Sign in to follow this  
KrashMender

JUST LEFT FONDA SPEEDWAY.. AND...

Was just at Fonda Speedway putting the blankets down for tomorrow nights FIRECRACKER 50.  Mike Parillo was out watering the track getting it ready for tomorrow night. Brett Deyo and crew were busy in their white painter suits prepping all of the walls, jersey barriers and tires to put a fresh coat of white paint on them. Looking gooooooooooood.. Had a moment to speak with Denise Page and she informed me that the special for tomorrow night is Hot Meatball Sub and get ready everyone... Her very special Strawberry Shortcake. If you've never had it, tomorrow night is the time to get some.. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!! Can't wait for tomorrow... 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, fiend540 said:

Letting people put down blankets day(s) before the race is kind of a crappy policy imo

No shit. That immediately turned me off. 

• Like 2

A bunch and I mean a whole bunch of people already had blankets down. I wouldn't be surprised if some people left their blankets from Saturday night.Oh well. 

• Like 1

Good grief, I’ll never get the 2 minutes back from clicking & reading this silly thread.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

No shit. That immediately turned me off. 

Yeah because no other tracks allow it 🤦

I leave my blanket down for the whole season.  Crap the one I left from the last race of the season last year was still there for the opener

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

Yeah because no other tracks allow it 🤦

None of the ones I go to regularly do. 🤦🏻‍♂️🖕🏻

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I have gone to a lot of tracks and was one of the first 50 or so in and there were blankets down all over the place. For years.

• Like 1

What would be the difference if I go put my blanket down tonight or I go over there in put my blanket first in line at the ticket booth.    Would that make u feel better even though it would have the same results?

• Like 4

Good thing there's no saving seats with a blanket in the covered grandstands for the Fonda 200.. Every seat in the covered grandstand is numbered and is reserved. I already have my 11 reserved seats for both nights. The bleachers are general admission and I'm sure a bunch of people will have their seats saved. I think they'll use garbage bags instead of blankets in case it rains so they won't have a wet ass.. jmo  Everyone have a safe and enjoyable Independence Day.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, farklek7 said:

Does anybody else feel like taking the day off of work and going to the track tomorrow to move all the blankets around?

I had a guy (same guy ) move my blanket 3 weeks in a row.   Finally on the 3 week I went off on him.  I told him if u get up to go to the bathroom yours is going over the fence.  Poor bastard was drinking and couldnt go to the bathroom for 2 hours until his buddy got there to watch his seat 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When i go to other track and get in line early and get in and find a lot of blankets down. I think they are the people that are there every week. I have no problem with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

I had a guy (same guy ) move my blanket 3 weeks in a row.   Finally on the 3 week I went off on him.  I told him if u get up to go to the bathroom yours is going over the fence.  Poor bastard was drinking and couldnt go to the bathroom for 2 hours until his buddy got there to watch his seat 🤣 

Now that’s just evil & funny @ the same time. Lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

Maybe I should wrap a blanket on the back rail that I sit on on the roof at the Valley.

Go for it if they let you

40 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

I've been up there long enough that people leave me room LOL

20190702_223053-193x179-144x134.jpg

Yep..

3 hours ago, Mike Coleates said:

None of the ones I go to regularly do. 🤦🏻‍♂️🖕🏻

🤷‍♂️🖕

If people get to the track the night before the race. Or early am.   I do not have a problem with them goin in and saving seats.   

i got to Fonda bout 215 today and people were going in and out no problem.  Not sure when they locked it up.  But this makes more sense to me than more people than need be standing in line for a half hour before the show in 90 heat.    I got there after these people.  I would just be standing in line behind half of them anyway

I know I have been to tracks that people leave there blankets down for not only two day shows .   But sometimes all season . I do not have a problem with this either.  Up until the point no one shows up to sit on it .  Then I have no problem removing it👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, leroy said:

I know I have been to tracks that people leave there blankets down for not only two day shows .   But sometimes all season . I do not have a problem with this either.  Up until the point no one shows up to sit on it .  Then I have no problem removing it

Are you talking about the busted up garbage bags that have been taped on the stands at Five Mile Point for like 5 years? Those things are hilarious.