Jump to content




Recommended Posts

Based on the video and the twitter post, the mistake I see Max made was not hitting him with the nerf bar to move him out of the way. 

Had his move worked the way he say he intended, he still would have drove through Rudolph... Anyway you slice it, Max intended to remove Rudolph from the lead by force, not by skill. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Max figured he could lean really hard on Erick and muscle his way to the win ... leaned a little too hard. It does look like on the video that Erick made a little bit of contact and did squeeze up the track, but nothing remotely out of line in my opinion.

Max just went in over his head, let his adrenaline get the best of him. Max is a young driver and I bet he went in a lot harder than he planned to beccause he was like a bull, "I'm gonna get by that guy." One move does not make or break a career, hope he learns from it because the kid has a lot of talent and potential. While that won't make it up to Erick, these things often blow over in time if Max makes a honest effort to make amends.

Too bad for both teams as it sabotaged great paydays for both of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pinesol said:

I guess I will take a different view. I would love to see what Max was seeing. It looked like he saw a little hole between the two cars and went for it. He screwed up for sure, but it didn't look intentional. People are drama queens on here.

Maybe all the drama queens on here just have better eye sight and a little more common sense than yourself!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From just looking at the video posted.  I do not see any slide job. Nor do I see any attempt to pass.   It looks as though Max just drives his front end right into the side of Rudolph's car

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, montess said:

I was there & it happened rite in front of me for I was sitting in turn 4 stands. Going down the backstretch I had a feeling Max & Eric weren’t gonna make threw turn 3. Do I think what Max did was rite? Hell no. But it’s part of racing. Weather you guys like it or not.  You guys act like this was the 1st time a 2nd place car took out the leader coming to the end of a race. So for everyone complaining would the race been better if it was a single file snooze fest?

I agree with you.

Sincerely,

Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Goggles Paesano said:

I agree with you.

Sincerely,

Spelling

I only hope to be perfect like you someday. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, robertmorris said:

Maybe all the drama queens on here just have better eye sight and a little more common sense than yourself!

Maybe, who knows. I agree with Bill Smith's assessment. Maybe you need glasses though. Tell me how far in Max was before he hit Eric if there was no hole whatsoever?? Keep watching that video and you tell me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Pinesol said:

Maybe, who knows. I agree with Bill Smith's assessment. Maybe you need glasses though. Tell me how far in Max was before he hit Eric if there was no hole whatsoever?? Keep watching that video and you tell me.

Rudolph had set the car so I assume the opening at the rear of his car was bigger due to the fact he started to turn. If Max did have enough room he may have possibly been able to use the nerf to move Erick up the track, but the room wasn't there to successfully get his car turned. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robertmorris said:

Rudolph had set the car so I assume the opening at the rear of his car was bigger due to the fact he started to turn. If Max did have enough room he may have possibly been able to use the nerf to move Erick up the track, but the room wasn't there to successfully get his car turned. 

like max said checkers or wreckers was the goal only 7 races this year , i still say if he doesnt draw p 1 we are not haveing this debate, maybe the russians did it ? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, montess said:

I was there & it happened rite in front of me for I was sitting in turn 4 stands. Going down the backstretch I had a feeling Max & Eric weren’t gonna make threw turn 3. Do I think what Max did was rite? Hell no. But it’s part of racing. Weather you guys like it or not.  You guys act like this was the 1st time a 2nd place car took out the leader coming to the end of a race. So for everyone complaining would the race been better if it was a single file snooze fest?

How is what took place better than Rudolph passing Max on the last lap for the win? We should be talking about a great race for two of racings up and coming stars. Instead we have all of this.... 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, foster said:

like max said checkers or wreckers was the goal only 7 races this year , i still say if he doesnt draw p 1 we are not haveing this debate, maybe the russians did it ? 

Nah....I say Global Warming was the cause, but then you never know if the Russians were involved....LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

How is what took place better than Rudolph passing Max on the last lap for the win? We should be talking about a great race for two of racings up and coming stars. Instead we have all of this.... 

