the LVS pro stock feature and hit the wall hard head on, getting airborne in the process. Not only was he able to drive it back to the pits, he went back out, passed some cars and finished 13th!!

FB_IMG_1561394033130-270x180-135x90.jpg

I'm with Jon. The sun. I went from white to red!

• Like 1

The mod feature at Ransomville was a good one between Rudolph and Williamson. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GasketCase said:

Pro Stock feature at Fonda.

There were 3 and 4 wide at so many different points in the race that it would be impossible to recap without video playback and stopping the video 50 times.

And the finish?

It was arguably more exciting than the Pro Stock championship at Oswego last year.

Bonus: I believe it went green to checkers.

And Gasket does get the bonus points.  It did go green to checkers.  :animier:

That was definitely one of the best d*mn pro stock races I've seen.  (I may be slightly biased....  #prostocksrule)

• Like 1