Those laps 3 laps and the fans reaction was something I won't ever forget.

I'm a Valley regular who only gets out to Fonda 2-3 times a year. Hats off to Brett for all the work he's done there. What a total 180 from when I was there at the end of September last year. 

That race was sooo worth the 2.5 hour ride out there.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RJO said:

Yes he did on new rubber while everybody else was on used worn out tires. Glad you enjoyed it. I’m enjoying my vacation in Wisconsin if you must know. 👌

Mister know it all, he put on a used tire, not new. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would say that Friesen drove balls to the wall with time being of the essence as he made his way to the front. I would have bet $50 that Sheppard was going to get the win. No way in hell did Friesen have enough laps to get him. Boy was I wrong! And how about JZ telling Doug Elkins that she is finally getting comfortable in her modified. She was layin down some fast laps. Lap 2 was the fastest of the race when she turned a 19.065.  Last time I saw her go that hard into turn 1 was when she was drivin a sprint.

• Like 1

Drove two and a half hours from CT up for this race. Got word that Riverside Drive was a parking lot so bailed in Amsterdam and came down 5. No problems. Parked about back in Johnstown though... LOL. HUGE crowd. Place was a zoo which made the atmosphere even better. Walking in it had that big race feel to it and the field didn't disappoint with many of the big boys in town. 39 cars is nothing to sneeze at and it was a quality field.

Track was rough to start and I thought we were going to be in for a long night, but they go it fixed and the surface for the feature was pretty solid. When the green flew I figured anyone in the top 8 had a shot at it but when Stewie got the lead I thought it was over, but in the span of 30 seconds the top two blew up and blew a tire which changed the whole race.

The next 19 laps were stunning. I am so glad I was there to see it. Stew's drive back to the front was nothing short of remarkable. One well timed caution gave him a chance and he did the rest. Passing one of the best, on the last lap, around the outside of Turn 4, with the entire grandstand on its feet going crazy. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Friessen, Shepherd, Rudolph top 3. Three of the best in the business right now. I don't know how anyone could ask for anything else out of that race or complain about that show in the least. Yes, the track was iffy to start, but it came around and provided one of the best races you're likely to see anywhere this year.

• Like 5

West racing 01 nailed it and just one thing to add - Mod feature done at 10:00 just like Malta last week. If people want to party they could do it after the races & us old geezers could be on our way. 

11 hours ago, macho said:

Yes RJO is a complete asshole. Ban me if you must but 'fans' like home are a real pain in the ass.

They all gather every year at the Chili Bowl.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toprow said:

Is there a highlight/replay out yet from last night?

Unfortunately no replay will be available on DTD TV due to the race being broadcast later this year on MAV TV.

I shot the TV camera in turn 3. I saw the gap between Sheppard and Friesen shrinking in the last 40 or 5 laps. When they went by me for the final time on the last lap, Sheppard had a 1 1/2 to 2 car length lead as they entered 4. Then I heard the crowd roar because Friesen must have made it close. I can't see the start/finish line from turn 3, so I have no idea what happened. I also don't get MavTV so I'll never see the finish...

What's sad is, this isn't the first time this has happened.

After the MAV airing, I'm sure someone will post clips, it was a amazing moment to add to the great history of Fonda Speedway!!

Sounds like a lot of liberal democrats on here trying to trash our sport that most of us love! Probably the same ones who said they would move to Canada if Trump were elected! Well what are you waiting for? The race last night was spectacular, one for the ages! Not many drivers would have been able to come back from 14th with 19 laps to go and win! Certainly not possible at many tracks these guys run weekly! Deyo and his team did an outstanding job! Yes, the track was rough to begin with, but they made changes and allowed we “the fans”, who love this sport, to watch a great race! Many of the voices on here are those miserable bastards who always complain about something...2016 election! Didn’t your momma teach you if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

These are the times I wonder why we even bother with the message board on DTD anymore...

Why be so negative about an event that you didn’t attend RJO?  What’s in it for you?  Is it just to get a rise out of people like Scott?  (Who by the way just finished raising close to $4,000 for the Bill Ag dash and chooses to promote the positive side of our sport.)

Im honestly curious because I see a lot of it lately.

Why are race fans (in general) so damn miserable?

