4 hours ago, montess said:

For everyone that is upset. Would you have preferred the race been a bore fest? What we seen last night was the good and bad of good hard racing. No less on a slick track with time trials. Max ran a perfect race till 2 laps to go. Rudolph was what I expected Sheppard to be tonight. About perfect. In the end most of all fans had to be surprised who won. Including the winner himself Matt Sheppard. His interview was priceless. And so is Sheppard fan too. He’s still probably pinching himself still thinking it’s just a dream Matt won. Lol. Can’t believe how many fans are calling Max out. He made a mistake. He apologize for it. For everyone calling him out I ask one question? Are you perfect?  In the end that was damn good entertainment tonight. 

Glad max smashed into the leader and wrecked him because it gave entertainment instead of a bore fest is what you are saying...

yikesss.

• Like 2

I'll take a last lap pass for the win instead of what took place.....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I think Rudolph did bump McLaughlin making the pass in turn one to take over the lead, but it was very slight. Nothing anyone could call "dirty."

And I also think some people here are way too critical of McLaughlin. The guy was going for his first ever Super DIRT Series win. Yep, he dumped himself and Rudolph. If his dive to the bottom for a major slide job had worked, you'd all be saying it was the most brilliant move you had seen in years. Instead, it turned into disaster. I'll bet everything I own that it wasn't intentional, it was just taking the one chance he had to regain the lead and it failed.

Here is another thing... who apologizes for something they intended to do?

First of all there was no room for a slide job with a lapped car on the bottom lane. It was a blatant display of frustration by someone who just realized he was going to get beat! One question Mr Miller,  would your forgiving view of the incident be the same if Matt Sheppard or Gary Tompkins had been the one taken out and robbed of the victory?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, montess said:

For everyone that is upset. Would you have preferred the race been a bore fest? What we seen last night was the good and bad of good hard racing. No less on a slick track with time trials. Max ran a perfect race till 2 laps to go. Rudolph was what I expected Sheppard to be tonight. About perfect. In the end most of all fans had to be surprised who won. Including the winner himself Matt Sheppard. His interview was priceless. And so is Sheppard fan too. He’s still probably pinching himself still thinking it’s just a dream Matt won. Lol. Can’t believe how many fans are calling Max out. He made a mistake. He apologize for it. For everyone calling him out I ask one question? Are you perfect?  In the end that was damn good entertainment tonight. 

Much more than a mistake my friend. Watch replay and see how fast he is going when he hammers Erik.

I feel for Max's father who was a class act his whole career.

• Like 1

Umpopular opinion,  good for Max. Erik's been pulling that move for years at ransomville and merrittvill. What goes around....you know the rest lol alright Bobby Mo, let me have it lol

• Confused 1

Bush league move from Max. There’s really no other way you can look at it. There was literally no chance that move was going to turn out anything other than it did.

Im not seeing where he offered an apology on Twitter? Maybe I missed it.  I found an explanation for what he did and he said he learned from it but really didn't sound like an outright apology. 

From Max's Twitter:

"Lead 99 of 100 laps. He got into me on last lap getting into 1 ran me up track off 2. I got in 3 hard and went for the win. I got tight and hit him with my RF tire instead of nerf bar and jumped him. Feel terrible and didn’t have any intentions to dump him. Mistake made. Learned."

It's really unfortunate because I think a lot of people wanted to see Max get his first SDS win.  Including myself.  I have a hard time defending what happened there.  Rudolph was coming on strong in the last 10 laps and I knew Max would have his hands full. Never in a million years did i think I'd see that.  The stands went nuts.

23 minutes ago, Speedway21 said:

Umpopular opinion,  good for Max. Erik's been pulling that move for years at ransomville and merrittvill. What goes around....you know the rest lol alright Bobby Mo, let me have it lol

I wouldn't expect any different response from an ignorant BIAS pos as yourself!!!! Oh buy the way, do you have to attend summer school again this year or did your mommy get you a reprieve?

Daddy Mike never drove that way! Classless!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foster said:

nice ,this isnt napcar, twitter isnt gonna fix this 

Idk nascar lets them have at it after the race. Dirt guys apologize on Twitter apparently after blatantly taking a guy out on the last lap simply because they were losing 

• Like 1

I am not condoning Max's retaliation but Erick's pass for the lead did have some contact too. Max tried to use the lapped car as a pick and Erick wasn't going to have it, so Erick pushed Max up to clear the lapped car. I'm sure sitting in Max's seat, the push up by Erick felt a lot harder than it actually was. Throw in the part where he lead all those laps to have it taken at the end, no doubt he was heated. Not the first time it's happened,  not the last either. 

At least we finally get to see the 9s in victory lane.... it's been way too long!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What’s crazy to me is that was the most “pedestrian” I’ve seen Matt Sheppard look at Canandaigua in a long time and because of two big events, he goes from a borderline top 5 to winning the race.

I thought Wright, Max, Dunn, Rudolph, Britten and Phelps all had better cars than the 9s last night, but sure enough he still found his way to VL.

1 hour ago, Speedway21 said:

I'm not even sure if you're serious or being sarcastic. Just for fun name me one time Erick wrecked someone like that at Rans. Or Merrittville ( or anywhere). 

• Like 3

I guess I will take a different view. I would love to see what Max was seeing. It looked like he saw a little hole between the two cars and went for it. He screwed up for sure, but it didn't look intentional. People are drama queens on here.

• Like 4

Wow pretty obvious who's never raced and who watches races all weekend long but is still clueless. Saw a hole????? Lolololololololol

11 hours ago, Shyglizzy said:

Erick passed max clean while battling 2 lapped cars....erick chose the right lane and 6 did not.....Max hammers the throttle going into 3 because he got passed.......real professional I’m sure nascar will love that 

wouldn't say clean by any means he defiantly used mad up going into 1, because max definitely wouldn't have done what he did other wise.  

23 minutes ago, Pinesol said:

I guess I will take a different view. I would love to see what Max was seeing. It looked like he saw a little hole between the two cars and went for it. He screwed up for sure, but it didn't look intentional. People are drama queens on here.

So if you were in Erick's shoes and that happened to you you wouldn't have a problem with it??

51 minutes ago, racer80 said:

Max must have been tutored by Tim Sears.....LOL

Looked more like a Sheppard at UR move to me...

Just curious how you aren't blaming Erick for causing Max to wreck like you blamed Larry when Matt dumped him.....🤔

8 minutes ago, leakin_fluids said:

Looked more like a Sheppard at UR move to me...

Just curious how you aren't blaming Erick for causing Max to wreck like you blamed Larry when Matt dumped him.....🤔

I never blamed anyone when that incident happened & as far as the LOL goes, Ray Charles could tell Max was waaaaay out of line....LOL

3 hours ago, racermurray said:

Much more than a mistake my friend. Watch replay and see how fast he is going when he hammers Erik.

I feel for Max's father who was a class act his whole career.

I was there & it happened rite in front of me for I was sitting in turn 4 stands. Going down the backstretch I had a feeling Max & Eric weren’t gonna make threw turn 3. Do I think what Max did was rite? Hell no. But it’s part of racing. Weather you guys like it or not.  You guys act like this was the 1st time a 2nd place car took out the leader coming to the end of a race. So for everyone complaining would the race been better if it was a single file snooze fest?

All I can say is "wow" after watching the video.  I would say something snapped in Max's thought process for a split second and he was overcome with frustration and made a bonehead move. He said it wasn't intentional and it was a mistake. I would bet if he had the same scenario he wouldn't make that move again. He screwed up big time and he knows it. He is not the first driver to make a dumb move like that.