 

 

So a single file ending with no passing would be better. I get it. No wild finish. In a perfect world we would have had a finish like Fonda the night before. Not everything is perfect these days. I’m done with this topic. Please continue to argue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, montess said:

So a single file ending with no passing would be better. I get it. No wild finish. In a perfect world we would have had a finish like Fonda the night before. Not everything is perfect these days. I’m done with this topic. Please continue to argue. 

Didn't Rudolph pass Max on the last lap before the incident?!?!?! That's far from a single file ending......

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

Didn't Rudolph pass Max on the last lap before the incident?!?!?! That's far from a single file ending......

Yea,but why let that get in the way of the story?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every driver who's been around long enough has made a similar mistake.  Yes I said mistake.  I don't believe Max meant do wreck his own car and a competitor.  I also snicker at some of the comments here.  Some of you would have a much different tone if another driver did the same but because Max is who he is and the  company he hangs with he's yet another spoiled punk.  

I like the kid, he's a good driver  owned his error and will come bad hungrier than ever.  

I love dirt track racing.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dirt-in-my-beer said:

Every driver who's been around long enough has made a similar mistake.  Yes I said mistake.  I don't believe Max meant do wreck his own car and a competitor.  I also snicker at some of the comments here.  Some of you would have a much different tone if another driver did the same but because Max is who he is and the  company he hangs with he's yet another spoiled punk.  

I like the kid, he's a good driver  owned his error and will come bad hungrier than ever.  

I love dirt track racing.

That was no mistake... You probably think Willy Decker hitting Matt Sheppard was a mistake

Straight kamikaze into Rudolph everyone in the pits could hear Max drive flat foot into Rudolph 

IMO I would rather have The Justin Wrights, Jack Ledner, Mike Mahanoy, Brandon Walters. Erick Rudolph.  In these races cause they buy the cars, build the cars and SET UP the cars and possibly  shed a tear when they get destroyed 

This kid shows up from NC with his last name, Matt Hearn and Al Henkie at his side and does this...

Some crap apology over social media...be a man go down the Rudolph trailer let him cuss you out cause you deserve it say your sorry more people would respect you. Erick himself would probably respect you more. In Max’s mind he thinks he’s a nascar driver and they are too cool for verbal butt whooping 

sad  

I do hope he wins big on asphalt so I don’t have to watch him any longer 

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:03 AM, dirt-in-my-beer said:

Every driver who's been around long enough has made a similar mistake.  Yes I said mistake.  I don't believe Max meant do wreck his own car and a competitor.  I also snicker at some of the comments here.  Some of you would have a much different tone if another driver did the same but because Max is who he is and the  company he hangs with he's yet another spoiled punk.  

I like the kid, he's a good driver  owned his error and will come bad hungrier than ever.  

I love dirt track racing.

I snicker thinking someone after looking at the video draws an opinion that people based their conclusion on someone's last name. Who he is and where he came from is immaterial, video explains it all!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, robertmorris said:

I snicker thinking someone after looking at the video draws an opinion that people based their conclusion on someone's last name. Who he is and where he came from is immaterial, video explains it all!

 

Good Lord...

My point is that some people's minds were already made up before lap 99.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I see the 2 go around the bottom in 1 & 2 in front of the 25. I don't know what line Max was running prior, was he going in low and sliding up to the top or not? If not, then Rudolph moves him up and out of the way. Not one single race car driver likes having that done to them. Rudolph could have hugged the bottom and raced cleanly but chose not to. It seems most of you think this is OK. As they approached turn 3, Max backed off as he knew the top was not the way he was going to win. I honestly think if he had followed the car on the bottom he would have driven past Rudolph and won, just as Rudolph had done to him the lap prior. But he didn't. He did what I and many of you have seen Danny Johnson do countless times - drove it right in there. Somehow with Danny, no matter how the contact was made, how long they were locked together, or how high in the air he got as he went over the other guy's front tire, he always came out of it with no significant damage and drove on to the win. But the 6 and the 25 got locked together and spun.