My friend I agree.  Negativity is getting bad on this forum.  I'm having a hard time with it as well.  I help a friend at Canandaigua with his big block.  The year has not gone very well, but we are having fun.  I don't work on the car during the week, but the guys that do have really worked hard and I give them a ton of credit and with blown engines and broken parts those guys could say enough is enough, but they keep putting the time in and putting the car back in the trailer for the next race.  That's racing!.  A guy like RJO is bad for the sport!!  Be nice to see him deleted from the forum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rangers94 said:

Sounds like a lot of liberal democrats on here trying to trash our sport that most of us love! Probably the same ones who said they would move to Canada if Trump were elected! Well what are you waiting for? The race last night was spectacular, one for the ages! Not many drivers would have been able to come back from 14th with 19 laps to go and win! Certainly not possible at many tracks these guys run weekly! Deyo and his team did an outstanding job! Yes, the track was rough to begin with, but they made changes and allowed we “the fans”, who love this sport, to watch a great race! Many of the voices on here are those miserable bastards who always complain about something...2016 election! Didn’t your momma teach you if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything! 

Why the hell cant you stay on topic and talk about the fantastic racing last night? You have to bring up the self-admitted sexual predator and fat dumbass who is going to waste millions of dollars tonight pretending he is adolf hitler with his tanks rolling though the streets. Disgraceful to say the least! Please keep the conversation about the race. Thank you!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dirtdigger said:

My friend I agree.  Negativity is getting bad on this forum.  I'm having a hard time with it as well.  I help a friend at Canandaigua with his big block.  The year has not gone very well, but we are having fun.  I don't work on the car during the week, but the guys that do have really worked hard and I give them a ton of credit and with blown engines and broken parts those guys could say enough is enough, but they keep putting the time in and putting the car back in the trailer for the next race.  That's racing!.  A guy like RJO is bad for the sport!!  Be nice to see him deleted from the forum.

Ignore the negative idiots. There are a lot more positive posts here about the racing last night.  Focus on the good stuff!

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Why the hell cant you stay on topic and talk about the fantastic racing last night? You have to bring up the self-admitted sexual predator and fat dumbass who is going to waste millions of dollars tonight pretending he is adolf hitler with his tanks rolling though the streets. Disgraceful to say the least! Please keep the conversation about the race. Thank you!

Talk about staying on topic...….. your reply is the pot calling the kettle black. You managed to express your political views on a forum that would prefer that you didn't. Being a Trump supporter, I'd rather you be deleted because of your Trump comments, instead of RJO.

Gotta go...… the president is about to give his "Salute to America" talk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Krummel said:

Talk about staying on topic...….. your reply is the pot calling the kettle black. You managed to express your political views on a forum that would prefer that you didn't. Being a Trump supporter, I'd rather you be deleted because of your Trump comments, instead of RJO.

Gotta go...… the president is about to give his "Salute to America" talk

Are you talking about the Liar in Chief? The Fake Prez! lol.  I want to talk racing. I didn't initiate the political BS. How about we talk racing? Maybe Mr. Miller could give another reminder that this is a race forum.  I prefer to talk about racing, NOT politics. I thought Bachetti was pretty consistent last night. When was the last time he won a feature at Fonda? Has he ever won a feature at Fonda?

It's no secret that I am a Fonda supporter, having spent Saturday nights there since the 70's. Last night's mod feature is why I love Fonda so much. Even though it is a big, fast track, the mods can move through the pack if they have a good handling car. 

Yes, it did come down to the same two, but, who would have thought JZ would get by Rocky and pull away from the field at the beginning. Or Rudolph would pass Shepperd with ease late in the race, only to give it back up a few laps later. The roar from the crowd when Stewy crossed ahead of Shepperd is probably the loudest I have ever heard it there.

I had a group of 7,with me being the only regular there, and one of my buddies summed it up best when he said, " There is no way you can expect more for your money than that!"

I saw Jamie Paige looking about run ragged long before the races started, so I know he had another long day at the track. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Big said:

Mister know it all, he put on a used tire, not new. 

I do not believe that. Not for a second. Unless rolling the tire out of the trailer to the car qualifies as "used".

8 hours ago, Rangers94 said:

Please keep your closed-minded political views to yourself. This is a racing forum. There are people of all political leanings here, and every driver has followers from each side of the political spectrum. If Stewie or Matt start a political party, we might have room for that bullshit somewhere on here. I doubt it though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I really don't care if it was a new tire or a used tire.  If it was so easy to come through the field with new rubber on the car, then everyone would do it.

• Like 1