If both the 6 and 25 had made it to the checkerd, no matter the outcome, would it then be acceptable?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, By The Book said:

So I see the 2 go around the bottom in 1 & 2 in front of the 25. I don't know what line Max was running prior, was he going in low and sliding up to the top or not? If not, then Rudolph moves him up and out of the way. Not one single race car driver likes having that done to them. Rudolph could have hugged the bottom and raced cleanly but chose not to. It seems most of you think this is OK. As they approached turn 3, Max backed off as he knew the top was not the way he was going to win. I honestly think if he had followed the car on the bottom he would have driven past Rudolph and won, just as Rudolph had done to him the lap prior. But he didn't. He did what I and many of you have seen Danny Johnson do countless times - drove it right in there. Somehow with Danny, no matter how the contact was made, how long they were locked together, or how high in the air he got as he went over the other guy's front tire, he always came out of it with no significant damage and drove on to the win. But the 6 and the 25 got locked together and spun.

If both the 6 and 25 had made it to the checkerd, no matter the outcome, would it then be acceptable?

 

Coming from someone who wasn’t there you really seem to know what your talking about

You’re right Erick got what he deserved.

Dont bring the doctor into this it’s not fair he played no part in this.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, By The Book said:

So I see the 2 go around the bottom in 1 & 2 in front of the 25. I don't know what line Max was running prior, was he going in low and sliding up to the top or not? If not, then Rudolph moves him up and out of the way. Not one single race car driver likes having that done to them. Rudolph could have hugged the bottom and raced cleanly but chose not to. It seems most of you think this is OK. As they approached turn 3, Max backed off as he knew the top was not the way he was going to win. I honestly think if he had followed the car on the bottom he would have driven past Rudolph and won, just as Rudolph had done to him the lap prior. But he didn't. He did what I and many of you have seen Danny Johnson do countless times - drove it right in there. Somehow with Danny, no matter how the contact was made, how long they were locked together, or how high in the air he got as he went over the other guy's front tire, he always came out of it with no significant damage and drove on to the win. But the 6 and the 25 got locked together and spun.

If both the 6 and 25 had made it to the checkerd, no matter the outcome, would it then be acceptable?

 

Erick couldn't stay to the bottom because there was a lapped car there.

He squeezed up to where Max was. Max hoped to block him in with the lapped car, Erick rubbed his way up. Neither move was "dirty".

The was likely some contact Max didn't like. Didn't look harsh in the video but when you're being passed for the lead in the final laps, chances are you are a bit pissy and any contact gets amplified. 

This is a sport where tempers flare. This is racing's version of a hockey fight. I'm sure neither driver cares now. There may be less grace given someday in the future but that's yet to be determined. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, By The Book said:

So I see the 2 go around the bottom in 1 & 2 in front of the 25. I don't know what line Max was running prior, was he going in low and sliding up to the top or not? If not, then Rudolph moves him up and out of the way. Not one single race car driver likes having that done to them. Rudolph could have hugged the bottom and raced cleanly but chose not to. It seems most of you think this is OK. As they approached turn 3, Max backed off as he knew the top was not the way he was going to win. I honestly think if he had followed the car on the bottom he would have driven past Rudolph and won, just as Rudolph had done to him the lap prior. But he didn't. He did what I and many of you have seen Danny Johnson do countless times - drove it right in there. Somehow with Danny, no matter how the contact was made, how long they were locked together, or how high in the air he got as he went over the other guy's front tire, he always came out of it with no significant damage and drove on to the win. But the 6 and the 25 got locked together and spun.

If both the 6 and 25 had made it to the checkerd, no matter the outcome, would it then be acceptable?

 

Are you new to racing?? Cause you're not even close in your thoughts. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In defense of Max, he did run into a slowed car on a caution and barrel rolled himself in the same section of track almost exactly last year at LoL.

Maybe it really was nothing personal against Eric. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



















×